Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i got a solution so please Close this thread - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i got a solution so please Close this thread

2»

Comments

• edited November 2014

@K2Bytes said:
    So you want to say that me or others have some personal grudge against you, just think why does it happen to you only?

TBH Its not because you guys have a grudge on me, its because you're veteran providers who have dignity, fame, experience, good will.

Now my part im just a potential techie with no clue about marketing and dignity. In short im a ( NOOB ) when it comes to market thats the pricky truth. Which I accept.

Thanked by 1godong
  • Your issue is the windows license cost, not the VPS cost.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

rajprakash said: Your issue is the windows license cost, not the VPS cost.

well 1GB Ram + 1TB for $1.50.... may still be a slight issue :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2014

i think even a dual L5520 (8 cores 16 threads) can do it, depends on disks and what runs on the machines.
    Heck, VIA C7 1000 runs 2008R2 pretty good, that would be much worse than a thread on an L5520. Of course, if it is only for admining the server per se. If you are installing stuff and stress it, wont do, obviously.

• K2Bytes said: So you want to say that me or others have some personal grudge against you, just think why does it happen to you only?

YOU MISS JON

• @gihan Why not ask them to sign up with DO... 1 month 1 GB ram free... $0...

Thanked by 2netomx Droidzone

DO has windows?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited November 2014

@Maounique said:
    DO has windows?

Vultr have it though, DO don't have it yet AFAIK

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • my bad...

Vultr had a similar trial too but it has since expired... but they give out 5 in credits now
    https://www.vultr.com/news/26/ ... just click on the deploy now button and create account

• thanks for everyone's ideas i will ask them to register on runabove with their parent's crdt cards

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited November 2014

please don't make their parents pay for this, I think I can work something out for you, please just contact me via pm and I will see what I can do for you.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited November 2014

If the OP is telling the truth about the (25students for a private a IT class). Let wait to see 25 parents file a CC charge back? Whoever wants to take the risk, go for it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited November 2014

Yes I will take the risk, but I won't being charging anything so I have really no risk on that point. As I was going to give them for free for a month like the op needs, which I can tell you will be destroyed(the vm's) at the end of his month. but I just want to say, I was trying to avoid something like chuck is saying, and also feel for the parents who probably don't want to pay for something like that.

• i am not going to pay i will ask them to use a refferal link of runabove and get free crdts from runabove,crdt cards are just for verfication

• really? I can tell you parents don't like their info online just for "verification" or anything as I can tell you I certainly wouldn't like to find out I was being charged later like in the creditkarma commercials. that is why I was going to give them to you for free on my private node, and you wouldn't have to worry about anything.

• @gihan said:
    i am not going to pay i will ask them to use a refferal link of runabove and get free crdts from runabove,crdt cards are just for verfication

Sounds like a solid plan, it is $2.50/month anyway, and you get $5 free credits, so your students can have 2 months of trial service from RunAbove with trial version Windows.

• You can also consider AWS Free tier - http://aws.amazon.com/free/

nikhil500 said: You can also consider AWS Free tier - http://aws.amazon.com/free/

As many people found out pretty quick, that is not free.

• @Maounique said:
    As many people found out pretty quick, that is not free.

Do they have some hidden charges or something like that?

• If OP wasn't lying about asking parents, I pity the student's parents.
    And he's even going to make them sign up with his referral link.
    He mentions a private lesson, he can't even provide the resources? The parents are being ripped off.

• @gihan how much do they pay for the private lessons?

• thank you everyone for your support btw the class fee is just 7usd per month @wych hehee are you looking forward to join our class

• @gihan said:
    the class fee is just 7usd per month

You could offer a 2nd pricing to include the costs so that students can have "hands on" experience.

• mmm they can use debit card thats why i didn't much bother about that thing,here we can open a bank account and get a debit card by depositing just 4usd

• Flag the thread rather than changing the title if you want it closing buddy.

Thanked by 1gihan
This discussion has been closed.