Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM – Unacknowledged and wrong payments charged for already cancelled services. Beware of BlueVM! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM – Unacknowledged and wrong payments charged for already cancelled services. Beware of BlueVM!

Comments

• Open Paypal dispute, easy?

• When you signed up you did indeed create a PayPal subscription as others have stated. When you cancelled you left it open and got changed automatically by PayPal. We do issue refunds for these over payments, but you do have to contact us to get them.

If you've already issued a request via ticket PM me (or email me admin[at]bluevm.com) the ticket number and transaction ID and I'll look into refunding the payment.

• Paypal offers two types of payment : Check Out & Subscribe.. If you choose to subscribe by choice or by mistake or by forces of nature... that is for your own convenience. So you must remember to cancel it yourself.

@AnthonySmith and few other providers have their strong stance on this to ONLY issue account credits and wont refund at all for such issues. @BlueVm atleast considers your request and have put you in a refund queue in your own words. @BlueVM may be slow in tickets or support, but in my experience with them, they have never told a lie or played with words to refuse a payment. ( They have refunded me in full in the past, and have also credited for affiliate payment balance when they stopped it)

Understand that the fault is on your side, and be patient to receive the refund, and be thankful for it.

1. BlueVM CAN disable subscriptions. This can be done for canceled services through PayPal api.
    2. But most likely they should not do it for you, they didnt create this subscription, so why you ask them to cancel it?
    3. There is no other way you pay automaticly to BlueVM through PayPal. So your words about "ohhh, I didnt allow bluevm to bill me" looks like a scum.
    4. They can refund payments made more than 60 days ago.

So be patient and polite, stop blaming BlueVM regardless of what do you think about their service.
    Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @BlueVM said:
    When you signed up you did indeed create a PayPal subscription as others have stated. When you cancelled you left it open and got changed automatically by PayPal. We do issue refunds for these over payments, but you do have to contact us to get them.

If you've already issued a request via ticket PM me (or email me admin[at]bluevm.com) the ticket number and transaction ID and I'll look into refunding the payment.

I contacted BlueVM and opened a support ticket over 2 weeks back. I have messaged you the details.

• Oh no not this discussion again...

The next one who is stupid enough not to cancel a subscription and comes here to moan about it owes me $7!

• I was going to say just about the same thing. If people want to give $7 bucks out they can just gift it to me and go on about their day. This is getting a bit stupid on people's end of things.

Learn to treat your paypal account like any other bank account, and you will be ten times better off. At the end of the day your money is your responsibility and not anyone's but yours. Stop trying to blame others for your mistakes, and man up.

• cloudjumper said: And as far as I know, I never subscribed to BlueVM for paypal subscriptions.

You have, there is no way for a merchant to unilaterally create a subscription or otherwise debit your account.

• turnkeyintenetturnkeyintenet Member, Host Rep

We see this all the time too - we even send email notices with big red letters to say cancel your paypal subscription when a client cancels, but it doesn't matter - when they forget to cancel the paypal portion of the subscription it leads to some bad PR or screaming a month later. to the OP - you may not remember it, but you would of gone through an almost identical check out procedure to normal paypal, and simply agreed to the subscription without perhaps completely understanding, but its not the host's fault, but it would be great if they bent over backwards to refund it to you and help you out with that.

• @cloudjumper Can you let us know when you receive a refund (or otherwise). We'll see if @BlueVM is as good as their word.

Thanked by 1cloudjumper
  • For what its worth, I've been waiting for over two months for my promised BlueVM refund. They "put me in the queue" back in early September. I'm pretty sure that's not showing up and have written it off as a loss and a learning experience. I won't ever do business with them again.

Thanked by 1cloudjumper
  • cloudjumpercloudjumper Member
    edited November 2014

@upfreak said:
    Paypal offers two types of payment : Check Out & Subscribe.. If you choose to subscribe by choice or by mistake or by forces of nature... that is for your own convenience. So you must remember to cancel it yourself.

AnthonySmith and few other providers have their strong stance on this to ONLY issue account credits and wont refund at all for such issues. BlueVm atleast considers your request and have put you in a refund queue in your own words. BlueVM may be slow in tickets or support, but in my experience with them, they have never told a lie or played with words to refuse a payment. ( They have refunded me in full in the past, and have also credited for affiliate payment balance when they stopped it)

Understand that the fault is on your side, and be patient to receive the refund, and be thankful for it.

This was 2 weeks ago. The refund queue they mentioned was supposed to be processed last Friday. And when I asked again, it was obvious that they didn’t want to refund the money. It’s been more than 2 weeks and I still haven’t received my refund. I don’t think BlueVM has enough customers left to have that long refund queue. If they wanted to refund my money, they would have refunded it long back.

Take a look at their recent promotion at LEB:

http://lowendbox.com/blog/bluevm-three-quarterly-offers-starting-at-2-55-for-256mb-in-6-us-locations/

Look at BlueVM lying in the comments section to salvage the situation and gain public sympathy. Nobody can be fooled by such stupid tactics. BlueVM has commented on this thread, but I am sure it’s just to make them look better and salvage their public image. We’ll see, I have already given them enough time, I’ll wait some more.

• cloudjumpercloudjumper Member
    edited November 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Oh no not this discussion again...

The next one who is stupid enough not to cancel a subscription and comes here to moan about it owes me $7!

Oh, could you be more obvious than that! Yes, I was unaware of the subscriptions and I made a mistake, so why not just refund the money as promised and resolve the matter?

• @Nekki said:
    cloudjumper Can you let us know when you receive a refund (or otherwise). We'll see if BlueVM is as good as their word.

Yes, I’ll do that. But I don’t have my hopes high on this. As usual, this is just a lie from BlueVM to make them look better in the public and salvage their reputation. I’ll just play along. Thanks for your support, @Nekki. You are one of the few staff members who still have their integrity and morals intact and are respected by the community members.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We disabled subscription on hostbill due to frequent issues with this. However, on prometeus.net, we have many customers using this and many are asking for it back in hostbill. It is a PITA to be called thieves every day for "withdrawing" money for cancelled services, people open disputes without opening even a ticket, we do refund those within 45 days, of course, the money remain in credit anyway for those with other services left, but the strange thing is some people still DO NOT cancel the subscription after the refunds/disputes and they prefer to open a dispute every month.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Maounique said:
    some people still DO NOT cancel the subscription after the refunds/disputes and they prefer to open a dispute every month.

For some reason, PayPal keeps that active subscriptions page well hidden

• @upfreak On the new PayPal page, it's two clicks. Click the "tools" and then "Preapproved payments".

• @upfreak said:
    For some reason, PayPal keeps that active subscriptions page well hidden

Makes them money...

• I received a reply from BlueVM that the payments should be refunded. But I still haven’t received my refund yet, so I’ll not comment at this time.

@BlueVM When exactly will you refund my payments?

• @BlueVM Knock, Knock, is anybody home? Hey BlueVM, are you there? Where are you hiding? Did something bad happen to you? Did you meet with an accident? Are you dead?

Hey, it’s okay if you don’t want to refund my money, it’s expected of BlueVM. I can understand your desperate situation and I pity you. You can keep the money, consider it as a donation to BlueVM Welfare Fund. Just admit that you lied and had no intention of refunding the money.

@Nekki It’s been more than 45 days since the transactions and more than 3 weeks since I opened the support ticket. I have already waited long enough to receive my refund. I don’t think BlueVM has any intention of refunding the money. As predicted, this was a lie from BlueVM to make them look better in the public. They have been doing this all along and I am tired of their lies, false promises and stupid tricks.

Everyone can see BlueVM for who they are. These scammers will go to any extent to scrape and survive. If people still expect me to trust BlueVM, they are absolutely mistaken. BlueVM has no credibility and 0 trust score. Stay away from this ScumVM!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If this is so, it is tragic, they might be on their last legs, probably unable to refund. I would be really upset if BlueVM goes down, I am a long standing customer of theirs and there is great value for the money for the kind of usage I need.

• You are so impatient. It takes time for Paypal to process.

• @cloudjumper said:
    Oh, could you be more obvious than that! Yes, I was unaware of the subscriptions and I made a mistake, so why not just refund the money as promised and resolve the matter?

Sure, it would be great if they would refund it. But if they would not and would just keep it as a service credit, that would be fine as well. It's their decision to make.

Just man up, admit you made a mistake, apologize to the community for making such a fuss about having made a mistake, and stop using LET as BlueVM's ticket system!

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2014

using LET

How else is it to be used. Just to promote providers? Sharing experiences of the company & the service is pretty much all we can do to evaluate whether they are worth using or not. Or to put it another way, is there a more appropriate site/public space to discuss these things?

Thanked by 1cloudjumper
  • @cloudjumper said:
    Everyone can see BlueVM for who they are. These scammers will go to any extent to scrape and survive. If people still expect me to trust BlueVM, they are absolutely mistaken. BlueVM has no credibility and 0 trust score. Stay away from this ScumVM!

Seems the only scammer here is you.

• @ricardo said:
    How else is it to be used. Just to promote providers? Sharing experiences of the company & the service is pretty much all we can do to evaluate whether they are worth using or not. Or to put it another way, is there a more appropriate site/public space to discuss these things?

There is not. This is something between a customer and a business and whatever the business decides, it's fine as the customer made a mistake.

It's like me moaning on Volkswagen's public forums about having driven against a tree and Volkswagen not repairing my car free of charge.

• Sure, I understand that not cancelling a subscription is something the OP had the power to change, I guess I just see an abundance of "LET is not a help desk" comments and wondered whether there was more to it.

• Not sure who's take you're on here @mpkossen . Your argument using a car as an example is poor and missing the second part of the issue. If you had crashed into a tree and VW said they would repair it for free...but then did not and left you with the bill, you too would complain. This is a very vital part to the complaint.

I see the bigger issue is a provider has stated they'd refund but have not yet. This is a very valid issue and seems to be pushed to the wayside. Get off the paypal subscription issue. We all know who's at fault there.

A provider should stop giving lip service when they clearly don't plan to act on it. @BlueVM seems to have done this on more than one occasion (to me as well). All lessons learned and never again will they receive business or referrals from me.

Thanked by 1cloudjumper
  • @Zshen said:
    Not sure who's take you're on here mpkossen . Your argument using a car as an example is poor and missing the second part of the issue. If you had crashed into a tree and VW said they would repair it for free...but then did not and left you with the bill, you too would complain. This is a very vital part to the complaint.

I see the bigger issue is a provider has stated they'd refund but have not yet. This is a very valid issue and seems to be pushed to the wayside. Get off the paypal subscription issue. We all know who's at fault there.

A provider should stop giving lip service when they clearly don't plan to act on it. BlueVM seems to have done this on more than one occasion (to me as well). All lessons learned and never again will they receive business or referrals from me.

That's not the original issue the OP had, but that's what he's turning it into now that he's been proven wrong on his original complaint (given that it was his own fault). Rather than admitting to his mistake and apologizing for making a scene, he likes to still turn this into a BlueVM-is-bad thread which really makes be doubt his motives.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind threads about BlueVM having bad service, etc. But at least bring on a real case rather than a very weak case. Sure, they said they'd refund him and they should still do it, but then again, I could understand them not rushing to the party with this thread here and him not apologizing or showing a little bit of empathy. And as with most companies, refunds are at the bottom of the queue I think.

Zshen said: If you had crashed into a tree and VW said they would repair it for free...but then did not and left you with the bill, you too would complain.

You're trying to right my wrong analogy wrong. It's more like you crashing into a tree with a Volkswagen, complaining about it on their forums, Volkswagen saying they'll fix it for free (either transaction fees included or not), and them not (yet) doing it. Nobody has been sent a bill in this case. There's just not been an act towards their promise yet.

• Well the OP perhaps could have made more of an effort to raise his hands and admit 'fault', but it seems that the topic/thread has another facet to it now, the one where a refund said it would be given and isn't. That's what the latest post of the OP alludes to.

It seems like you're placing more emphasis on the initial complaint than the evolution of the thread. Perhaps it'd make more general sense if it were split in two at the point where a refund was requested and offered.

Thanked by 2switsys cloudjumper
This discussion has been closed.