Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

run jingling on vultr...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

run jingling on vultr...

lewissuelewissue Member
edited November 2014 in General

first I want to buy 20 jingling VPS. but it only allow 5

so I opened a ticket about letting him add more quota to 20. and I said I want jingling in this ticket.

and he added resources. I think he allows this by adding me quota so I get 20 VPS of jingling.

today he terminates all my VPS............. I feel so bad

so I suggest, DON'T USE JINGLING ON VULTR

and in their AUP, there's no forbidden words of jingling.

and there's only process of CPU abuse and the procedure is limit but not terminate

I know I deserve the money lose for haven't investigated providers..... so please do not mock me for that...

Comments

• Vultr doesn't Infact any so-called cloud provides wont allow jingling because it abuses IO at peaks , other customers are disturbed because of this.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Vultr doesn't Infact any so-called cloud provides wont allow jingling because it abuses IO at peaks , other customers are disturbed because of this.

but he hasn't stated that I/O intensive stuff is forbidden in AUP...

• @lewissue said:
    but he hasn't stated that I/O intensive stuff is forbidden in AUP...

It's common sense...

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • and firstly I think VULTR/DIGITALOCEAN/LINODE are clouds so that they won't mind for resource-intensive stuff like other providers

now I found I'm wrong

• @Pwner said:

I firstly guess clouds are different from common providers

• @lewissue said:

Clouds , better get yourself a good explanation about it. However the so-called cloud providers are just making a cluster of nodes in different locations and using backend and frontend scripts to deploy them as early as possible. no fail over ips no DDOS protection no firewall nothing.

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • Better go with dedicated, most providers won't deal with the I/O abuse / CPU abuse for a few bucks a month.

• Oh dear another crap thread, please stop spreading your cancer.

Thanked by 2xDutchy netomx
  • @Blanoz said:
    Oh dear another crap thread, please stop spreading your cancer.

Here we go here we go here goooooooo! Here we goo here we go oi oi oi!!!!!!

• How's about quit being an idiot and stop trying to run that crap program everywhere.

• jingling is pretty much useless and waste bandwidth to use

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • How about you shut the fuck up about running jingling?

• @lewissue what cpm/ptp network do you use, popcash? popads? or you are trying to build a jingling farm and sell to others?

• If you are so determined to run the monstrous software, you may just get a dedicated server and abuse it's I/O as you please. Otherwise, you will never find a provider that will let you abuse the VM's like this.

• To enable jingling to generate money, one need to have traffic from unique IP to manipulate the cpm/ptp adds. Otherwise it is useless.

If you have 50 crappy blog, and 300 unique jingling IP, then you can generate 15.000 unique hits a day

• Off topic: I think one of the reason wable cq @ryanarp terminate the first package is due to abuse from jinglingers who bought many accounts intended for vpn but end up serving jingling.

• Grab one of these when they come out and RAID 0 the SSD's for speed, i'm sure it will work great.

http://www.soyoustart.com/en/betas/game-servers or even an SSD one from http://www.soyoustart.com/en/essential-servers, but they are a little more expensive.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited November 2014

Wouldn't buying a dedicated server be more expensive for this jingle guy when the HDD dies? I doubt that dedicated server providers replace it for free?

• Mark_R said: I doubt that dedicated server providers replace it for free?

Isn't it a common practice for the provider to replace faulty hardware for free?

• jingling is a great SSD killer :P

• vRozenSch00n said: jingling is a great SSD killer :P

>

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited November 2014

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    Isn't it a common practice for the provider to replace faulty hardware for free?

I never had hardware dying on me so I'm not really sure about that. Maybe it depends on how much profit they make.

• Of course if the hardware on your rented dedicated server fails the provider would replace it. Otherwise how would they keep you as a customer?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @rds100 said:
    Of course if the hardware on your rented dedicated server fails the provider would replace it. Otherwise how would they keep you as a customer?

Maybe its just you guys that do that for customers and thats why you keep us ;)

• @rds100 said:
    Of course if the hardware on your rented dedicated server fails the provider would replace it. Otherwise how would they keep you as a customer?

an example would be someone running HDD killing software on a 15-25$/m dedicated server from datashack, if he keeps getting the HDD's killed on such cheap dedicated servers then they will lose profit right? I don't see @lewissue paying for a high end dedi.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2014

@Mark_R those HDDs have warranties, don't they? If a HDD dies we just return it to the supplier and get a replacement :) Of course we keep spares in stock to be able to have the customers up and running as soon as possible.
    Of course if one customer keeps killing HDDs one after another we would ask him to not renew and get a server somewhere else. But hardware can and do fail and hardware replacements on rented servers are something normal.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @lewissue said:

Go ahead and use Amazon EC2. I don't think they will complain as long as you pay.

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

@eLohkCalb said:
    Go ahead and use Amazon EC2. I don't think they will complain as long as you pay.

Bet they would run you up a nice I/O bill though!

• @lewissue said:
    first I want to buy 20 jingling VPS. but it only allow 5

so I opened a ticket about letting him add more quota to 20. and I said I want jingling in this ticket.

and he added resources. I think he allows this by adding me quota so I get 20 VPS of jingling.

today he terminates all my VPS............. I feel so bad

so I suggest, DON'T USE JINGLING ON VULTR

and in their AUP, there's no forbidden words of jingling.

and there's only process of CPU abuse and the procedure is limit but not terminate

I know I deserve the money lose for haven't investigated providers..... so please do not mock me for that...

just get a dedicated server from GVH mate

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@TriDoxiuM said:
    How about you shut the fuck up about running jingling?

This discussion has been closed.