Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM - From $8/yr! Absolutely CRAZY!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM - From $8/yr! Absolutely CRAZY!

Current Specials!

Wondering what's so great about BoltVM? Here is our latest review. On Sunday, we plan on rolling out free weekly backups! Later next week, we're looking into rolling out rebootless updates. Additional features are in the works!

We provide amazing support, with response times as quickly as 30 seconds sometimes! Communication is one of our strongest assets and we make sure our clients know everything that is going on, just ask any of them.

Our Lightning (SSD) Plans!

Lightning 256
256 MB of RAM
1 Core
10 GB of SSD RAID 10 Disk Space
250 GB of Bandwidth [Monthly]
1 IPv4
$15 a year [LIMITED PROMO (LIFETIME $8/yr DISCOUNT)]: STEVENISCRAZY

Order Now!

Lightning 512
512 MB of RAM
1 Core
25 GB of SSD RAID 10 Disk Space
500 GB of Bandwidth
1 IPv4
$3 a month

Order Now!

Lightning 1024
1,024 MB of RAM
2 Cores
50 GB of SSD RAID 10 Disk Space
1,000 GB of Bandwidth
1 IPv4
$5 a month

Order Now!

Our Thunder (SSD Cached) Plans!

Thunder 256
256 MB of RAM
1 Core
25 GB of SSD-Cached RAID 10 Disk Space
250 GB of Bandwidth [Monthly]
1 IPv4
$15 a year [LIMITED PROMO (LIFETIME $8/yr DISCOUNT)]: STEVENISCRAZY

Order Now!

Thunder 512
512 MB of RAM
1 Core
50 GB of SSD-Cached RAID 10 Disk Space
500 GB of Bandwidth
1 IPv4
$3 a month

Order Now!

Thunder 1024
1,024 MB of RAM
2 Cores
100 GB of SSD-Cached RAID 10 Disk Space
1,000 GB of Bandwidth
1 IPv4
$5 a month

Order Now!

Test IP: 198.46.138.196

Located in 530 W 6th Street, our servers are hosted in one of the premier datacenters in Los Angeles. With access to a plethora of peering and transit, our network in Los Angeles is superb.

Thanked by 2netomx comXyz

Comments

• Why didn't you want to say hosted with ColoCrossing?

Thanked by 2ATHK TheKiller
  • @Spencer said:
    Why didn't you want to say hosted with ColoCrossing?

Because colocrossing likes to release private information to outside entities. :)

• @Spencer said:

I don't see why that pertains to anything, we're choosing to leave ColoCrossing over the coming weeks and that's really all that matters.

• Why people think ColoCrossing is bad?

I think the VPS providers are more important. You cannot say ColoCrossing is bad if some providers cannot handle their servers

• edited November 2014

@c1bl said:
    Why people think ColoCrossing is bad?

I think the VPS providers are more important. You cannot say ColoCrossing is bad if some providers cannot handle their servers

What if they can but aren't able to because of the hardware faults on their(CC's) side ?

• @Steven_F why is your site in-complete.

• and no stock... Guess i'm sticking with reliable brands like VPSDime.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Steven_F why is your site in-complete.

More information please! Don't attempt to bash other providers when your service isn't even up to scratch.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
    What if they can but aren't able to because of the hardware faults on their(CC's) side ?

If it is the case, so it's CC's fault.

• @ATHK said:

You're taking it the wrong way. Most of his site is complete but only near the plans its in-complete I am trying to tell him that , because customers when they see dolor ipsum on a site they already know its not reliable and before anyone tries to hit him with such remarks I did it first so that he can rectify this.

Anyway im not concerned about you @ATHK , @Steven_F hope you take this in a +ve way unlike the above and rectify it , these are the mistakes I've committed wouldn't want you with a great service to commit the same.

• @Steven_F : Accepting bitcoins?

• How about ipv6 and rdns ?

• Where is the original bolt 1024 with 40gb hdd for $15 a year? :(

• @Lewatan No IPv6 to my knowledge, rDNS is a yes - but had to do it via ticket.

@linuxthefish https://boltvm.com/promotions - select yearly. The promos are only for the first year, so I think that's why @Steven_F can't list them here.

• Because our website is getting upgraded shortly and I never got around to completing this one. It has everything you need. What's important is our service.

@darknessends said:
    Steven_F : Accepting bitcoins?

Yep, we do accept BitCoins via BitPay (soon to be Stripe).

@Lewatan said:
    How about ipv6 and rdns ?

rDNS is a yes. You can open a ticket and we'll set it. I'm going to automate it eventually, but there might be one or two other updates first (I need to see the list of what's planned).

Currently, IPv6 is not supported. Once we move from ColoCrossing, we will have IPv6. There is no ETA on the move, because we're waiting on one thing right now that may or may not be done any day now (that's what I've been hearing for a month ARGH!).

@linuxthefish said:
    Where is the original bolt 1024 with 40gb hdd for $15 a year? :(

But... but... They have 50 GB SSD or 100 GB HDD for $15 year. We can't advertise that, though, because it's not recurring (anymore).

@mikeyur said:

Great, do I need to hire you now? Damn!

• @Steven_F Just trying to be helpful, enjoying my service so far. If you want though, you can make my $15/yr plans recurring ;) Missed out on the early bird specials apparently.

• @mikeyur said:
    Steven_F Just trying to be helpful, enjoying my service so far. If you want though, you can make my $15/yr plans recurring ;) Missed out on the early bird specials apparently.

Think about the starving RAMs! Imagine if we made everyone's plans recurring and then we couldn't feed the baby RAMs. That would be insane! So, for the sake of the RAMs, I'll have to take this into deep consideration.

• edited November 2014

@Steven_F said Because our website is getting upgraded shortly and I never got around to completing this one. It has everything you need. What's important is our service.

I said the same but on this forum people decide what a book is about by first looking at the book's covers.

I follow this but turns out its useless in this industry. Never judge a book by its cover.

Just trying to help you , dont take it on -ve side.

• I could confirm the disk IO is super fast now.

Best value if you want to run some DD test and have fun...

ioping -c 10 .
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/15): request=1 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/15
    ): request=2 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/15): request=3 time=0.1 ms
    ): request=4 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/15): request=5 time=0.1 ms
    ): request=6 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/15): request=7 time=0.1 ms
    ): request=8 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /vz/private/15): request=9 time=0.1 ms
    ): request=10 time=0.1 ms
    --- . (simfs /vz/private/15*) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9001.9 ms, 11136 iops, 43.5 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.1/0.1/0.1/0.0 ms

@:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.17806 s, 911 MB/s
    @:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=1k oflag=dsync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    67108864 bytes (67 MB) copied, 0.241161 s, 278 MB/s
    @:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=4k conv=fsync
    4096+0 records in
    4096+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 0.173383 s, 1.5 GB/s

• @Steven_F - Any ETA on KVM offerings?

• @FrankZ said:
    Steven_F - Any ETA on KVM offerings?

Not at this time, it's a little bit further down on the list.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

Well, better to only bash the provider which you used in past.

We've never experienced any issue in their hardware, currently have about 10-15 (Or maybe a bit more) gears from HVH.

P.S I won't mind to show you proofs :)

• @Sady said:

P.S I won't mind to show you proofs :)

Have fun.

Have fun.

I supposed that you should have sleep :)

• @Sady said:
    I supposed that you should have sleep :)

No I'm always active even while sleeping I keep my phone beside me just incase any ticket is opened I get a load ringtone for it.

• Ladies, gents, and others: let's keep this on topic about BoltVM. If you have any questions, please ask!

• @Steven_F ETA on NYC?

• @mikeyur said:
    Steven_F ETA on NYC?

Higher up than KVM, but still far enough away that I can't give you too accurate of a timeline.