Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM OpenVZ Lighting 1024 (Los Angeles) Reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM OpenVZ Lighting 1024 (Los Angeles) Reviews

comXyzcomXyz Member
edited November 2014 in Reviews

Provider: BoltVM

Plan: Lighting 1024 VPS

Price: 5 USD / month

Purchased: 08/2014

Specs:

RAM: 1GB
Swap: 1GB
HDD: 50GB
Bandwidth: 1000GB
CPU: 2 cores 3.40GHz

bench.sh

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
Number of cores : 2
CPU frequency :  3399.846 MHz
Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
System uptime :   61 days, 20:48,
Download speed from CacheFly: 56.5MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.26MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 56.6MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.34MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 5.35MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 28.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.30MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 79.1MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 102MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 32.1MB/s
I/O speed :  1.1 GB/s

Control panel:

Uptime: no downtime except manual reinstallation and reboot. I don't know why there is 1 minute downtime in the report

Support: 1 ticket.

When I purchased, I didn't choose any OS, so the VPS wasn't auto provisioned. I opened a ticket and asked for help. They replied in 1 minute, and problem solved.

Overall experience:

Fast VPS with fast network connection.

Support is fast and friendly.

Comments

• 1 hour ago, you asked what tool is it. Now you are showing us an uptime report using that 'tool' dated back 2 months?

• @PetaByet said:
    1 hour ago, you asked what tool is it. Now you are showing us an uptime report using that 'tool' dated back 2 months?

Because I used many tools to monitor the uptime, and don't remember what tool can generate this report.

• @c1bl said:
    Because I used many tools to monitor the uptime, and don't remember what tool can generate this report.

I think his point is; unless you set the tool up historically how did it record the data?

• @wych said:
    I think his point is; unless you set the tool up historically how did it record the data?

To clarify, I already setup many tools to monitor uptime in the past: uptimerobot, pingdom, nodequery, turbomonitor, gotsitemonitor, statuscake and few others.

And when I write this review, I just want to know what tool can generate the report like that. I didn't remember so asked here, and then luckily I logged in to StatusCake dashboard, and realized that's it.

• There is down (more than 1 minutes) when they Updated linux kernel few days ago.

overall all good, since august on Lighting SSD 1024
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/08/19/xcPwbWZIznmEqmqj

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @rokok how can you get 51GB HDD.

Does ServerBear add swap to HDD?

• i duno, first thing after bought i run test ;p

• c1bl said: how can you get 51GB HDD

What 51 GB? 50GB = 51200 MB

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @ez2uk said:
    What 51 GB? 50GB = 51200 MB

What are you talking about?

• referring to your post 2nd above mine

• Awesome to hear that you guys are happy. We've got a few things planned for the next two or three weeks, but have been a bit backlogged on the new features.

We're hoping to roll out rebootless updates (via kSplice or KernelCare) and free weekly backups. From there, we'll begin tackling the next set of updates and upgrades. ;)

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • IO Speed is awesome,

Will take server from them for webserver if i'll need any in coming future :)

• @c1bl said:

50GB = 51200MB

Instead of Serverbear dividing MB by 1024 to get GB they probably divide by 1000, so to them 51200MB = 51GB (rounded down)

Thanked by 2alexh comXyz
  • @Sady said:
    IO Speed is awesome,

Will take server from them for webserver if i'll need any in coming future :)

I'm hoping to improve it... ;)

@hostnoob said:
    Instead of Serverbear dividing MB by 1024 to get GB they probably divide by 1000, so to them 51200MB = 51GB (rounded down)

That would be my guess.