Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a sneak peek! NanoCP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just a sneak peek! NanoCP

AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
edited October 2014 in General

Hi everyone,

as some of you may know already i've been working on a Control Panel (yes, everyone seems to be doing it these days)

This one is a little different though.

This one is Aimed at NAT IPv4 or IPv6 Only (but still has functions for the Traditional Dedicated IPv4 VPS Containers)

I'm only working on this for OpenVZ at the moment, i may look at this for KVM/XEN later on, but depends on the girlfriend (yeah, she is getting annoyed i spend more time on the computer then with her)

Small "Legend" for this

b = Both IPv4 & NAT
i = IPv4 Only
n = NAT Only

Anyway, Current Working Features (Client Side Only)

Start/Stop/Reboot (b)
Reinstall OS (b)
Change Hostname (b)
Change Password (b)
Add IPv4 (i)
Add IPv6 (b)
Set rDNS IPv4 (i)
Set rDNS IPv6 (b)
Delete IPv4 (i)
Delete IPv6 (b)
Rage4 DNS Addon (b)
Snapshot (b)
TUN/PPP/FUSE/SIT/GRE (b)
Reassign Port Numbers (n)

Things that are been working on Currently

Cloudflare Addon (b)
Migration (i)

IPv6 Subnets are able to be created in /64 - /96 - /80 - /112, rDNS is PowerDNS

A fair bit of hard work has gone into this :)

Criticisms are welcome, but keep it nice. i would like to know what people would think it would need etc.

*Dashboard

*Nat IPv4 VPS

*Port Assignments

*IPv6 Options

*IPv4 VPS Container

*IPv4 Options

*Add IPv4 (Wable Style :-P)

In the next week or two, (unsure as of yet) i will be looking for a few testers, who will get 1xIPv4 VPS and 1xNAT IPv4 VPS to test out for a 1 Month Period to test out the Functionality, make suggestions, report bugs etc.

Regards

Ryan

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Nice work! Does the web server just talk directly to the node or do you have something in between?

• Currently it is Webserver -> Sanitizing -> Node Via SSH Keys -> .sh scripts premade for every application

so connection times etc from panel to node can get high at times etc (ie, not as fast as solus using lighttpd+RestAPI)
    but gets the job done quite nicely in my opinion.

Plans originally started as a extremely basic panel, but of course.. talking to @AnthonySmith and looking at the request area on LES Forum makes everything more complex :-P but way more fun as well

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Done well. Only thing I can suggest from looking at it is to remove the "profile picture" up in the corner :)

• trewq said: profile picture

Yeah, i know.. that it should go, just doing more functionality then looks at the moment :-P it's on my list though

The best thing is!.. It's not using Twitter Bootstrap! :P

that has to be the most different thing about it.. lol and the main purpose of catering specifically to NAT IPv4 VPS' :P

• @AutoSnipe said:

that has to be the most different thing about it.. lol and the main purpose of catering specifically to NAT IPv4 VPS' :P

You going to release it or keep it in house?

• @MSPNick - At current i'm keeping it Inhouse (and if Anthony and Oliver wish to use it they can). But i would like to release it to the public at some stage. Probably after it's massively feature filled. with Absolutely everything Switchable (so if users don't wish to include rage4/cf/anything else etc they dont have to)

After the testing Stage (mentioned above) i will have a Securities expert and someone else go through it and optimize it where needed and make sure i have all holes fixed etc.

But other then that, it works quite well at the moment.

Of course, admincp for nanocp is quite basic at the moment, just has list* add* and delete*

and of course i have to get around to a whmcs panel.

• Looks great!
    Would love to be one of the testers:)

• @trexos - Will keep you in mind :)

Just need to finish of a bit more fine tuning on both the node and the panel and it should be good to go, but you know.. life gets in the way sometimes :-P

But i'm expecting it within the next week to be open for testing. :)

Thanked by 2trexos tomle
  • TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited October 2014

Looks nice but personally; the red is too red/bright. And maybe reuse the same colo(u)rs from your logo (the green and blue); for the left navbar, online status, the border...

Btw use Foundation 5 and with semi-transparent divs (with a nice background) ... ,it gives some funky effect :)?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I like it. Looks a lot like iRedMail's panel.

Thanked by 2Cakey k0nsl
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Wow, love it! Will surely like to be a beta tester :)

• Thanks guys for the Positive Remarks :)
    @TheLonely , The plan is to use Proper Buttons instead of CSS Driven ones later on, but these are already done for now.

I've tried to make it as Simple as possible but keeping it as feature filled as possible without compromising anything.

Just to let you know, The Beta Test will be on a Quad Core 16GB 4xSAS Drive Dedi on 1Gbit in the USA. i plan to only have 4-5 Testers on it, maybe more.. who knows yet, and all Testers will have the 1 Month Free Usage of each type of VPS to test the panel out etc. and each Dedicated IPv4 VPS will have 2-3 IP's with it, so you can test out the IP Add Features for IPv4 and IPv6 :)

Thanked by 2netomx TheLonely
  • edited October 2014

@AutoSnipe you're using anything other than php ? , I have been working on 1 for openVZ too to kill my boredom , mainly concentrating on simple PDO + MYSQL + Ajax + CSRF to accomplish them. With a single php file + bash scripts just like you mentioned getting the node connection through RSA keys. Master will however perform using cron jobs to pass on requests.

• Looks good, make sure you charge some money for it to buy your girlfriend something nice :) She'll be in a more forgiving mood then and will let you spend more time with your computer.

Thanked by 1sijie123
  • edited October 2014
  • Grow a pair...

• @TarballZ said:
    Grow a pair...

Thought you mentioned me in the earlier comment , sorry !

• @TarballZ said:
    Looks good, make sure you charge some money for it to buy your girlfriend something nice :) She'll be in a more forgiving mood then and will let you spend more time with your computer.

I agree too. I'll happy put some money your side f this goes public

• Sweeeeeet! Keep up the good work dude! We need more software like this.

Don't forget to add a donation button or some kind of optional subscription so you can buy your girlfriend something nice :-P

• Nice work so far, keep it up.

You know where I am if you want some testers.

• Decided to ramp it up a bit and im getting a "securities expert" to go over the script in the next few days.

@vpsraidsolutions
    for now its just simple php mysql and a more secure version of php2ssh
    but this is all changing slowly. As i have found the implimentation of php2ssh is very slow at times. And more then 4 or 5 requests at once have major preformace problems on both sides. I know the slaves will still be connected to via ssh via rsa keys but the main question is how in the end to limit the performance drop.

Currently the script is running off two php filled scripts for the backend (one user one admin so nothing gets crossed over somehow) and litterally everything is if/ifelse'd (although not as bad as the feathur functions.php script imo)
    Although alot of ideas have come from feathur and it is a great piece of software i felt the need for something different and more customizable (to me at least)

But on that note it is not going to be released to the public for a while at least. Im hoping for all features to be 100% and no issues etc before it is released.
    But since nanovz/megavz customers will see the NAT functionality of it once its tests etc are over i will have a dedicated ipv4 platform out soon too.
    Just working out a few things before that is released hopefully at the start of December. fingers crossed

Once again, thankyou everyone for your kind words. And if there is some sort of functionality you would like to see in NanoCP (openvz only) please dont hesitate to tell me and i will see what i can do.

Regards,

Ryan

• Ps. My girlfriend says she doesnt mind me on the computer all night its just during the day when im not at work that she hates it :p

Thanked by 1Blanoz
  • @AutoSnipe said:
    Decided to ramp it up a bit and im getting a "securities expert" to go over the script in the next few days.

vpsraidsolutions
    for now its just simple php mysql and a more secure version of php2ssh
    but this is all changing slowly. As i have found the implimentation of php2ssh is very slow at times. And more then 4 or 5 requests at once have major preformace problems on both sides. I know the slaves will still be connected to via ssh via rsa keys but the main question is how in the end to limit the performance drop.

Currently the script is running off two php filled scripts for the backend (one user one admin so nothing gets crossed over somehow) and litterally everything is if/ifelse'd (although not as bad as the feathur functions.php script imo)
    Although alot of ideas have come from feathur and it is a great piece of software i felt the need for something different and more customizable (to me at least)

But on that note it is not going to be released to the public for a while at least. Im hoping for all features to be 100% and no issues etc before it is released.
    But since nanovz/megavz customers will see the NAT functionality of it once its tests etc are over i will have a dedicated ipv4 platform out soon too.
    Just working out a few things before that is released hopefully at the start of December. fingers crossed

Once again, thankyou everyone for your kind words. And if there is some sort of functionality you would like to see in NanoCP (openvz only) please dont hesitate to tell me and i will see what i can do.

Regards,

Ryan

Well , Basically you could do what solusVM does and I intend to do something like it.

Placing a non-standard port nginx / lighttpd server with a pair of REST api which accepts request based on a key and only from a recog IP. Whatever commands you wanna perform later can be done with php2ssh internally without the need to actually connect ssh over the net.

server1(master) -> command -> sanitise -> encode + key -> server2 (slave) -> decode - > sanitise -> ssh-to-itself -> perform command -> get-response -> sanitise -> encode -> send-back-to-master.

Then again you could store in DB as logs.

• That was one of the original plans but i really didnt like the idea of running two webservers on NAT nodes. (Although i already do, thought master -> slave ssh would be more practical in that sense

• @AutoSnipe said:
    That was one of the original plans but i really didnt like the idea of running two webservers on NAT nodes. (Although i already do, thought master -> slave ssh would be more practical in that sense

ssh to self is faster when nodes are not in the same place. Just to reduce the response times. Since you're saying you're doing it with bash scripts make them return some variable like 0 or 1 for false or true respectively to catch them.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    ssh to self is faster when nodes are not in the same place. Just to reduce the response times. Since you're saying you're doing it with bash scripts make them return some variable like 0 or 1 for false or true respectively to catch them.

I'm drawing out some code from feathur too but since they've used a framework reading a file a day lol.

• haha well, i have only used a few base functions (totalling about 30 lines) of about 3200 Total Lines at current. hoping to cut this down a bit over the next few days.

well, i will spawn up another Vultr and test it out that way a bit later.

Always lots to do i swear lol

• @AutoSnipe said:
    haha well, i have only used a few base functions (totalling about 30 lines) of about 3200 Total Lines at current. hoping to cut this down a bit over the next few days.

well, i will spawn up another Vultr and test it out that way a bit later.

Always lots to do i swear lol

True , in terms of security lack of experience at even 1 point will lead to a very big disaster.

• Exactly, that is why i plan to have it in use for nanovz/megavz and budgetvz for a period before release to the public, so i can fix any bugs that come up as i notice them. :)

Anyway, must get coding again :P

• (Y) Happy coding mate , I am working on a MMORPG panel for the game servers I host.

www.rebellionkilleronline.com

Is an example , Client functions are not totally done but will be finishing upcoming week. I'm not a good front end dev though.