Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Co-location suggestions - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Co-location suggestions

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

If you've not bought the server yet do yourself a favor and go dedicated. Less risk, hassle, and probably lower costs.

• @jbiloh said:
    If you've not bought the server yet do yourself a favor and go dedicated. Less risk, hassle, and probably lower costs.

They're not for me only for renting them out.

• It scares the shit out of me that you are actually thinking in buying a server or multiple servers from a seller at ebay....

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

VPSRAIDSolutions said: You stock I pay , but no fee to replace. Unless its around 20~30$ its ok.

Co-lo providers are not going to buy and keep spare hardware on site for your equipment, especially since you want it for free. This is not how co-lo works.

VPSRAIDSolutions said: around 150 per server , 2A 1U 10TB 1 GBPS /26 block default or per IP @ 0.25

You might be better off looking at a rented machine, which will solve a lot of the issues you're looking at. You may be able to find someone willing to do $150 per month with a setup fee depending on the specs of the hardware you want.

• Just a suggestion, If your host will allow you to announce IPs so that you can purchase it from @AlexanderM ,

Have 2x /24 at $70/month each from them announced at colocrossing.

• This sounds to be possible if you go with fiberhub, as per i know they they do hardware sales too. And Handynetworks is known for quality and uptime, they could be costly though. > @VPSRAIDSolutions said:

around 150 per server , 2A 1U 10TB 1 GBPS /26 block default or per IP @ 0.25

• @Jack said:

Not sure, we've server management @ $100/m from them & they've charged any extra penny for announcement.

We don't charge any recurring fee to announce your own IP space.

• @Jack said:
    One time fee and you require your own switch I believe?

They gave us free Cisco Catalyst 3500, might be only for 21U & 42U.

We've 21U with them.

• LeeLee Veteran

VPSRAIDSolutions said: I actually got it covered up a customer had paid me advance for one of the servers for renting it. So I'm already recovering.

Sorry, wut? A customer paying in advance... Do you not have any funds of your own?

Why don't you just blow your cover and admit your SZ1?

• @W1V_Lee said:

I highly doubt that his SZ1.

• @W1V_Lee said:

lol? SZ1 and me ?

Jack said: One time fee and you require your own switch I believe?

Yes if you want a BGP session you need a device speaking BGP.

• @MSPNick said:
    I highly doubt that his SZ1.

Because you're SZ1?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:
    Because you're SZ1?

Or are you?

• @trewq said:
    Or are you?

That'd be a thing, wouldn't it...

Thanked by 1trewq
  • @Nekki said:
    Because you're SZ1?

Or are you :O!

• W1V_Lee said: Why don't you just blow your cover and admit your SZ1?

In his defense, his English is actually better than sz1's. Again, anyone even considering buying hosting from sz1hosting/szsocial/hostingandvps.eu should reconsider ASAP.

All stuff aside, he isn't allowed to post offers until 01-01-2015 and neither is @BharatB. That is, if either of them don't violate that restriction before that time.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @ez2uk said:
    mpkossen isnt vpsraidsolutions bharatb ?

The email used by @bharatb is [email protected]

So.....

• @sirmbhe said:
    The email used by @bharatb is [email protected]

>

So.....

vpsraid on whois is registered to Bala Bharat

So.....

• edited October 2014

@ez2uk @DalComp @sirmbhe

Both are my accounts , BharatB was first with name clouds4india I asked mpkossen to rename it to BharatB any more questions ?

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    ez2uk DalComp sirmbhe

Both are my accounts , BharatB was first with name clouds4india I asked mpkossen to rename it to BharatB any more questions ?

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    I'm not here for anyone's entertainment.

At last you're succeeded in your mission, lol

• @StephenIzzy said:
    At last you're succeeded in your mission, lol

What mission exactly ?

• @ryanarp said:
    Please humor me with your budget for such service. It sounds like you would like cheap colo with the benefits of a rented machine. Why not just get a rented machine, there is very little benefit in owning your own hardware if you're not planning on keeping spares on site. If you're looking to deliver a quality product it shouldn't be a big deal to ship a few extra drives, raid card, and set of RAM.

I wonder if he plans to ship his server all the way from India.

• @TarballZ said:
    I wonder if he plans to ship his server all the way from India.

Who ever said the servers were in India in the first place ?

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited October 2014

Deleted within seconds... sorry

• You should invest some money in Clearasil instead of trying to play hosting provider.

• edited October 2014

I'll refrain from replying on off-topic comments