Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Co-location suggestions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Co-location suggestions

Comments

• @ OP don't waste precious time of others, just lease a server from a reputable DC & start selling. But problem is people like you learn only after wasting time & money of their own & of others. But best of luck to you...

• @vpslegend said:
    @ OP don't waste precious time of others, just lease a server from a reputable DC & start selling. But problem is people like you learn only after wasting time & money of their own & of others. But best of luck to you...

everyone must bow down and listen to the legend @vpslegend

• @vpslegend said:
    @ OP don't waste precious time of others, just lease a server from a reputable DC & start selling. But problem is people like you learn only after wasting time & money of their own & of others. But best of luck to you...

He already purchased the hardware, now he's looking for a place to colo it.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited October 2014

@vpslegend said:

Yeah.. I also kinda afraid to use your service, well because you (*as i notice) ask many things about hosting such as this thread, meaning that you kinda don't know / have little knowledge of you you will do.

Sorry if i was harsh but, that's just my opinion.

• sirmbhe said: Yeah.. I also kinda afraid to use your service, well because you (*as i notice) ask many things about hosting such as this thread, meaning that you kinda don't know / have little knowledge of you you will do.

i still remember sz1 asked what is raid x_x

• @vpslegend said:

Let me bow down to your technical knowledge.

• edited October 2014

@qps said:
    So are you expecting the co-lo provider to stock replacement parts for your server, or are you going to buy your own spare parts?

You stock I pay , but no fee to replace. Unless its around 20~30$ its ok.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    You stock I pay , but no fee to replace. Unless its around 20~30$ its ok.

That's not how colo works FYI. You can't expect the provider to stock every single part you could possibly want.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

VPSRAIDSolutions said: You stock I pay , but no fee to replace.

Please humor me with your budget for such service. It sounds like you would like cheap colo with the benefits of a rented machine. Why not just get a rented machine, there is very little benefit in owning your own hardware if you're not planning on keeping spares on site. If you're looking to deliver a quality product it shouldn't be a big deal to ship a few extra drives, raid card, and set of RAM.

• edited October 2014

@ryanarp said:
    Please humor me with your budget for such service. It sounds like you would like cheap colo with the benefits of a rented machine. Why not just get a rented machine, there is very little benefit in owning your own hardware if you're not planning on keeping spares on site. If you're looking to deliver a quality product it shouldn't be a big deal to ship a few extra drives, raid card, and set of RAM.

around 150 per server , 2A 1U 10TB 1 GBPS /26 block default or per IP @ 0.25

• @trewq said:
    That's not how colo works FYI. You can't expect the provider to stock every single part you could possibly want.

Thanks for the information.

• I'm not here for anyone's entertainment. I just want to know whether anyone can DO it or NOT. Lately you guys have taken me for a laughing stock but yea I dont care. I'll go with HN / CC ( CrownCloud (QN) ) if no one else is willing.

• edited October 2014
    1. How much space are you looking for?

2. How much power?

3. Bandwidth?

4. Any specific location?

5. Budget?
  • @Snoork_Hosting said:
    1. How much space are you looking for?

2. How much power?

3. Bandwidth?

4. Any specific location?

5. Budget?

Read the comment above bro.

• @Pwner said:
    He already purchased the hardware, now he's looking for a place to colo it.

My experience of dealing with such people tells me he hasn't purchased it yet. Ask him to show anything to admins that proves he purchased it before I made the comment & I will shut up. But I am ready to bet on this with anyone that he hadn't by then & has not yet also.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Nekki close the thread . Thank you for suggestions chose QN Dallas.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Nekki close the thread . Thank you for suggestions chose QN Dallas.

Yes get it closed as you can't prove me wrong in what I claimed :)

• edited October 2014

@vpslegend said:
    Yes get it closed as you can't prove me wrong in what I claimed :)

Didnt read your comment , And yes the hardware hasnt been purchased yet. I was looking for a good location to colo before shipping it. The hardware is being purchased from DDS. Already had a deal fixed with them for 1550 a server , Including HP RC LSI + BBU they were generous enough to give rails along with them and also build the server with RC and test it before shipping.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Didnt read your comment , And yes the hardware hasnt been purchased yet. I was looking for a good location to colo before shipping it. The hardware is being purchased from DDS. Already had a deal fixed with them for 1550 a server , Including RC LSI + BBU they were generous enough to give rails along with them.

Best of luck with your project

• edited October 2014

@vpslegend said:
    Best of luck with your project

Well thank you. I actually got it covered up a customer had paid me advance for one of the servers for renting it. So I'm already recovering.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

You told me you had already purchased the servers...

EDIT: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/773941/#Comment_773941

You also said you have purchased them in public.

• Another clusterfuck from SZ1.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • SadySady Member
    edited October 2014

@trewq said:

We should be prepared for listening :

"This is the other one"

As far as i observed, he's just trying to get attention, nothing else.

• ColoHouse (Miami) has been great to me.

• Would you consider a UK provider?

• @StephenIzzy said:

As far as i observed, he's just trying to get attention, nothing else.

www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ProLiant-DL160-G6-1U-2x-XEON-HEX-CORE-X5650-2-66GHz-4x2TB-96GB-DDR3-/281300388591?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item417ecf4aef#payCntId

STFU with your attention thing ok ?

• edited October 2014

@trewq said:

I need 2 i have 1 alrdy. -_- its 1550 per server. So total 3 to be at bay before shipping

• @Jack said:
    4 Drives won't get you far FYI :-)

I know. They're just for renting out. Also was talking to a QN rep about taking SSD on rental basis, seems to be a very good DC to choose.