Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ is down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ is down?

2»

Comments

• zedzed Member

I couldn't even tell you which (if any) of my VPS providers do backups because irrelevant. Run your own backups and feel safe & secure.

(Sympathies to INIZ & customers, painful situation)

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • Still no update now from them.

• There was update.

We have made all attempts to the recover any data and have been unable to do so, fsck has recently been completed and the majority of the files have been dumped into lost+found which makes it near impossible to recover any data with the amount of files in the folder. As such we will be creating new VMs and emailing you within the next 24 hours, as this is a manual process please bare with us.

I got newly created VPS with different IP address.

• akzakz Member

guess its time to look for another nyc box.

• programerprogramer Member
    edited October 2014

Is Iniz's Netherland based VPS affected, should we move out immediately?

• Spirit said: I got newly created VPS with different IP address.

akz said: guess its time to look for another nyc box.

Thanks for the feedback and updates. I have already moved away.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2014

@programer said:
    Is Iniz's Netherland based VPS affected, should we move out immediately?

There are no issues in NL or LA or any other NYC location. All clients should be up in NYC now with a new box. If your new host offers backups or is someone who can predict when a RAID card may decide to just fall off with near no notice or logs then they would be better option.

Their was more to the email other than what @Spirit posted as well

We can do (and are doing) offsite backups in several locations for several clients where their data matters from 15mins, hourly to daily etc. This would be a matter for sales.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Patrick said: This would be a matter for sales.

And managed services, yes.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2014

@faulwurf said:
    Serious? If I'm buying a RAID 10 VPS I expect NO dataloss...Regarding to you, everyone should buy single HDD servers and backup 100GB productive websites every day or what? Maybe Hourly? Where? Traffic? But yes, it is easier to say it's the costumers fault...

I do hundreds of GB of backups every day. So - YES. As others pointed out: RAID is just another layer of security but does not equal or replace a proper backup. I have learned that the hard way years ago and do backups to at least (!) 2 remote locations every single day since then. Backups have to part of your hosting strategy, otherwise you do it wrong.

Thanked by 1alexh
  • @OnraHost said:
    Well to be fair it's a reported raid card failure. Happens all to often unfortunately :/

Fair point. But the timing couldn't be worse. I'm not leaving yet.