Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Browser Do you Use? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Browser Do you Use?

13»

Comments

• firefox (portable version, x-firefox)
    IE - just does not work most of the time,
    safari - on windows, it is discontinued, i think
    opera - do not see any advantage over firefox
    chrome - now this seems to be a favorite for many, pro, built-in debugger, but i cannot find a decent portable one (got one once, but cannot update), also buggy, try to write a web page where you change the image tag by javascript, even if i set src="", the old image is still showing, i guess chrome cached it and does not respect my javascript code. also i like a tool bar with menu on top. not easy to configure chrome.

• @Snoork_Hosting said:
    There is no Safari option ;)
    I use Safari and Chrome. Mac user here :)

Quote where is Safari? :)

• nothing can beat FF

• Firefox, what else!

• edited October 2014

Primarily, Chrome/Chromium... Followed by Firefox.

• @Mark_R said:
    I'm surprised with how many people actually use Chrome despite it being maintained by what originally started as a SEARCH ENGINE!! How do you trust them with your browse behavior lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they are transmitting more than just your browse requests.

I'll stick with Firefox.

Thanked by 2Mark_R geekalot
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2014

Yeah, Google is pretty famous for being data whores.

Mark_R said: I'll stick with Firefox.

Firefox connects to Google servers too by default, for "Safe browsing". I've no idea if any uniquely identifiable information is included, though it doesn't really require much for Google to join the dots.

Anyways, unless you're hugely judicious in blocking Google properties, FB, addthis, etc etc, there's always going to be lots of data leaking out any of the big name browsers.

• Primarily WebKit-derived ones (I am counting Chrome/-ium in this lot), but I do have Firefox around mostly to test out features/pages.

• @Mark_R said:
    I'm surprised with how many people actually use Chrome despite it being maintained by what originally started as a SEARCH ENGINE!! How do you trust them with your browse behavior lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they are transmitting more than just your browse requests.

I'll stick with Firefox.

I also use Firefox (the only open-source viable option) with a bunch of privacy related plugins. And I refuse to touch any google service.

Regarding your remark about trust, people have spoken loud and clear. They enjoy being ignorant. They don't care about privacy. They sell themselves for a free smiley, they think all the 'free' Google services are absolutely great, love facebook and think mass surveillance is absolutely fine since they don't do nothing wrong.

Just look at the length of the thread with google inbox invites, people are drooling to join.

But then again, since the dawn of time, intelligent people have always been a micro-minority. As much as many are wishful thinking, people are actually getting dumber and dumber as time goes by.

Thanked by 2Mark_R geekalot
  • This page isn't rendering correctly on my Netscape Navigator... :P

I use both Firefox and Chrome regularly.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @Rapta said:

Got a source for that image by any chance? Thanks.

• Just use a packet sniffer. It's all true.

The SEO community has long considered user interaction to be a ranking factor, and Google's large share of the browser market is a perfect way to tap into what users are looking for outside the search box.

Thanked by 2geekalot souen
  • I get very angry with Firefox and usually end up swearing my mouth off at it. lol

• @Rapta said:

Haha funny picture :), I guess Chrome is ''mostly'' okay but i am not surprised if they did or decide to put something to create some profit from it.

• @Rapta said:

Internet Explorer is pretty much the same except that instead of google servers it sends data to microsoft servers.

I use firefox mainly for these reasons and moreover chrome doesnt have any option to turn off automatic bug reporting the last time I checked unlike firefox.

• IE still doesn't fully conform to standards. The fact you still need javascript hacks to make some things work in IE is idiotic.

• GVH_Eric said: IE still doesn't fully conform to standards. The fact you still need javascript hacks to make some things work in IE is idiotic.

No browser fully conforms to standards - although, IE is still in the top 3 for best rendering engines. I've had to use a CSS hack on Chrome just yesterday and I currently have 4 CSS hacks for FF and 2 CSS hacks for IE on my blog right now.

• I use Chrome most of the time.