Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Browser Do you Use? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Browser Do you Use?

Comments

• Spencer said: jbiloh contacted the owner of VPSboard's Boss to try and get him fired from his actual job. https://vpsboard.com/topic/5397-let-down/page-12#entry78173

GIANT_CRAB said: they finally got it back in the latest stable release.

I may have to give it another go, then.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Safari and Chrome

• Firefox

• Chrome. Isn't opera just based off the chromium project now?

• akzakz Member

Firefox FTW

• mintmint Member
    edited October 2014

Firefox

• @jbiloh said:
    I used Opera 12 for a few years, but when they dropped support for it became pretty common for sites like CNN to be broken/laggy. Thus far I like the Opera 25 Chrome-wrapper.

Then why not just use Chrome/Chromium?

• emgemg Veteran

In general, I use the default browser on whichever operating system platform I am using at the time. On Windows, it is Internet Explorer; Mac, Safari; and Linux, it depends - Firefox, Iceweasel, whatever. I use several operating systems at any given time, so the question does not make much sense in my situation.

One point: I try to keep Flash off my systems. If I must connect to a website that requires Flash, I use the Google Chrome browser, which has Flash built-in. Chrome is good about automatically maintaining current security updates. Just to make it clear - I do not use Chrome normally; I reserve it for a few websites that require Flash.

For most websites that say, "You must install Flash to view this content" - I treat it as a prompt to close the browser window. Most of the time, not having Flash installed is a blessing. There is very little Flash content on the web that I must see. The only thing that comes to mind is the web interface for creating one-time-use credit card numbers at my bank.

• said: For awhile I've used Opera, and a few days ago I upgraded to Opera 25. Pretty good I have to admit.

Opera is based on Chromium.

But Chrome have better speed, less memory and CPU usage, more optimizations. Google hides some cool features from open-source community, because they don't want Chromium-based browsers be better than Chrome.

Chrome is the best choice.

• Firefox. On Debian, Chrome (Chromium) font rendering sucks.

• Opera on Windows, Safari on OS X.

• @0xdragon said:
    Moar Firefox pls

Firefox <3

• IE of course.

• trexos said: Firefox <3

Firefox === 1

• I feel like those who voted for Internet Explorer are just trolling.

• emgemg Veteran

@GreenHostBox said:
    I feel like those who voted for Internet Explorer are just trolling.

Not necessarily true. When I am on Windows computers, I use Internet Explorer. For one, I believe that Microsoft's own support websites work best with it. I didn't vote in the poll because I use many different browsers, usually whatever is the default for the OS platform, and I am often on several OSs at a time. If I were a Windows-only user, I might have voted for Internet Explorer. I note that the poll results for IE are very low.

• Firefox ftw

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

William said: IE of course.

2 years ago you would be pointed and laughed at. Today it's a reasonable choice.

• IE11 is actually half decent.

• I'm surprised with how many people actually use Chrome despite it being maintained by what originally started as a SEARCH ENGINE!! How do you trust them with your browse behavior lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they are transmitting more than just your browse requests.

I'll stick with Firefox.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • I can only use chrome because I have a chromebook :/

• Firefox. Dolphin on mobile, which I can warmly recommend.

• Mozilla Firefox mostly, and Maxthon on Android.

• I like chrome because it's beautiful.

I like firefox because it has huge useful extension library.

I like Opera because I feel comfortable while listening opera.

I like IE because it's faithful.

I cannot vote for any of them...

• I use Chrome as it is fast in compare to other.

• I was a Firefox convert from the first time I tried an early beta in late 2003. Loved it ever since, but in the last year or so it seems to take such a long time to open and load pages that other browsers open quickly. Seems like it's become a little too bloated. Shame.

• said: If I had to guess I'd say most the LEB community uses Chrome?

And unfortunately your guess turned out to be right.

I dont want to say it is a bad browser - by far not - but we nonetheless (slowly) move yet again towards a monocultural browser ecosystem (similar to the good old IE-days).

• Mostly Firefox and sometimes Chrome.

• Mark_R said: I'm surprised with how many people actually use Chrome despite it being maintained by what originally started as a SEARCH ENGINE!! How do you trust them with your browse behavior lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they are transmitting more than just your browse requests.

Chrome is faster for me. Especially on low-end PC's. I don't like to browse websites with speed of turtle. That's why i choose Chrome.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mozilla at recent versions, I've dropped mozilla at version 4 to Chrome, and came back to Mozilla at version 29, it's at 33 by now, mozilla matured a lot in these latest versions

Mozilla's menu bar is a lot more practical and it consumes a lot less RAM than Chrome