Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123systems are very bad. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123systems are very bad.

Comments

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Press release to come in a few days time as the new owner gets situated.

Ummm, they will be associated with you until such time as press release is made and actual change of ownership verified. You misled people for a long time by not announcing the purchase WHEN you originally purchased it.

• @princeshoko why did you sign up with them in the first place?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

CVPS_Chris said: @MattKC ChicagoVPS no longer owns 123Systems, so please stop associating it with us :)

Press release to come in a few days time as the new owner gets situated.

So who bought it then?

• Chris Fabozzi is in the whois, so there you have the identity of the drunk homeless... ;-)

• Another topic about 123systems, lol.

• @Amitz said:
    Chris Fabozzi is in the whois, so there you have the identity of the drunk homeless... ;-)

He told everyone that his sold 123systems.

Amitz said: Chris Fabozzi is in the whois

So whoever he sold it to does not give a shit or trusts him completely or both, so... inb4 123systems acquired by "green valley wave crossing host" announcement.

Thanked by 3ATHK Maounique Pwner
  • last email I got was Chris of Chicago VPS over the summer said he was the new owner. Sold it off so quickly? Not heard anything about that.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

MSPNick said: He told everyone that his sold 123systems.

That is accurate. VSNX, which is also ColoCrossing's parent has purchased it. We're going to invest heavily into fixing the problems at 123Systems and enabling the customers who have paid for service to receive what they expected.

An email is going out right now explaining in further details.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited November 2014

jbiloh said: That is accurate. VSNX, which is also ColoCrossing's parent has purchased it. We're going to invest heavily into fixing the problems at 123Systems and enabling the customers who have paid for service to receive what they expected.

Seems that you have to restructure a lot of things :) Care to share?

Edit: In a new thread of course.

Thanked by 1netomx

lol so Chris 'bought' a ton of new hardware, filed to migrate anyone, failed to put support in place then 'sold' it.

Calling BS on this one, but what will be will be.

Thanked by 2Darwin MannDude
  • Too much promiscuity for my taste

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

I don't get it, why buy 123systems, weren't they basically deadpooled?

• emgemg Veteran

@perennate said:
    I don't get it, why buy 123systems, weren't they basically deadpooled?

Brand name recognition? ;-)

Thanked by 1perennate

perennate said: I don't get it, why buy 123systems, weren't they basically deadpooled?

123 has thousands of customers. We were able to step in and make sure the customers get the services they purchased.

• MunMun Member
    edited November 2014

@jbiloh said:

soon.

For those interested, here is a copy of the email that was sent:

Velocity Servers Network Exchange (VSNX), a New York based datacenter operator, has acquired the assets of 123Systems effective November 1st, 2014. VSNX has been in business for ten years and brings with it a nationwide footprint of datacenters and expertise, which will be utilized to improve and reconfigure the 123Systems business.

123Systems will continue to operate independently, but will now be able to benefit from the financial security and resources of a much larger company. Since taking operational responsibility earlier this month we have implemented numerous improvements in infrastructure, support and customer service. We are confident that those enhancements will make a meaningful, positive, impact. We welcome the 123Systems customer base to the VSNX family and look forward to developing long term successful relationships.

We’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions to help clarify any questions you may have:

1. Will 123Systems continue to operate as a separate division of VSNX? Yes

2. Will I still be able to order services on the 123Systems website? Yes

3. In the past customer support has been slow, will that get better? Yes, in fact you should already be noticing an improvement.

4. I’ve had stability problems with my VPS from 123Systems, will that be fixed? Yes, as of this writing we have fixed all outstanding node problems. You should now experience far better stability.

5. In the past my VPS was slow. Will it get faster? Your service was likely slow due to “slabbing,” or the technique by which a single physical machine hosted numerous virtualized environments. We have eliminated the use of slabbing and as a result you should already be noticing improving speeds.

6. Will prices increase on current customers? We will honor all existing packages.

7. Will prices increase for new customers? There may be modest adjustments to our website packages as our goal is to provide a high quality service, not the least expensive one.

8. Should I cancel my PayPal subscriptions? No, the account which you pay will stay the same.

9. Where can I learn more about VSNX? Check our website at http://vsnx.net.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited November 2014

I got that email too a couple of minutes ago, and I also received the announcement on July 29th 2014 about the acquisition.

Unfortunately I have canceled the last one I got from 123Systems an annual Linux-4GB-SolusVM package that I cannot use even for hosting websites without MySQL, and the IP is blacklisted in several RBLs

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited November 2014

jbiloh said: Velocity Servers Network Exchange (VSNX), a New York based datacenter operator, has acquired the assets of 123Systems

jbiloh said: acquired the assets of 123Systems

jbiloh said: acquired

@jbiloh So basically you walked over to @CVPS_Chris's desk and said "I want 123Systems" and he said "you can have it, but only if you give me a Cherry Coke"?

• @jbiloh many users from here have abandoned 123sys (didnt renew services), due to the issues of the past. Will you honor same package if they are going to come back?

upfreak said: @jbiloh many users from here have abandoned 123sys (didnt renew services), due to the issues of the past. Will you honor same package if they are going to come back?

I don't blame you, it was a mess.

And yes we will honor it. Just open a ticket.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @jbiloh
    Will you stop using self-signed certificate on the solusvm control panel?

• @764664 said:
    jbiloh
    Will you stop using self-signed certificate on the solusvm control panel?

Nothing wrong with a self signed cert for things that aren't critical.. perfectly acceptable IMO..

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @jbiloh said:
    And yes we will honor it. Just open a ticket.

Just to confirm that, 123systems helped me resurrect a KVM plan I ordered last time ( 1GB KVm @10/yr). The ticket was answered by someone and he escalated to sales, converted some pending aff commision to credits, Updated the plan i want, and then got the VPS confirmation mail all within 48 hours.

upfreak said: Just to confirm that, 123systems helped me resurrect a KVM plan I ordered last time ( 1GB KVm @10/yr). The ticket was answered by someone and he escalated to sales, converted some pending aff commision to credits, Updated the plan i want, and then got the VPS confirmation mail all within 48 hours.

Cool glad to hear it. :)

• I resubmitted the ticket for my 2-month dead VPS last night and it was responded to within hours. The machine was rebuilt and then I rebuilt it again this morning. It's been operating fine since then.

• I have good experience with them for years .I did just login to find my vps was terminated for no payment . I was pretty sure it was made to pay automatically.

Does terminated mean they deny me access until I pay or did I loose all my DATA!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@IronRook said:
    Does terminated mean they deny me access until I pay or did I loose all my DATA!

• I use it several months and this is my opinion. 123systems is very very bad. Uptime 3/10. Support 3/10. Price 10/10.

• LeeLee Veteran

DrSpawn said: Price 10/10.

And now this post is back at the top this is all many people will see.