Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Many LEBs do you have? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How Many LEBs do you have?

Comments

• earlearl Member

@tux

I feel like I'm paying for too many of my VPS's.. so the OVH BHS is it only for one month? tried to sign up but servers are all gone for today

• tuxtux Member
    edited July 2012

@earl said: I feel like I'm paying for too many of my VPS's.. so the OVH BHS is it only for one month? tried to sign up but servers are all gone for today

It is free until August. After that all alpha server will closed permanently but you can continue your beta server after that with normal price (in Finland it is 61,50 €/month incl. VAT 23 %)

Thanked by 1earl
  • SurgeSurge Member

@Gallus said: Monitoring network x100

What monitoring network is that? Or is it a private one to monitor the three idle boxes? =)

• Ive not got as many as others :(

4X OnePoundWebHosting Monthly/Quartely (UK)
    1X Host1Free (Germany)
    1X R0UTE (Tehran,Iran)
    1X IPX Core VPS (America)
    1X Romania VPS
    1X SSDVPS (France).

• You are such a geek!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@DanielM said: You are such a geek!

Why u onn dis frm if u no geek??!?!?!?

• @Infinity said: Why u onn dis frm if u no geek??!?!?!?

eh?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I thought we're all geeks on this forum?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Why are u on this forum if you are not a geek ... maybe :D

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Jack said: No all the boxs are on there only got most of the BuyVM's yesterday so not had chance yet.

hahahah what do u actually do with em? lol

• @Infinity said: I thought we're all geeks on this forum?

nahhh.. not all of us.

• @Jack said: but the SJ one's are for DDoS filtering :)

Cloudflare not solve that?

Cloudflare can not really provide ddos protection, lets face it - 100mbps of UDP is next to nothing.

• @liam said: @danielm what is your iranian vps like?

quite fast haha :L

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Cloudflare can not really provide ddos protection, lets face it - 100mbps of UDP is next to nothing.

Doing a good job at protecting wikileaks though :P

• @DanielM said: nahhh.. not all of us.

And we thank you for carrying the conspiracy theory torch.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox

@DanielM said: Doing a good job at protecting wikileaks though :P

Might have worked on some custom solution for them. However in my experience (actually I haven't used them, so this is the experience of my friends) - it does not protect a website at all, 100mbps is next to nothing in UDP :P

• @Jack said: Well I guess they don't route traffic to the node directly for wikileaks...

It gets them publicly known so .. they are clearly gonna tank a few gbit for them..

Or they're using one of their non-free-or-cheap plans.

http://www.cloudflare.com/plans

According to 4chan, who I think is one of their larger 'clients'

We pay for CloudFlare too. While they offer free and $20 "Pro" plans for most of their customers, large businesses and enterprise customers are a different ballgame. It isn't cheap—far from it.

The CloudFlare Business plan seems good with 100% uptime guarantee and the advanced ddos protection. I opened a discussion about it a while ago, but it died out, without anyone actually commenting it.

• I've got...

1x VPS6.NET 512MB
    1x VPS6.NET 256MB

and soon another VPS6.NET 256MB

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited August 2012

3 buyvm 128mb - 2 of 3 in SJ
    1 IPX 32mb (postfix)
    1 FrontRange 128mb

Prob just will keep BuyVM Buffalo and IPX Buff (0.5 ms ping in same DC lol) as I'm only using them for spam filtering now and mostly idle.

1x ipxcore 32mb that has been logged on once to check the specs of the node
    2x buyvm - personal VPN and panel hosted on there. I might have a 3rd 256MB buyvm, but I am not sure about it.

However I am about to buy a bunch of LEBs in different locations to build dns cluster.

• @Alex_LiquidHost just curious ...why reinvent the wheel and create a dns cluster?

@bdtech said: just curious ...why reinvent the wheel and create a dns cluster?

Not sure what exactly you meant, however it is going to be used for DNS services provided free of charge for my customers.

• I have ~12 at the moment, planning to double that within the next 2 months.

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited August 2012

@Jack anyone really, grabbing my first BuyVM tonight with the public release. Gonna pick up a Secure Dragon at some point.

We're using them as uptime monitoring nodes, so I'm buying each node at a different provider for redundancy.

I normally just look at the offers, if there's something good that I don't already have I'll get one:

Current LEB's I have are:

EaseVPS
    ChicagoVPS
    RAMNode
    BlueVM
    Hostigation
    Prometeus
    NinjaHawk
    SSDVirt
    4 x Linodes (Not LEB's but I use them quite a bit, also use them to test distro issues with ServerBear)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Currently
    1 x ChicagoVPS (Enterprise)
    1 x BuyVM (512MB)
    1 x Virpus (extremely horrible performance) - waiting for credit to be used up. Would not recommend.

• Far... too ... many.

• Started with different hosts... now slowly cancelling VM's and planning to have only from hostigation, buyvm, and prometeus

Thanked by 1serverbear
  • @jcaleb said: Started with different hosts... now slowly cancelling VM's

More people in the world need to do this & someone needs to educate the general hosting public to do this before signing up to stupid 3 year plans. There is no better review than testing out some hosts yourself.

Thanked by 1jcaleb