Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nodisto's Departure from LowEnd - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nodisto's Departure from LowEnd

Comments

• If this is the type of behavior that's going on, it saddens me. I may not be the biggest consumer but, I stick with brands I can trust. If someone wants to win customers, try creating a quality service instead of attacking the competition's business.

Thanked by 2DalekOfSkaro ryanarp
  • @robinjoo1 said:
    maybe it's just an idea to get DDOS protection in future

Cheap French dedi + CloudFlare = bullet proof.

AMIRITE?

Thanked by 2Lee lbft
  • It's sad to see you go.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited October 2014

for god sake, why ***hole providers like gvh or sz1 don't get dos but good provider like @serverian is leaving like this.

• namhuy said: for god sake, why ***hole providers like gvh or sz1 don't get dos but good provider like @serverian is leaving like this.

One of them does get DDoSed regularly, the other does the DDoSing.

• it's behaviour from the morally bankrupt so there's not much to reason with.

all the best serverian.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Threads like this won't fix anything so if you're really leaving LET then just silently leave and don't post anything, it will piss off the attacker more when you don't acknowledge them. Instead you're giving them what they want by posting threads/posts like this so they can pass it around to their friends and take credit for pissing you off and making you do something you don't want to do.

• Wtf did I just read. Advertising the fact that you're no longer advertising here? Sad to see you leave but this just doesn't seem very logical to me.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Sad to see you leave, if what KuJoe says is true then perhaps the idiot orchestrating the DDoS reveals himself and can be taken care of by the proper authorities.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

KuJoe said: Threads like this won't fix anything

Sadly simply not advertising did not do enough for me, it also did not do enough for @serverian either as he pulled his last advert for this, it is almost as if the person doing this is waiting for people to say 'ok I give up' and then they stop.

• @serverian thats not the way , please let us help you find the culprit. We surely will be able to do something about it.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    it is almost as if the person doing this is waiting for people to say 'ok I give up' and then they stop.

Seems to be what happens.

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    serverian thats not the way , please let us help you find the culprit.

Not quite that easy.

@robinjoo1 said:
    maybe it's just an idea to get DDOS protection in future

Lol; decent DDoS protection is typically well outside LET pricing, it would also depend on exactly what type of DDoS is affecting him on if it would be worthwhile to do so.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Well they have been getting away with it for a few years now sadly....

One day karma will bite them in the ass.

• We constantly get attacks, no way other than living with it and adding protection.

wych said: One day karma will bite them in the ass.

One day I will feed them their own ass with a spoon.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Keep fighting the good fight.

• LeeLee Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    Keep fighting the good fight.

Knob.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    One day I will feed them their own ass with a spoon.

Can I join in?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • wych said: Can I join in?

Bring your own spoon.

• LeeLee Veteran

Someone out there knows who is doing this, I don’t think it’s just random people, it’s one person. Perhaps a little fighting fund payable on providing evidence of who is doing all this is in order. Money always draws people out.

Thanked by 1darkshire

W1V_Lee said: Someone out there knows who is doing this, I don’t think it’s just random people, it’s one person. Perhaps a little fighting fund payable on providing evidence of who is doing all this is in order. Money always draws people out.

Already publicly offered €1000 for this, no one came forward.

• LeeLee Veteran

I would happily double that to €2,000 for a result.

That said, being LET someone will start attacking everyone then shop themselves just to get the money.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Already publicly offered €1000 for this, no one came forward.

I would also add to this pot.

@W1V_Lee said:
    I would happily double that to €2,000 for a result.

That said, being LET someone will start attacking everyone then shop themselves just to get the money.

So many accusations would come in.

jbiloh said: Keep fighting the good fight.

What is that supposed to mean?

Thanked by 2wych darkshire

wych said: So many accusations would come in.

Well yeah, I think evidence/ logs/ something that ties to a timeline pre reward offer would be required :)

• AnthonySmith said: Well yeah, I think evidence/ logs/ something that ties to a timeline pre reward offer would be required :)

What are you guys going to do when you find out who it is?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

Depends who it is, could be a kid and appearing at their door to discuss the issue with their parents would be an option. If it's another provider, well I am sure you can see what would happen there.

There is a solution in all scenarios.

• @Corey said:

• XyresXyres Member
    edited October 2014

This was a joke.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • @Xyres said:
    Hello,

We have recieved €1300 in BTC some moments ago, furthermore we will not release who paid us for the security of that persons. The attacker(s) behind serverian is Francisco from the Frantech team, base on franciscos (we call him "DELTA") refferal, another hosting provide also hired us for a job early in the year as attack against an australian web hosting company ("UBER") he joined our irc network under uid nicholas, we belive this person is "NICK" from let community.

kind regards,
    Xyres

Wut.

This discussion has been closed.