Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nodisto's Departure from LowEnd
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nodisto's Departure from LowEnd

I've never seen this much hate in my life.

Everything started a few weeks ago when we posted our birthday special offer. Our website got attacked. Then it suddenly went away.

Then after 2 weeks, I've posted an extension of that offer and we started to get attacked again. On the nodes and on the website. The offer is withdrawn and then the attacks stopped.

Recently the top provider's poll has started. Attacks came back in greater numbers and greater affects.

Every time something positive posted about us on this website, we get attacked.

The attacks are persistent and I'm really tired of getting a call to wake up after going to bed for 1-2 hours ago.

To sum up, someone doesn't want us to be here. And I don't want my customers to suffer from downtime due to we being here getting somewhat "advertised".

I'm not a young person anymore and getting my heart pumping rate going way up with my blood pressure is not really helping it.

Therefore, we are departing from Low End community. I'm logging off for good. VPSDime, Backupsy, Winity and Virtora are not going to be advertised or represented here anymore.

I've enjoyed you guys' company a lot and had lots of laughs here and made a lot of friends. It's saddening for us to be forced to leave. But I've really had enough.

I hope one day my enemy/enemies would understand that hurting people is not the solution to their problems. Till then... Goodbye.

Hope you guys understand. Love you all.

All the best.

Oktay

Comments

• No man, don't let them win. You provide a great service and although i've only used one of your brands I've never had a days problem with it. Your service has always been fast, efficient and on the ball.

Don't let some idiot get the better of you.

Thanked by 1tigerpaws
  • D:

Thanked by 1tigerpaws
  • wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

Sorry to see you go Oktay, its a shame a few rotten apples are ruining things around here.

You and a few other members are one of the reasons I was/am around here so much.

Thanked by 2tigerpaws Mark_R
  • LeeLee Veteran

Never realised that kind of thing was still going on, thought all the attention grabbing was still someone who did not like UK offers.

Sad, but then there is still an element in and around this community that lives off this kind of crap.

Sorry to see you go.

• :(

Thanked by 1tigerpaws
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2014

Please don't give up Oktay, haters will always be haters, don't let them beat you. I think these DDoS attack are not just against you, they are against anyone who posts a good highly competitive offer here. We were also hit with a DDoS the first time we posted our Raspberry Pi offer here, but they stopped relatively soon and didn't repeat it, probably because the Raspberry Pis are not really competing with anything.

Thanked by 2VPNsh kornnflake
  • That sucks. Big Time. But I understand you. That's not worth it!

Thanked by 1tigerpaws
  • It's sad to read this :-s

Thanked by 1tigerpaws
  • But where do we find your high end offer ?

Thanked by 1tigerpaws
  • Oh man... That stinks. I didn't know Winity and Backupsy where both yours... IMO, your departure is a loss to the LE Community.

Sorry to see you go. Good luck with whatever you will be doing next, Oktay.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I did this a few weeks ago as well, cancelled BSA ads, cancelled LEB pending offers, removed sig, changed avatar.

It was getting to be a complete joke, if it was not a DDOS attack it was a serious service abuser, so much disruption to me and clients its just not worth it anymore.

I have even gone as far as asking a few people who loyally vote for LES/Inception in the poll not to.

@serverian you might want to just do the same the attacks stopped but you can still stick your nose in as I do :) I think I uniquely understand the situation you are in, and I agree it is just not worth it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited October 2014

Edited by Nekki: comment removed at posters request.

• To attackers: what you do would comes back to you.

hiphiphip0 said: To attackers: what you do would comes back to you.

Well they have been getting away with it for a few years now sadly....

• @serverian, unfortunately, it seems LET/LEB has become a C'est Pit for DDoS'ers, script kiddies, and other attackers. (Notice how many people who could have sigs to advertise their services, but don't?)

Anyway, sorry to see you go as I have appreciated your feedback on various topics.

Cheers

• This is really sad news. @serverian is one of the great grown-up role models for reliable hosts, who also have concrete business fundamentals as well.

@serverian : Your niche offerings like Backupsy, Winity are unique in this price segment and unlikely to be the target of UDP 'hate'. I suspect being a solid OpenVZ vendor under 'VPSDIME' label is what really gets these keyboard DDOS commandos all upset.

I highly doubt the Low-end market is a zero-sum game. Competition is always good.

Thanked by 2natestamm darkshire
  • Sorry to see you go. All the best for future.

• mikeyur said: DDOS

NO, have already seen 502 in the site :(

• 502 Bad Gateway

For fucks sake, he is leaving, why are you still chasing him.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • NoermanNoerman Member
    edited October 2014

SAD SAD SAD

Love for @serverian brands

• @serverian -- If you're reading this, check your inbox will ya?

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited October 2014

@serverian

Don't you know, that there was some times that I believe if someone get DDOS-ed, you are the only survivor. Since you are so talented with all your brands, and able to provide low end offer for such high services.  So I believe you have all the skills, softwares, hardwares and protection. But I guess I was wrong. Good luck and we surely will miss you.

• Noerman said: Since you are so talented with all your brands, and able to provide low end offer for such high services. So I believe you have all the skills, softwares, hardwares and protection. But I guess I was wrong. Good luck and we surely will miss you.

He has the skill alright. But as he mentioned, he's tired of being woken up every time this happened to handle it... He basically got tired of spending valuable time mitigating attacks from certain groups of people instead of focusing on his business.

• This does'nt make any sense. If someone hates you, they are gonna hate your forever. You may get attacked even if you leave this community. I have'nt tried out your services but you should'nt give up so easily and let these jerks win. Why not just collect the logs and report them to the providers.

• I hope this is not going to be your excuse to leave from hosting industry and leaving people who trust your brands stranded with no good alternative. Anyway, best wishes for you in the future.

• LeeLee Veteran

@varwww said:
    This does'nt make any sense. If someone hates you, they are gonna hate your forever. You may get attacked even if you leave this community. I have'nt tried out your services but you should'nt give up so easily and let these jerks win. Why not just collect the logs and report them to the providers.

This is the whole point though, it is only connected to LET, when people stop advertising here the attcks stop.

creep said: I hope this is not going to be your excuse to leave from hosting industry and leaving people who trust your brands stranded with no good alternative.

That is a bit insulting, also you know where to find him if you want service so that really makes no sense.

Thanked by 3Lee geekalot vimalware
  • maybe it's just an idea to get DDOS protection in future

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2014

robinjoo1 said: maybe it's just an idea to get DDOS protection in future

that's not gonna help if its constant. plus ddos protection don't come cheap!

• LeeLee Veteran

@robinjoo1 said:
    maybe it's just an idea to get DDOS protection in future

Just..... Sigh.....

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith FrankZ
This discussion has been closed.