Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bit of NanoVZ Market Research - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bit of NanoVZ Market Research

2»

Comments

• I guess any location in the US with decent Xfer will be popular .

• The map though!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2014

AnthonySmith said: Ignore everything in here, to date the most talked about and asked about location by FAR was Japan... in the end result Japan is the least popular location.

I was so excited reading about your expansion to Japan. And then it came with ARIN IP. Not good even for my IRCnet activity as I would be able to use only distant less stable US IRCnet servers connectivity instead of local Japanese to connect to my favourite network.
    I can imagine that some people VPN needs aren't much different. With VPN recognized IP location actually matters so if they want VPN with Japanese IP you VPS sadly isn't option.

Plus picking more and more popular Vultr to host LES doesn't really help. Many already have VPS directly with them. Or spin up instance if needed.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I had no will power, had to click the banana option.. :(

Ignore everything in here, to date the most talked about and asked about location by FAR was Japan... in the end result Japan is the least popular location.

The least talked about was Dallas, which is by FAR the most popular location, go for hubs not niches :)

I was looking at your japan specs. If it is 200gb bandwidth I think it's going to be quite popular and I don't mind grabbing one.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Spirit said: Plus picking more and more popular Vultr to host LES doesn't really help. Many already have VPS directly with them. Or spin up instance if needed.

Sure, I understand this but it is at a fraction of the cost. the IP thing, year that was a curve ball, sadly I picked up on it after the fact.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

creep said: I was looking at your japan specs. If it is 200gb bandwidth I think it's going to be quite popular and I don't mind grabbing one.

it is not 200gb :)

• I really would like to do something in Singapore @jonbyrne - Problem with that is that prices are generally around $150/m for a server of Half Decent Specs.. which makes it totally not viable for this service.

But i am looking at other options to see what i can do :)

Thanked by 1jonbyrne
  • Thanks @AutoSnipe I will watch this space, quite like the look of some of your locations, so may get one of the bundles.

@AnthonySmith has a point though, the idea of many niche locations would be exciting for many but the talk would probably not be backed up by orders. However have got one of LES Japan VPSs.

• @jonbyrne - well i am contacting a few companies in regions i think could be of use.
    problem with Singapore, it would have to be Nested if anything as Hardware is quite expensive there.

but Currently i'm looking at a Lowend Storage Solution which may do a bit of damage around the place.. (strictly for storage uses only..)

• Storage is not really my thing, but I am sure there will be people out there who will find it useful. Just ordered one of the LA Specials :-)