Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Hosted Email solution - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Hosted Email solution

2»

Comments

• We had tried for couple of month and have one domain now too, its working fine, clean and neat interface, good service

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@agoldenberg said:
    jar does mxroute support IMAP idle or activesync?

We do. Well the active sync is actually z-push so it feels like a long term beta test, but I'm committed to it and try not to make excuses for it.

@linuxthefish said:
    How come mxroute does not allow forwarding to gmail? Looks like a nice option for personal email, but I forward my personal email to my work account from google apps...

I recommend altering that habit. You basically ruin your own reputation with them over it, and it can get worse without notice. See this: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/757319

• last_wizard4 said: Google Apps. I know there's a way to get a single user account using the app engine.

Yep only a single account.

• @TheKiller said:
    Yep only a single account.

@mehargags said:

I use it for my personal site. Of course it's my name and I only need a single account. But a single account doesn't mean that it does not give you multiple aliases. ;)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@jar is it true you can only have 1 account on Z-Push? I've never tried it but after some googling that's what I've read.

@agoldenberg said:
    jar is it true you can only have 1 account on Z-Push? I've never tried it but after some googling that's what I've read.

One per device. Supposedly it is capable of multiple in theory, but I've not witnessed it working.

• @jar Just connected with my iOS Device, the default mail client works great

• 5/5 for you!
    Thanked by 1jar

@jar awesome! Will likely be ordering soon. On the yearly packages is the allotted space per account or total across all accounts?

• @Jar: what do you do for spam filtering?

@sleddog I believe he said they use spam assassin

@agoldenberg said:
    jar awesome! Will likely be ordering soon. On the yearly packages is the allotted space per account or total across all accounts?

Total disk usage across the whole account, basically similar to a cPanel account in that way.

@sleddog said:
    Jar: what do you do for spam filtering?

SpamCop, SpamAssassin, and SaneSecurity ClamAV definitions. I'm not sure that I'm 100% satisfied yet, but it has been pretty tough on spam without much in the way of false positive risk.

• Jar said: One per device. Supposedly it is capable of multiple in theory, but I've not witnessed it working.

I might be missing something here.

I use Z-push with Zarafa as the backend. I've been able to use multiple accounts on one device (the same account multiple times and multiple different accounts on the same device) and multiple devices one account.

@Silvenga said:
    I use Z-push with Zarafa as the backend. I've been able to use multiple accounts on one device (the same account multiple times and multiple different accounts on the same device) and multiple devices one account.

Hmm. Perhaps the problem is in the IMAP backend? Thanks for sharing that, gives me a better idea about a possible origin of the problem. I've not tried it with Zarafa before.

• AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited October 2014

What exactly does MXRoute offer that something like Zoho or one of the others doesn't, @Jar?

I'm looking to move some custom domains to a single provider.

@Amplificator said:
    What exactly does MXRoute offer that something like Zoho or one of the others doesn't, Jar?

I'm looking to move some custom domains to a single provider.

Nothing fancy. Just good working email at a price point that is hard to match for pure email hosting from someone you trust, run by someone who cares about his clients and security. ;)

• @jar good answer you just won another customer!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Who can say no to "nothing fancy"? I'm a sucker for mediocre :)

You have a "Pending" customer from Denmark, @Jar :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • ben78 said: switsys said: Europe: inbox.eu
    Sound quite interesting. Did you try'em?
    Anyone has some feedback?
    Thanks

Seems to be owned by inbox.lv which seems to be owned by SIA Inbokss (Matrožu iela 15, Rīga, LV) - Founded 2001) which is one of the larger IT companies in Latvia.

Actual mails seem to be hosted for inbox.lv in Latvia (AS47204, their own) and for inbox.lt/inbox.eu with DEAC ( http://deac.lv/?l=4 )

• We offer zimbra based mail services for Individuals and business.
    check www.centerrack.com

• We only use Gmail

• I must recommend again for Yandex, register an account & add domains in Russion(yeah you can go with google translate easily in chrome), then you can add 50 domains with 1000 mail accounts for each, totally free.
    the mail panel is English. and you also have mail support with English!

• Google apps (free edition) is imho cheapest solution as it require only yearly domain renewal.

• Rockster said: Google apps (free edition) is imho cheapest solution as it require only yearly domain renewal.

Says the guy flogging G-apps domains in his sig :-/

Thanked by 2jureve Mark_R
  • @last_wizard4 said:
    Google Apps. I know there's a way to get a single user account using the app engine.

Mind if you PM me how?

• @Lixxx235 said:
    Mind if you PM me how?

Just search "google apps via app engine". But it's only a single-user account. Perfect for personal websites.