Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Website Design! Need Opinions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Website Design! Need Opinions

2»

Comments

• As others said To Slow to Load.....

• As soon as I see a loader on a website, it makes me want to go away, also it's a mess in Safari

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

It scrolls way too much on a mac

• Looks nice and professional, good job.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited October 2014

18 secs? GG Customers!

You might want to trim down the slider's image sizes. It's humungousaur!

• I already said it was a template.

• Looks like I need to focus on minimizing the amount of load the new design takes.

• @GreenHostBox said:
    Looks like I need to focus on minimizing the amount of load the new design takes.

That is a very good idea... It took me about 2 minutes to see the site on a 4mbps line and took 55 seconds on a 12mbps 3G connection..

But on the other hand, the site is very good.. Compared to your previous one ..

• @GreenHostBox said:
    Looks like I need to focus on minimizing the amount of load the new design takes.

I can help you with that just a few tweaks with the js

• At least on a mac, there's some js that hijacks the scroll causing it to scroll too much. Very annoying.

• Not keen on the way the nav bar needs you to go services --> Virtual Private Servers --> OpenVZ especially when you only have OpenVZ listed, it just seems like a bit of a waste of a click for me!

• @SNetworks1 said:
    Not keen on the way the nav bar needs you to go services --> Virtual Private Servers --> OpenVZ especially when you only have OpenVZ listed, it just seems like a bit of a waste of a click for me!

We have it that way so we can add more to the list if we were to provide KVM, XEN, etc.

• @Hsunami @Fliphost @aus How is the scrolling now guys? I disabled smooth scrolling. You may have to clear your cache.

• Both sites lack lots of things. Too tired to actually analyze it.

• @ztec said:
    Both sites lack lots of things. Too tired to actually analyze it.

It's still work in progress.

• said: How does it compare to our current design

Much better. Your current site only returns 404s at the moment :)

• Why everybody want to be green? like greenvaluehost.. just a bit different , the names novadays. Or not?

• @GreenHostBox said:
    We have it that way so we can add more to the list if we were to provide KVM, XEN, etc.

How about changing it like that nearer the time like when you plan to offer them? I understand the future proofing of it, but you are going to have to edit each page (or something anyway) to add the new pages... This way you dont get people like me that hate extra clicking :P

• ausaus Member

@GreenHostBox said:
    Hsunami Fliphost aus How is the scrolling now guys? I disabled smooth scrolling. You may have to clear your cache.

It's better now, but still has a bit 'drag'.

• Closed, as requested.

This discussion has been closed.