Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Website Design! Need Opinions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Website Design! Need Opinions

GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
edited October 2014 in General

I just finished our new website design which can be found at http://greenhostbox.com/testwebsite/

If you can comment about your opinions on the new design, it would be great!

1. Do you guys like the new design?
  2. How does it compare to our current design ( which can be found at http://greenhostbox.com/ ) ?
  3. Anything I can change or improve on?

Comments

• vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited October 2014

Website running a little slow, but loaded for me.

It's neat, but please no money background pls.

Thanked by 1GreenHostBox
  • udkudk Member

Waited a couple minutes for it to load and then gave up

• @vladka24 said:
    Website running a little slow, but loaded for me.

It's neat, but please no money background pls.

Thanks for your advice. I will look for other background alternatives.

@udk said:
    Waited a couple minutes for it to load and then gave up

Try now. The OVH network has been a little iffy lately.

• The New design is far better than the current one and very attractive + responsive. It did take longer for it to load in my side.

Thanked by 1GreenHostBox
  • Website is smooth, thanks to CSS ;)

vladka24 said: It's neat, but please no money background pls.

+1 :o :D

You can add some more effects on click, maybe slightly further color darkening (on click) after hover effect. If it does not make it look any bad...

Thanked by 1GreenHostBox
  • MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited October 2014

Looks like your is slideshow (at top) is touch responsive, expecting...

Edit: Check PM. :)

• I actually like it. I do however agree with the rest of the guys here when it comes to the money background. Also your logo is rather blurry on high-res screen (Retina MBP for example).

• Is this a template?

• @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Is this a template?

Yes it's a template.

• This is how i see your site:

Not so nice in this time.

• @ZEROF said:
    This is how i see your site:

Not so nice in this time.

That is weird. Are you on a mobile/tablet device?

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited October 2014

I know that this is your old design, but ..New design is ok. I tested from my home pc. You did play to much with your toys :). Hope that you have backups.

• @GreenHostBox said:
    That is weird. Are you on a mobile/tablet device?

It looks same here as well.

• It should be fixed now.

• +1 It should be fixed now. ;)

• yep! it is all right now.. :)

• Such a coincidence, I too just finished a new design heh.

• @vladka24 That's cool :)

Thanks all for taking your time to give your opinions. I'm currently making a list of what to change. Any more suggestions are welcome

• @vladka24 and @greenhostbox you are from same company and you don't know when other co-worker do something? Sorry if i'm wrong.

vladka24 said: https://vladr.co.uk/ (GreenHostBox) (HostUS) https://vladlabs.io/ (Private Network)

• vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited October 2014

I don't work for GreenHostBox I put hosts name in brackets of who's hosting what.

My website is hosted by GHB and DB is by HostUS

@ZEROF said:
    vladka24 and greenhostbox you are from same company and you don't know when other co-worker do something? Sorry if i'm wrong.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited October 2014

:)

• Nice , looks cool

• ausaus Member

@GreenHostBox

Had a terrible scrolling experience (Mac has smooth scrolling enabled by default, now you just added some more...)

• Its a nice design...

You should check some things carefully though since you decided to go with green.

You are using different types of green across your website.

For example you have #16A085 as the main green that can be seen all over the site and then in the sliders you use something different. Also you have 3-4 variations of green in your logo.

Ok maybe the logo is acceptable but I think the difference between the main green color of the site and the one in the slider is huge!

You are using a template that was made with Flatuicolors in mind and using a green that you can use without even hex.

That is just my opinion though.
    Other than that the template was already good to go.

• @TH_George said:
    Its a nice design...

You should check some things carefully though since you decided to go with green.

You are using different types of green across your website.

For example you have #16A085 as the main green that can be seen all over the site and then in the sliders you use something different. Also you have 3-4 variations of green in your logo.

Ok maybe the logo is acceptable but I think the difference between the main green color of the site and the one in the slider is huge!

You are using a template that was made with Flatuicolors in mind and using a green that you can use without even hex.

That is just my opinion though.
    Other than that the template was already good to go.

I totally agree. What do you think of the color scheme now?

• As soon as i visited the site i noticed the money, doesn't give a good impression so needs to be changed :)

• @zafouhar said:
    As soon as i visited the site i noticed the money, doesn't give a good impression so needs to be changed :)

Yup I just changed it to something new. Is it better now?

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited October 2014

Our new design is also mobile friendly so check that out too. There are some things that are broken in the mobile version so I will fix it soon

• You guys getting slammed?

Google Chrome could not load the web page because greenhostbox.com took too long to respond.

• Website design is good.But extra animation effect is making website page to load a little bit slow compared to other websites.You should try to take care of it.

This discussion has been closed.