Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can you do offline on a PC? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What can you do offline on a PC?

2»

Comments

• sleep

• Think about nature- the birds,flowers and fap.

• Learn from books. Develop locally and make sure you got the docs cached for offline use.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    Play Red Alert 2!

Fantastic game! Did you ever manage to get the direct dial multiplayer to work? I never could manage it...

• raindog308 said: Even if you have no Internet, I bet if you put up a wifi with an SSID of "Budget Inflight Wifi" and served web pages that said "please enter your credit card for 99 cent wifi for the duration of this flight" you'd get plenty of takers.

That's a good idea. I'm thinking about buying those wifi passes on flights and having others pay me to use it. I wonder if they could stop me...

• raindog308 said: Most planes have Wifi these days (e.g., Go-Go inflight wifi). Easier than hacking into them would be to setup an open wifi that harvests passwords. Even if you have no Internet, I bet if you put up a wifi with an SSID of "Budget Inflight Wifi" and served web pages that said "please enter your credit card for 99 cent wifi for the duration of this flight" you'd get plenty of takers.

Nice idea. I used to open up my mobile WiFi hotspot free for all, but actually nobody used it. Well you do have internet in trains sometimes, but that doesn't really work reliably. You are lucky if Thunderbird gets some of your mails, but it is not usable for my beloved SSH connections at all :(

• BrianHarrison said: Fantastic game! Did you ever manage to get the direct dial multiplayer to work? I never could manage it...

I can't remember what I ate last weekend, I don't think I remember a game I haven't played in 14 years :D