Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We have a Free alternative to Google Apps! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We have a Free alternative to Google Apps!

13»

Comments

• If anyone has an invite for me, please drop me a PM

• @k0nsl said:
    You contact e-mail does not work:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain startup.ly by aspmx.l.google.com. [2a00:1450:4010:c07::1b].

The contact email on our website is [email protected]

Please let us know if you face any issues while sending email.

• @praveen said:
    What about data security, backup , privacy etc etc..
    Any way Good Initiative.. good luck!

We have our own DC so would be taking care of all of those factors :)

• @ZEROF said:
    It's this kind of joke, you even don't have user policy. And information about your company and where user can find you etc.. Info provided on your site are not clear.

Where is this? Street name?

71 DSIDC, Okhla Phase-1, New Delhi-110020

I know India etc.. but google maps couldn't find you.

HI,

Please find the details below:

House No: 71
    Street: DSIDC
    City: New Delhi
    UT: Delhi
    Pincode: 110020

The user policy, T&Cs are on the signup page. Thank you for reporting, would be posting on the home page shortly.

• @TheKiller said:
    You don't have alternative to (whole) Google Apps, but may have an alternative to Google Mail.

Initially yes but we would be extending to other features. We have API under development which would help developers use it the way they want :)

• @Brad said:
    The request confirmation email was sent to spam...not a healthy first impression.

Taken a note of it, would get this resolved within next 36 hours. :)

• @bigcat said:
    This is because you don't have any portfolio as far as I know.

You can check here:

http://in.linkedin.com/in/madanmohit

• @yywudi said:
    oh, from India?

Yes, we are based in New Delhi, India.

• @fitvpn said:
    Why not simply buy domain for cheap price than create mailbox under own domain under own control. No need invitations and waiting. Why business need trust unknown company who wants host their mail?

Speed, backup, downtime, mobile apps.

• xDragonZxDragonZ Member
    edited October 2014

@cloudbells said:
    Speed, backup, downtime, mobile apps.

For mobile app, I rather use build in email client on mobile device or email client from the app store. More features and stable.

• @xDragonZ said:
    For mobile app, I rather use build in email client on mobile device or email client from the app store. More features and stable.

Better UI, Backup, unlimited domains, unlimited mailbox with 15 GB bandwidth, better UX, free.

• netrixnetrix Member
    edited October 2014

anyone have invite code?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So:

(1) it's really not an alternative to Google Apps - it's just a free email account with a web front end

(2) You've never heard of SPF/Domain Keys or at least you don't know how to use them, which does not inspire confidence.

(3) Your front page is full of mangled Google Translate English like "Designed by KOONK, the UI will make you fall in love with itself in no time. "

(4) "Powered by SSL and secured by experts with multiple bit encryption." So is that 3-bit or 4-bit SSL?

(5) And you want $25,000 to make all of this possible. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/unlimited-professional-emails-for-your-business

I imagine you'll be displacing Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, and Hotmail as the leading email providers any day now. Bravo.

• @raindog308 said:
    So:

(1) it's really not an alternative to Google Apps - it's just a free email account with a web front end

(2) You've never heard of SPF/Domain Keys or at least you don't know how to use them, which does not inspire confidence.

(3) Your front page is full of mangled Google Translate English like "Designed by KOONK, the UI will make you fall in love with itself in no time. "

(4) "Powered by SSL and secured by experts with multiple bit encryption." So is that 3-bit or 4-bit SSL?

(5) And you want $25,000 to make all of this possible. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/unlimited-professional-emails-for-your-business

I imagine you'll be displacing Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, and Hotmail as the leading email providers any day now. Bravo.

Thank you for your amazing feedback.

1. It is an ability to create unlimited emails and add unlimited domains with 15 GB storage.

2. Working on it. Moved the front end to a different server hence not configured. The backend has Domain keys, spf, adsp, dmarc configured.

3. Thank you for reporting this. Would get this resolved.

4. Again, moved server hence the issue. Should be resolved in next 24 hours.

5. Yes, we can make this possible.

Google, Hotmail(Outlook), Yahoo are not our competitors. We intend to create something that everyone can use. Something simple. Something that doesnt burn a hole in their pocket.

I appreciate your feedback. If there are any feature requests, comments, bug reporting or suggestions they are most welcomed.

Thanks & Regards

• Should I trust my emails to some site that prefers private WHOIS registration?

• @proteus said:
    Should I trust my emails to some site that prefers private WHOIS registration?

Any harm with that?

• @cloudbells businesses that offer products generally don't hide their whois details.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2014

@wych said:
    cloudbells businesses that offer products generally don't hide their whois details.

Until a kid starts playing dangerous pranks on the owner's family. Then...well check my whois ;)

• This company also seems to own emailocean.com which turns quite a chunk of email as per http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/org/?search_string=Email Ocean ( yes, they are in the top 100 spam senders list as well.. ) Many of the IP's have Good reputation though... I dont have an invite yet, so I havent checked them out personally..

• Can you clarify how you will be monitizing via ads? Are you going to inject them into outgoing traffic, meta search each email to generate relevant ads based on content of email, etc? Just trying to understand how this is beneficial when most of us have our own servers with plenty of storage, infinite domain options and clean ip's.

• @Jar said:
    Until a kid starts playing dangerous pranks on the owner's family. Then...well check my whois ;)

Fair point, but I wouldn't typically say that happens often.

• In my humble opinion; if you're offering this for free, then maybe you should Github the source so companies as well as individuals can use it on their own hardware if they wish.

Thanked by 1julfo
  • julfojulfo Member
    edited October 2014

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    In my humble opinion; if you're offering this for free, then maybe you should Github the source so companies as well as individuals can use it on their own hardware if they wish.

That would be fantastic, since I'm searching for a way to do this (always relied on outlook custom domains so far, now they've stopped that I need an alternative). Got a few spare servers with clean ips but don't want to misconfigure something and end up on a blacklist :O