Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Hosting - Unlimited or Multiple Users (Low GB Storage)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Hosting - Unlimited or Multiple Users (Low GB Storage)

Hello,

I need the following:

Email Hosting
Unlimited or more than 50~ Users
1GB Storage (if more that would be great)
SMTP Server
On the cheap.

Side note, I don't know why Shared Hosting is cheaper and you get the same thing, but more e.g $5 yearly unlimited users, smtp, 10GB SSD storage, multiple domains etc.

If anyone could recommend or hook me up with a server like this, I'd be thankful (looking to pay yearly).

Comments

• Go with mxroute.com :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Acacy said:
    Go with mxroute.com :)

A bit high of a price, looking if anyone could beat their $15 annual deal :P.

• Go with BuyVM/Buyshared? It's shared hosting but it works! xD

• @joodle said:
    Go with BuyVM/Buyshared? It's shared hosting but it works! xD

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something like 'mxroute', if I were to get shared hosting I'd prefer a dedicated IP.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2014

Most shared hosting with a dedicated IP is still configured to send from the servers primary. On a cpanel server you also have the annoying problem that the server announces itself as the hostname, then fails a fcRDNS check when going back to your IP, even if they do set it to send from your dedicated IP and you get them to set the PTR to match the server hostname.

In short, you can get shared hosting for cheaper but you will not get the attention to detail on the little things that make the email land in the inboxes at Gmail :)

• @Jar said:
    Most shared hosting with a dedicated IP is still configured to send from the servers primary. On a cpanel server you also have the annoying problem that the server announces itself as the hostname but then fails a fcRDNS check when going back to your IP if they do set it to send from your dedicated IP and you get them to set the PTR to match the server hostname.

In short, you can get shared hosting for cheaper but you will not get the attention to detail on the little things that make the email land in the inboxes at Gmail :)

I like your services, I've seen the pricing but $15 is a bit pricey for the yearly (as I'm using my budget to launch my serveR), I mean if you could do it for $10 (not recurring discount), I'd be happy to sign up.

• MarioKarT said: if I were to get shared hosting I'd prefer a dedicated IP.

You will get a dedicated IP with all BuyVM shared packages... even their $5 yearly ones.

• @joodle said:
    You will get a dedicated IP with all BuyVM shared packages... even their $5 yearly ones.

Do they offer the following

Unlimited Users?
    mx servers?
    smtp?

• MarioKarT said: Unlimited Users? mx servers? smtp?

Well.. Not really unlimited but 9999 :P

SMTP works fine, emails go straight into Gmail and Outlook.

• @joodle said:
    SMTP works fine, emails go straight into Gmail and Outlook.

Could you link me, I'm trying to find it, what about mx servers, smtp etc.

• @MarioKarT said:
    Could you link me, I'm trying to find it, what about mx servers, smtp etc.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1415885

• @MarioKarT said:
    Do they have mx servers? etc.

You can set those yourself in your domain's DNS you know..

• @joodle said:

Yeah, I know. Oh so you just just the mx to the server IP? and is that it or is there more?

• @MarioKarT said:
    Yeah, I know. Oh so you just just the mx to the server IP? and is that it or is there more?

Yep, mx to for example mail.yourdomain.com etc

• @joodle said:
    Yep, mx to for example mail.yourdomain.com etc

Thanks for the recommendation :D, really neat since they have BlackLotus DDos Protection.

• Just purchased the server, waiting on setup.

• @MarioKarT said:
    Just purchased the server, waiting on setup.

It's not a server, it's shared hosting :)

• @0xdragon said:
    It's not a server, it's shared hosting :)

Well sir, thank you for telling me, I never knew it was shared. I must consult my donkeys about this.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @MarioKarT said:
    Well sir, thank you for telling me, I never knew it was shared. I must consult my donkeys about this.

This made me chuckle.

@0xdragon :P

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @MarioKarT said:

I'm teasing :P

• Buy an google apps domain. You just need to pay one-time-fee to buy it, and renewal fee of .com domain is not expensive.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • RizRiz Member

Buyvms service is great but I ran into problems like stated above regarding the email. It was still pulling the info for the main server and hitting lists. I would go for MXroute or Google apps for the email.

• @Riz said:
    Buyvms service is great but I ran into problems like stated above regarding the email. It was still pulling the info for the main server and hitting lists. I would go for MXroute or Google apps for the email.

Well sorry to say this in my eyes, you're missing out. It's literally soo easy and you have that 24/7 support which is way better than what mxroute can provide (not that you need it, but if you request a new IP etc).

@MarioKarT said:
    but if you request a new IP etc

It's true you won't get that support from MXroute, if it needs to be done it already was and no one even knew it happened ;)

Thanked by 3ihatetonyy Pwner Mark_R
  • @Jar said:
    It's true you won't get that support from MXroute, if it needs to be done it already was and no one even knew it happened ;)

I am just saying this, because they can setup the emailing service for you, no hassle as stated before 'annoying' things you need to deal with etc.

$5 a year, unlimited users, domains...Webhosting as well, it's like the best deal. Haven't had an error yet, took about 10 minutes in total to setup.

• @MarioKarT said:
    $5 a year, unlimited users, domains...Webhosting as well, it's like the best deal. Haven't had an error yet, took about 10 minutes in total to setup.

No such thing is unlimited, especially for 5$/y

• @c1bl said:
    No such thing is unlimited, especially for 5$/y

Technically it is unlimited, sorry to break your dreams. I will continue to consult my donkeys about people that live on earth today.

• @MarioKarT said:
    Technically it is unlimited, sorry to break your dreams. I will continue to consult my donkeys about people that live on earth today.

Well, technically nothing is unlimited.

Thanked by 1Riz
    edited October 2014

@c1bl said:
    Well, technically nothing is unlimited.

Incorrect. Nothing is infinite. At least nothing that we would know, since we haven't finished measuring anything we might suspect is infinite. Unlimited, however, is very real and possible. It's the lack of a defined limit, that is all.

Thanked by 2Riz lazyt