Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS starting from 1 EUR monthly in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS starting from 1 EUR monthly in EU

VereloxVerelox Member
edited September 2015 in Offers

Hi everyone,

We are a small business that have just started 2 months ago and thought some of you might be interested in any of these VPS plans

Use the promotional code VFORVPS to receive a 50% discount on any VPS plan forever (Limited to 10 uses only)

Virtualization Type: KVM

Bandwidth: Unmetered 1000mbps + Anti-DDos Pro

Control Panel: Virtualizor (VNC enabled)

IPv4: 1, you can get more by request. You will be charged only once for an extra IP.

IPv6: Not supported

Accepted payment methods: Paypal or Credit Card

Plans

Trial VPS - try before you buy

No credit card is required

Disk Storage: 5 GB (RAID1)

RAM: 128 MB

CPU Cores: 1

IPv4: 1

Price: Free

Evaluate for 24 hours

Small VPS

Discount Price: €1 monthly ($1.25 monthly). Use the code VFORVPS before checking out. (Discount no longer applies; the original price is €2.072 monthly)

Purchase

VPS 1

Disk Storage: 50 GB (RAID1)

RAM: 512 MB

Discount Price: €2.49 monthly ($3.12 monthly). Use the code VFORVPS before checking out.

Purchase

VPS 2

Disk Storage: 120 GB (RAID1)

RAM: 1024 MB

CPU Cores: 2

Discount Price: €3.75 monthly ($4.69 monthly). Use the code VFORVPS before checking out.

Purchase

The promotional code applies on other plans as well at https://verelox.com/vps.php

Benchmark (VPS runs on 8 GB of RAM, 4 cores)

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz
Number of cores : 4
CPU frequency :  3599.998 MHz
Total amount of ram : 7870 MB
Total amount of swap : 4094 MB
System uptime :   22 min,
Download speed from CacheFly: 22.1MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.69MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 4.85MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.54MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 17.3MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 14.9MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.27MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 4.59MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 4.26MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 5.81MB/s
I/O speed :  143 MB/s

In case you come across any trouble or would like to inquiry about something, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for reading!

Thanked by 1foetti

Comments

• Hi

why no ipv6? and i carnt seem to find anything about your company (including your website)

Thanked by 1kafele82
  • VereloxVerelox Member
    edited October 2014

@TarZZ92 said:
    Hi

why no ipv6? and i carnt seem to find anything about your company (including your website)

It's because we use OVH and Virtualizor doesn't work properly with IPv6 Pools on OVH systems. We will be working with OVH and Virtualizor support in the future to get IPv6 to function properly. Meanwhile, I believe you will not be able to find anything about my company (including my website) because we just started, but you may feel free to grab a trial VPS to give our services a try!

• vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited October 2014

This is KVM? Why is it so cheap... Unmetered bandwidth, huh too good to be true. I'mma try it.

• @vladka24 said:
    This is KVM? Why is it so cheap... Unmetered bandwidth, huh too good to be true. I'mma try it.

It's a limited time offer, the offer will not be available in 2 weeks from now. I appreciate you thinking it's too good! but it's also true, have fun!

• I can custom iso? Install windows

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited October 2014

@metalx said:
    I can custom iso? Install windows

Unfortunately, this is not possible as the main machine which creates the virtual servers runs under a Linux distribution, I guess. We will be providing Windows VPSs in the future however!

Edit: Sure!

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2014

IIRC the most HDDs OVH gives is three unless you buy a real expensive HG server. Could you explain how you are running RAID-10?

• matthewvz said: IIRC the most HDDs OVH gives is three unless you buy a real expensive HG server. Could you explain how you are running RAID-10?

Not really sure if I can understand your comment, but this is the commercial name for the dedicated server we use to host the virtual servers: Enterprise SP-64 server - 64G E5-1620 SoftRaid 2 x 2 TB

• @Verelox said:
    Unfortunately, this is not possible as the main machine which creates the virtual servers runs under a Linux distribution.

It's possible

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • @c1bl Really? How is this possible?

• c> @Verelox said:

Unfortunately, this is not possible as the main machine which creates the virtual servers runs under a Linux distribution. We will be providing Windows VPSs in the future however!

You can do this.

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • VereloxVerelox Member
    edited October 2014

@MSPNick You are right! I never thought I could run Windows under Linux at all because of the bad experience with OpenVZ. But here are the results (Windows 7 64-bit):

Perhaps I can create 3 custom Windows (or any custom ISO) servers if anyone requests so in this case, but I think it would be better to have the Windows servers separated from the Linux servers (i.e not on the same node) which would happen very soon! Thank you!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

What is trial VM renewal price, if I would like to keep same specs?

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    What is trial VM renewal price, if I would like to keep same specs?

It expires after 24 hours but cannot be renewed, if you would like the same specifications however or something custom I will be happy to set this up for you! If this is the case, what specifications are you looking for?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I am interested in the price for same specs.

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited October 2014

@FtpIt_Radi said:
    I am interested in the price for same specs.

The price would be €1/month when discount is applied! (normal price: €2/month, use the code VFORVPS for a 50% recurring discount) The following are the machine specifications:

Purchase

• Verelox said: Enterprise SP-64 server - 64G E5-1620 SoftRaid 2 x 2 TB

Where did you get 4 disks for RAID 10 from?

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • Why not OVH Canada location? Will be best offer ever :)

• @Verelox said:
    MSPNick You are right! I never thought I could run Windows under Linux at all because of the bad experience with OpenVZ. But here are the results (Windows 7 64-bit):

Perhaps I can create 3 custom Windows (or any custom ISO) servers if anyone requests so in this case, but I think it would be better to have the Windows servers separated from the Linux servers (i.e not on the same node) which would happen very soon!

If you do want any more help I will be happy to assist.

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • Not familiar with virtualization techno ?

Thanked by 2ucxo Brad
  • WorldWorld Veteran
    edited October 2014

EDITED.

• How were you able to get RAID10 with OVH?

• Hmm. An unknown provider, who doesn't know the basics of virtualization, who doesn't know what RAID10 is, is offering dirt cheap KVM with unlimited bandwidth. Reminds me of Intronet.

• How much once for a /26 on these?

• Well almost a week ago, I contacted them on their live chat & here as well & asked about their RAID setup, they said they use RAID 10:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/743111#Comment_743111

Being an OVH customer for years & Using KVM virtualization on my projects for years on OVH servers I knew this is not possible as OVH offers 3 disks max with each server except HG/BIG HG which would cost you 500+ Euros a month & no matter how many customers you get, it would still not be profitable enough to use them. They looked quite enthusiastic & were a startup business & I did not want to discourage & embarass them by making any negative comments on the forum about them so instead I opened a discussion thread & wrote about this practice without mentioning their name:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/35107/new-hosts-why-can-t-you-be-a-bit-more-honest-knowledgeable#latest

But since now others have asked him same question I want to tell him to get more knowledge about virtualization & understand all technical aspects before posting any offers. Also by offering such cheap & extremely lowend plans on Software RAID 1 you will run out of disk I/O very soon & hence unable to load your node further with virtual servers. This will ultimately result in failure of your business as you won't be able to break even when your node will become too overloaded in terms of disk I/O to sustain more virtual servers on it. You seriously need to change your approach & business strategies also if you want to be successful in this business.

@Verelox said:
    MSPNick You are right! I never thought I could run Windows under Linux at all because of the bad experience with OpenVZ. But here are the results (Windows 7 64-bit):

I don't know why you've had bad experience with OpenVZ but it is good for linux only containers when you don't need custom kernel for your OS. It also has much less overhead than KVM or XEN. But yes it should not be oversold. And running Windows is always possible on KVM, XEN HVM & VMware :)

@Verelox said:
    It's because we use OVH and Virtualizor doesn't work properly with IPv6 Pools on OVH systems. We will be working with OVH and Virtualizor support in the future to get IPv6 to function properly. Meanwhile, I believe you will not be able to find anything about my company (including my website) because we just started, but you may feel free to grab a trial VPS to give our services a try!

Yes virtualizor does have issues with IPv6 blocks on OVH when running KVM or XEN. Works fine with OpenVZ though. Also giving out trial vps for free could result in people using your server for abuse such as spam & then running away because they won't even have to pay you anything. @virtualizor

This was all positive criticism so that you can improve your business. If you need any help, you may contact me anytime through PM or Skype.

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited October 2014

nullnull said: Not familiar with virtualization techno ?

Personally new with KVM and XEN, I understood it's a full hardware virtualization but never thought it would be possible to add my own ISO (as I thought Virtualizor doesn't support this) and I didn't think I could use Windows at all but I think I understand how they work now! That's just me though, I believe other members from the team are more familiar with this.

fitvpn said: Why not OVH Canada location? Will be best offer ever :)

We will be adding new locations very soon! Thank you.

K2Bytes said: Being an OVH customer for years & Using KVM virtualization on my projects for years on OVH servers I knew this is not possible as OVH offers 3 disks max with each server except HG/BIG HG which would cost you 500+ Euros a month & no matter how many customers you get, it would still not be profitable enough to use them.

We indeed use 3 disks, and not 4. The main disk for the rootfs, a swap disk, and a logical volume group which we use to create the virtual servers. I talked with the one who manages the server and he said it uses RAID10, but then I ran this command and it said it's RAID1, so I updated the post to include RAID1 instead! Sorry for the troubles:

[root@fr ~]#  cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid1]
    md2 : active raid1 sdb2[1] sda2[0]
          122878912 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md4 : active raid1 sdb4[1] sda4[0]
          1826009024 blocks [2/2] [UU]

K2Bytes said: They looked quite enthusiastic & were a startup business & I did not want to discourage & embarass them by making any negative comments on the forum about them so instead I opened a discussion thread & wrote about this practice without mentioning their name:

Criticism is acceptable as long as it's civil.

K2Bytes said: But since now others have asked him same question I want to tell him to get more knowledge about virtualization & understand all technical aspects before posting any offers.

We are a team and I'm not the only one who does virtualization, but posts made here are only by me.

K2Bytes said: Also by offering such cheap & extremely lowend plans on Software RAID 1 you will run out of disk I/O very soon & hence unable to load your node further with virtual servers. This will ultimately result in failure of your business as you won't be able to break even when your node will become too overloaded in terms of disk I/O to sustain more virtual servers on it. You seriously need to change your approach & business strategies also if you want to be successful in this business.

We only allow a small number of VPSs to be hosted on the same node, but as we are starting, we will be getting more nodes soon.

K2Bytes said: Yes virtualizor does have issues with IPv6 blocks on OVH when running KVM or XEN. Works fine with OpenVZ though.

That's true! We will be working with Virtualizor Support in the future however in order to get IPv6 working properly.

K2Bytes said: Also giving out trial vps for free could result in people using your server for abuse such as spam & then running away because they won't even have to pay you anything

The servers are monitored and any abuse will result in an immediate server termination, trial VPS is provided for the user to give our service a try first before buying but if an abuse is detected, the service is immediately terminated.

K2Bytes said: This was all positive criticism so that you can improve your business. If you need any help, you may contact me anytime through PM or Skype.

Thank you!

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited October 2014

@Verelox said:

We indeed use 3 disks, and not 4. The main disk for the rootfs, a swap disk, and a logical volume group which we use to create the virtual servers. I talked with the one who manages the server and he said it uses RAID10:

I think then you have setup 4 partitions which can work like RAID 10 but this is not real RAID 10 & gives nowhere as good performance as real RAID 10 as that one requires spanning &mirroring of drives with 4 physical disks atleast. With type of setup you have if one of your physical drives fail, your would hardly have any chance of recovering & rebuilding the RAID. RAID 1 is always the best choice with 2 physical drives.

This is a sample output of cat /proc/mdstat from a real RAID 10 disk array:

Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md0 : active raid10 sdb1[1] sda1[0] sdc1[2] sdd1[3]
    1465142787 blocks 64K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • VereloxVerelox Member
    edited October 2014

K2Bytes said: I think then you have setup 4 partitions which can work like RAID 10

I will have to forward your question but I don't think so, as I can only see 3 partitions under OVH:

Primary / RAID 1
    Primary Swap RAID 1
    LV /vg RAID 1

K2Bytes said: RAID 1 is always the best choice with 2 physical drives.

I think that what we really have is RAID 1, after checking mdstat. So I have updated the post to include RAID 1 instead, but thanks for elaborating! I believe that RAID 10 is better with performance though.

K2Bytes said: This is a sample output of cat /proc/mdstat from a real RAID 10 disk array

Thank you! In this case we don't really have a RAID 10, but RAID 1; I'm really sorry for the error, but thank you for the nice elaboration!

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • @Verelox said:
    I think that what we really have is RAID 1, after checking mdstat. So I have updated the post to include RAID 1 instead, but thanks for elaborating! I believe that RAID 10 is better with performance though.

Real RAID 10 is surely better than RAID 1 but this is something not possible as of today. Pity is OVH & SYS now have 3 drives with many servers with default setup of RAID 5 which not only is bad performance wise but will also result in data loss for lot of their customers if a drive fails. Hardware RAID 5 can be acceptable with SSDs where you get very low space but it is definitely a very bad idea with 2+ TB drives which is what OVH is doing right now.

@Verelox said:
    Thank you! In this case we don't really have a RAID 10, but RAID 1; I'm really sorry for the error, but thank you for the nice elaboration!

You're always welcome. You know one thing I like about you as compared to some of the other new hosts around is that you look mature as a person & are actually ready to listen to constructive criticism & improve your mistakes. This is a big positive in you & it's very impressive indeed :)

Thanked by 1Verelox
  • @Verelox - How you convert from evaluate to paid? Promo code will applied after trial?

This discussion has been closed.