Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damn Bro!-DixHost Are you Serious! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Damn Bro!-DixHost Are you Serious!

Comments

• @jarland said: 98% uptime. That wasn't enough for me

I don't think 98% is good enough for anyone. A production server (and even a development server) should have at least 99.9% uptime

Thanked by 1Surge
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@gsrdgrdghd I prefer 100%. I know it's not a realistic promise, but it's the only goal worth shooting for.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Anyone grabbed DixHost offer?

• PADPAD Member
    edited July 2012

Yes @jarland but do you have much knowledge of networking and how much packetloss can cripple application layer services? uptime isn't the most of my worries in my opinion and like I said for static sites thats fine, but anything dynamic, and I mean ANYTHING.. it can be ruined by very small amounts of packetloss, and high amounts well you're screwed, volumedrive/burstNET are notorious for this and to add to that the terribly unreliable support they offer.. well that's the nail in the coffin for any production environment. and yeah.. I do hate them. HATE! :D

@jarland well 100% can be achieved through redundancy, project my team is working on now is almost complete and is a fully redundant cloud architecture, redundancy through all of the layers (that's DNS, loadbalancers, clouds, backend webservers) - for a relatively cheaper alternative you can make up your own home cooked method and get 100% uptime no problem, of course this type of solution would only really work for websites, since you're relying on the application layer being redundant and not everything as a whole.

@PAD Yeah I get that. Just saying, it served it's purpose, and if we were one of those hosting companies that preferred to roll in mediocrity we'd probably still be there. They can absolutely provide the upper tier of mediocrity for a very reasonable price. Long story short, that's kind of why we stopped accepting clients by anything but referral for nearly a year, so we could be better prepared to offer something of higher quality.

I do appreciate some good redundancy. I'm working on adding a few layers of redundancy right now that probably aren't necessary but make me sleep better at night. Other projects have kept pushing that back in priority.

• Well the hard drive space is definitely a lot. but not everyone would fill up their space. is the hard drive already allocated when the vps is created?

immo- chicagovps' offer is cheaper and thus more oversold in my opinion.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

What @Kairus ??? Ruuuuuun!

Wait, i dont know whatyou're talking about :(

• RandyRandy Member

it can take months for VD to setup your box ans the ignore you. rant on the webs

• PADPAD Member

@Jack you're biased as hell towards them, they're bad. its called a standard, they don't match it.

• CoreyCorey Member

Wow - DixHost.. Wow...

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

They seem to be making some ballsy offers.

@Corey said: DixHost.. Wow...

• SummerHosts :) this got to be a joke.

@Jack Experiences seem to vary. Luck of the draw I guess. Plenty complain about getting no support, for example, yet you have great response time and honestly they were always extremely friendly and helpful to me as well. They're actually pretty cool guys and I'm impressed at the quality for the price.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Anyone brave enough to take them up on their service offer?

• KairusKairus Member

@netomx said: Wait, i dont know whatyou're talking about :(

Registrant Name:Raul Lira
    Registrant Organization:DixHost Corporation
    Registrant Street1:Gran Jardin 125
    Registrant Street2:
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:Le?n
    Registrant State/Province:Guanajuato
    Registrant Postal Code:37000
    Registrant Country:MX
    Registrant Phone:+1.4772402365
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant Email:[email protected]

They're Mexican!

• I'm interested to see the I/O of these precious nodes. :)

• RandyRandy Member

soport LOL

• @NinjaHawk said: It is not straight 2000=2TB

A 2TB hard drive has a stated capacity of 2000GB.

@Kairus said: They're Mexican!

from Leon guanajuato? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@netomx why?

@jcaleb dunno, just wanna to say that

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I thought its a bad place

@jcaleb said: I thought its a bad place

nah, it's cool there - and nice

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • They offer low budget which I can sure this is resulf of being overselling. Why did you talk any more when we know that? :) lol

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@HalfEatenPie IO is the worse bottleneck for a VM. Actually, I always start building my nodes from storage up. If I have low grade storage, dropping it on 24 GB ram and 4 proc hardware is a huge waste of proc and ram. It wont get to be used due to the machines starting to die because of IO problems, the proc will be 97% wa in average and nothing will move except the HDDs running like crazy. For that kind of machine a fiberchannel setup would be in order to take it to the level of proc and ram.
    If I cant afford a good raid controller, I am better off stuffing 10x 80 GB HDDs in a case with 16 GB ram and one quad core CPU and give one to each machine.
    M

• 'Dix'-host, yeah, sure.

• or my proxy is down or those offers are not available :O i mean, http://dixhost.org/ does not load, connection resused :(

10 USD / Mes

PEQUEÑOS NEGOCIOS
    Core's 8 (12 Ghz Shared)
    1024 MB Memoria DDR3
    80 GB RAID10 Disco Duro
    1000 GB Transferencia Mensual
    1 IP Dedicada

lol, let me resell the $7 usD from @CVPS_Chris , I'm gonna be rich!

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@netomx said: lol, let me resell the $7 usD from @CVPS_Chris , I'm gonna be rich!

Is that what he is doing lol?

@CVPS_Chris said: Is that what he is doing lol?

I dunno, but it is a good plan... make me a reseller =P