Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore

Comments

• DamianDamian Member

@dominicl said: Have you considered QuadraNet?

We have not, we're looking to stay in Phoenix because it would be extremely expensive to ship our pile of stuff to a different city, in addition to the days of downtime.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Ah I see, who's at the top of the list atm?

• Perhaps you should look at ColoCrossing, as they have a significant presence around these parts.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • @Damian I wish you the best of luck finding a new DC :)

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

@liam said: Are you looking for a full rack though?

1/2 rack would be good, as that's the smallest we can fit in at this point. Even then we might be a bit tight...

@dominicl said: Ah I see, who's at the top of the list atm?

Eonix/Infinitie

@mikehighend said: ColoCrossing, as they have a significant presence around these parts.

Not in Phoenix, unfortunately...

@TheHackBox said: I wish you the best of luck finding a new DC :)

Thank you!

@Damian said: Eonix/Infinitie

Fair enough. Have a speak to sales over there via ticket and see what they can do ;-)

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

me:  can you ask atjeu if they will turn our stuff back on so we can send out notices of what's going on?
    Sent at 10:19 AM on Monday Adam: yeah
    Sent at 11:21 AM on Monday me: are they resisting?
    Adam: i asked in campfire
    and jeff left the room about 5 mins after i asked
    maybe I should start pulling out our stuff now?
    Sent at 11:45 AM on Monday me: they don't seem to be interested in putting it back on the net
    so I guess it's pull it out now and we find a new house

That's where we're at, at the moment...

edited July 2012

Wow, that's very good of them :/ I would move as quickly as possible. Find a new home, for eg, at Infinitie. The PhoenixNAP support is far better than Infinitie's (from what I've heard about Infinitie) but if that doesn't bother you then you should be fine.

Atjeu don't look like they want to have to back (no offence!). Personally, I would try and resolve issues with the customer and work around their problems, not just ignore them completely.

Good luck getting this sorted @Damian

Thanked by 1Damian
  • LAKidLAKid Member

@Damian You'll find something, cheer up...:) S**t happens..

Thanked by 2bijan588 Damian
  • I wish you and your company all good luck and all the best @Damian. I know it might look all very dark now but you got what it takes to get over this and don't let anybody, no DDoS kiddo or b*tchy DC bring you down. Because I know you'll get over this and the LET community will help you as good as we can.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@LAKid said: @Damian You'll find something, cheer up...:) S**t happens..

Easy to be said, however not easy to acomplish when it happens. I have been in a similar position around 8-9 months ago, luckily did not have to transfer equipment, however I was freaking out myself for over 48-72 hours untill it got sorted out. Good thing I got help from someone back then.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Don't give up, hoping for the best

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

@dominicl said: Find a new home, for eg, at Infinitie. The PhoenixNAP support is far better than Infinitie's (from what I've heard about Infinitie) but if that doesn't bother you then you should be fine.

Infinitie is a PNAP reseller(I think), so i'm not sure if we'll get to use pnap's remote hands. Either way, after our hellish experience with Phoenix Internet, i've built a pretty solid remote access system; the only time we'd ever need to actually physically touch things is if something is on fire...

@dominicl said: Atjeu don't look like they want to have to back (no offence!). Personally, I would try and resolve issues with the customer and work around their problems, not just ignore them completely.

Indeed, here's my conversation with Atjeu this morning (since they wouldn't answer the phone):

@LAKid said: You'll find something, cheer up...:) S**t happens..

Indeed it does, I just wish it would stop happening over and over and over again. Momma told me there would be days like this, just not so many of them in a row...

• Why do you need to be in Phoenix?

edited July 2012

Hmm...It's not looking very promising and they're responses aren't exactly what I'd call "helpful". Is it definite that you are moving away from them now then?

@mikehighend he said he wants to be in phoenix because of the costs of shipping it to another place

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

@liam said: Telx, corelink, cleardata or Syptec?

Telx and cleardata wanted about $4000 per month, which is a little extreme.

We'll poke at Corelink and Syptec. Thanks!

@Damian said: Syptec

Interesting site.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

Eonix/Infinitie got back to us; going with them would require us to cancel and refund our 32mb plans, as IP's are $1/apiece there too.

The search continues...

@Damian said: ...as IP's are $1/apiece there too.

Most places charge $1/IP these days. I've known providers to charge $4 for IPs before. It's going to be quite hard to find a place that can offer IPs much lower. Have you tried reasoning with Infinitie?

Thanked by 1Damian
  • If you open up your search to places outside of Phoenix (shipping is cheap) you'll have a lot more options. Better pricing too.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

@dominicl said: Most places charge $1/IP these days. I've known providers to charge $4 for IPs before. It's going to be quite hard to find a place that can offer IPs much lower.

I know, and we're at the point where we have to take it in the shorts to buy IPs from a datacenter because we're not large enough to leverage having our own IP block yet.

@dominicl said: Have you tried reasoning with Infinitie?

$1/IP is PhoenixNAP's price, and Infinitie is on Phoenixnap, so I don't think they'll be able to sell them for less than phoenixnap. Either that or they'll make up the difference elsewhere.

Ok, I understand.

Would you consider moving away from Phoenix? If so, I know of some good providers.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

@mikehighend said: If you open up your search to places outside of Phoenix (shipping is cheap) you'll have a lot more options. Better pricing too.

@dominicl said: Would you consider moving away from Phoenix? If so, I know of some good providers.

We're discussing this now. I really want to avoid multiple days of downtime due to shipping, however, I'd also prefer to avoid forever days of downtime, too.

• rds100rds100 Member

@Damian where do you live? Perhaps it is better to choose something closer to you, so you can go and to things yourself instead of always relaying on remote hands...

Thanked by 1Damian

@Damian said: We're discussing this now. I really want to avoid multiple days of downtime due to shipping, however, I'd also prefer to avoid forever days of downtime, too.

Yea, I'd recommend a few providers if you do decide to.

QuadraNET - speak to Dustin / Chris. Support is excellent (few minutes usually, max 15)
    QuickPacket - Support is pretty good although never used myself. They have good reviews, however
    IOFlood - as has been mentioned. Never used but good reviews
    ColoCrossing - heard good things about them
    HiVelocity - good support

.........Loads of options. Please let me know if you need any help?

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

@rds100 said: Perhaps it is better to choose something closer to you, so you can go and to things yourself instead of always relaying on remote hands...

That's why we were trying to stick with Phoenix, since we can go and physically do things with our servers. It's looking like we might have to move our stuff to a different city.

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited July 2012

@dominicl said: ColoCrossing - heard good things about them

Both @CVPS_Chris as @Francisco seem to have contacts with people there that might help :) (and maybe @jshinkle has an account here too?)
    (that was the only name on @dominicl's list that rang a bell to me)

Thanked by 1Damian
  • rds100rds100 Member

@Damian well, i am not good with US geography, but hopefuly you can find something within 1 hour driving distance or so, should work too.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • Scalematrix is a cool place in San Diego, and its super duper cheap.

If you do plan on moving give them a ping.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • vedranvedran Veteran

That's too bad, IPXcore is one of my favourite providers here and I don't even have a server with them.

Don't give up @Damian

Thanked by 3djvdorp Damian Infinity
This discussion has been closed.