Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone interested? 3tb/2CPU/2GB RAM/2.5tb bandwidth - $60/month OR $450/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone interested? 3tb/2CPU/2GB RAM/2.5tb bandwidth - $60/month OR $450/year

IrontigaIrontiga Member
edited September 2014 in Providers

Hey all, I have been thinking and researching, and there doesn't seem to be any reliable high storage VPS's around. I think that I would be able to provide:

2x dedicated 2.2ghz CPU - all yours, you can mine Bitcoin if you like(but why would you...)......
2gb RAM.....
3tb HDD - Raid10.....
2.5tb transfer - Gigabit port - fair share....
1IPv4.....

All that for $60/month, or $450/year. If there is enough interest, well I'll make it happen.

Also, can probably do smaller "slices", but you would be on fair share CPU, and much lower RAM.

Please speak up if you're interested, otherwise I'll just forget it ;)

Comments

• What company?

• None yet, Colo with dacentec to start with.

• TriDoxiuMTriDoxiuM Member
    edited September 2014

Vpsdime has better deals.
    Buy 1 2000gb and 1 1000gb plan for like 42/month.
    And its kinda weird that you would give less bandwidth than storage

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2014

The limit for VPSes is $7/month, so your post is against the rules.
    You can't argue this is a dedicated server, and even for those the limit is $49, so doesn't fit either.

Aside from that, I don't see why would anyone bother with your "offer", when
    for $42 they can get a dedicated server with 2x2TB HDDs, or for $69 one with 2x4TB all for themselves: http://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/

• Hmmm...VPSDime's VPS's aren't exactly incredibly fast, not on those mega nodes. The idea here is to provide Linode quality high storage VPS's.

• IrontigaIrontiga Member
    edited September 2014

Smallest slice can be 200gb, so under $7/month. Also, it is very close to a dedi, cause apart from the gigabit port, everything is dedicated(using 3tb HDD's)

• rm_ said: Aside from that, I don't see why would anyone bother with your "offer", when for $42 they can get a dedicated server with 2x2TB HDDs, or for $69 one with 2x4TB all for themselves: http://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/

Who wants an OVH server?

• @Irontiga said:
    Who wants an OVH server?

Shhh. He thinks every problem in this world can be solved by a dedicated server from a French company :p

• @Irontiga said:
    Hmmm...VPSDime's VPS's aren't exactly incredibly fast, not on those mega nodes. The idea here is to provide Linode quality high storage VPS's.

Buddy, you're going the wrong way if you think trashing @serverian 's products is going to get you anywhere. I'll take a reputable provider with knowledge and a good heart like his any day.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • I'm not trashing VPSdime, they are cheaper, but VPSDime doesn't give as high performance, and definately not the same kind of CPU that I am. If no-one is interested, well then forget it. I just see that I want to be able to get AWS S3 for less, and no-one is offering that, so I look into an alternative. If people are interested, well than I can find a way to get that to work, if not, well I'll just colo my own dedi's, and not share.

• @Pwner said:
    Buddy, you're going the wrong way if you think trashing serverian 's products is going to get you anywhere. I'll take a reputable provider with knowledge and a good heart like his any day.

It's not really trashing. :) Our storage VPS line at vpsdime is a budget line. It's no way a match for Linode quality high storage VPS. I'd definitely support the idea if they can really build something like that at that price. I can see a few bad choices on their plan, though.

Thanked by 1Irontiga
  • @serverian said:
    It's not really trashing. :) Our storage VPS line at vpsdime is a budget line. It's no way a match for Linode quality high storage VPS. I'd definitely support the idea if they can really build something like that at that price. I can see a few bad choices on their plan, though.

Like what? I sincerely would like to improve my plan.

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited September 2014

Whoops! My bad. :P I perceived it as hostile. I express my apologies to @Irontiga and best of luck to your entrepreneurship. It's getting late for me (around 12:10 AM, been a long day). I should probably go to sleep before I unintentionally mistaken someone messaging me "hello! :)" and start a flame war with them. ;P

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Irontiga said: Who wants an OVH server?

Certainly more people than who needs a server from some random guy on a forum.

Irontiga said: to provide Linode quality high storage VPS

I wonder what makes you think you can match Linode quality.

Thanked by 2ATHK Brad
  • @Irontiga said:
    Like what? I sincerely would like to improve my plan.

Well. That's your challenge. :) However, you can PM me if you'd like.

edited September 2014

I'm not going to be as good as Linode, they are in a different market, but like they are to standard VPS's, I will be to high storage VPS's.

• Irontiga said: I'm not going to be as good as Linode, they are in a different market, but like they are to standard VPS's, I will be to high storage VPS's.

So, what are you going to be? A high class server as Linode's or, better, AWS, or a budget provider? What will be the real infrastructure difference to your company than some other very reputable providers here, that will make someone to buy a vps from you? What will be the difference to make people chose you instead of a dedicated server from online.net, OVH or even other dedi providers, even for a very little more money but with all dedicated resources instead of just a container in a node? And what will be the market you are targeting off?

Thanked by 2rm_ TriDoxiuM
    edited September 2014

I will be AWS, but using a normal VPS model(not backing up all the time to 3 datacenters) and I will be much cheaper. I am still in the planning stage, hopefully my prices will go down, and am already planning on doubling the RAM. I may go with fair 4 fair share CPU's, I'm still planning it all out. But honestly, what's better, a cheap OVH dedi, with 2gb RAM and 2 cpu, or a Linode 2-core 2gb RAM VM? If you prefer the OVH, well then my service is not for you, but if you prefer the Linode VM, then you'll be better of sticking with me.

• If you think Linode is good quality, you're out of your mind.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @GIANT_CRAB said:
    If you think Linode is good quality, you're out of your mind.

Why?

• @serverian said:
    Shhh. He thinks every problem in this world can be solved by a dedicated server from a French company :p

Yeah, if they actually deliver there server. ordered mine on friday or saturday last week, still nothing from them.. Thought it was 120s delivery?

• I will have instant activation, another benefit of a VM.

• @MSPNick said:

Are you verified already?

120s is for provisioning the server which is spot on. Verification took the longest amount time..

• @Irontiga said:
    I will have instant activation, another benefit of a VM.

That's standard for a VPS .. nothing special there pal..

edited September 2014

@ATHK said:
    That's standard for a VPS .. nothing special there pal..

Ahha, better than a dedi tho

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2014

@Irontiga said:
    Ahha, better than a dedi tho

That statement is completely invalid..

120 seconds vs "instant" makes no difference...

• @ATHK said:

I do not know. All the emails seem to be bouncing from there end.

• @irontiga

Whilst I don't think this thread warrants a lock, as has been pointed out already you can't offer the proposed plans here, so I'm not sure how much value opinions here will deliver.

• If I get 64tb or more in interest it WILL happen. Although ideally I'd want a lot more, that way I can offer much more scalability and support

• @Irontiga said:
    If I get 64tb or more in interest it WILL happen.

Just not here, which makes me wonder why you're still bothering.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
This discussion has been closed.