Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

256MB $10.5/yr | 1GB @ $40/yr | 2GB @ $7/mo | KVM SSD+RAID10 | JingLing | HitLeap - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

256MB $10.5/yr | 1GB @ $40/yr | 2GB @ $7/mo | KVM SSD+RAID10 | JingLing | HitLeap

Comments

• LaegLaeg Member
    edited September 2014

Nice deals! How would you feel about us using one as a mail server @GoodHosting?

Nothing too severe, at the moment I don't see us sending/receiving more than 100-200 emails per hour.

• @Laeg said:
    Nice deals! How would you feel about us using one as a mail server GoodHosting?

Nothing too severe, at the moment I don't see us sending/receiving more than 100-200 emails per hour.

I would suggest using Mailchimp or Mailgun, but as long as you're not doing SPAM; we don't have any problem with a volume of mail. As well, unlike some other hosts here I could mention, we base your SPAM reputation on your volume of E-Mail (so of course we expect you to have more SPAM false positives if your volume of mail is larger.)

• @GoodHosting - Please answer my ticket LNA-2422-CNX

• can get more discount if order 20 hitleap plan?

• @conakk said:
    can get more discount if order 20 hitleap plan?

Yes,

$40.00 USD /mo for 20x of these as bulk purchase.

• @ElChile said:
    GoodHosting - Please answer my ticket LNA-2422-CNX

It has one now, sorry about that; you got transferred all over the place.

• @GoodHosting

My ticket #QFF-8637-IKO is nearing the 10 day mark. What is the cause of these delays? I just want to get my container deployed.

• @Silvenga said:
    GoodHosting

My ticket #QFF-8637-IKO is nearing the 10 day mark. What is the cause of these delays? I just want to get my container deployed.

I thought we'd come to a solution to that issue, components in a template must all be from the same cluster; that is why we provided the premade templates that can be cloned, and then further modified as required.

All components (Storage wise) must be from the GH-Images datastore for example, and the network component must be the "Reservation" component. The cluster ID and other features are selected automatically based on this as well, so there is no need to change those.

• GoodHosting said: I thought we'd come to a solution to that issue, components in a template must all be from the same cluster; that is why we provided the premade templates that can be cloned, and then further modified as required.

I can't use a template (assuming you mean the OS image template), I need to install from the ISO to customize that partition layout. I'm trying to mount the ISO from the media datastore. This was my last response before I was put on hold by Mr. Cody for the second time. His response was that "[you] would update me soon". This was 4 days ago.

• This is cheating you

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

@Silvenga said:
    I can't use a template (assuming you mean the OS image template), I need to install from the ISO to customize that partition layout. I'm trying to mount the ISO from the media datastore. This was my last response before I was put on hold by Mr. Cody for the second time. His response was that "[you] would update me soon". This was 4 days ago.

Ahh, there seems to be some confusion here on how OpenNebula defines things:

• "Template" is the configuration file with various settings in it defining an instance.

• "Image" is a physical attachment, or virtual container file for a virtual hard drive.

"Templates" have "Images". Your "Template" must define "Images" owned by the GH-Images datastore. So you must upload your ISO to the "GH-Images" datastore, and point your "Template" to that "Image".

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • @www99ncc said:
    This is cheating you

What's wrong with this picture? We have pro-rata billing which means you could pay less the first month, as you are only paying until the next renewal date. That's the only thing I see in that picture, is that your initial payment and recurring payment are different. The $3.51 is the price you would have paid if we didn't use pro-rata billing anyways.

• The test is not to 10M DDOS soon to be sealed with IP, you must have the guarantee?

• @www99ncc said:
    The test is not to 10M DDOS soon to be sealed with IP, you must have the guarantee?

I have no idea what you're talking about, it doesn't make sense in English.

@Nekki ?

• @GoodHosting said:

At best guess, it's something to do you you being able to tank a 10Mb DDoS before you null route the IP.

• @Nekki said:
    At best guess, it's something to do you you being able to tank a 10Mb DDoS before you null route the IP.

Thanks for the one possible clarification / meaning, I had no idea what he was going on about.

@www99ncc said:
    The test is not to 10M DDOS soon to be sealed with IP, you must have the guarantee?

We never claimed to offer DDoS protection.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

The performance of the server isn't bad. Although:

1 - Their website goes randomly offline;
    2 - Their support is slow;

Besides that, I'm happy with the KVM, well, currently own 2, and will own a few more if they improve their service.

• @GoodHosting I don't know if I have done something wrong or something but please tell me is there any eta on fixing an issue, I said in a ticket?
    I am very sorry if I and you got off on a wrong foot, but could we please work things out so we can continue to do business together?

1. Service is great when it works. Then I noticed my VPS got really really slow to the point of being unusable. I turned it off and tried again a few days later and it seem fine. I'm guessing the system was overtaxed or maybe abused. But no way to tell/status update.

2. Took 3 days to get a VPS up. They manually verify your info (even when you're just adding new nodes). Claim deployment is usually 72 hours, but probably would've went over hadn't I bumped my ticket.

3. They use OpenNebula. There's a bug with virtual interfaces when you recreate nodes. You may run out of IPs/MAC Addresses to use so stuck without a node.

4. As others have mentioned, support is slow to respond.

1. Please report when this kind of thing happens. We monitor our nodes, but there's only so much that statistics can show. Unfortunately, the best way to know if there is impacting performance on a node is to actually have a VPS on it. We like to allow people ot use CPU and I/O as long as it's not impacting the node, and as long as we're not seeing I/O wait or CPU starvation on the host; we will let people use more than their allocated resources for short bursts; until someone reports it is impacting them.

2. Bumping the ticket or not would have gotten your VPS deployed in around the same time. Every ~24 hours I go through and spend a few hours going over order information, you would be surprised just how much obvious fraud there is in our Industry; and it frankly appalls me when I know who's trying to commit it (when I recognize the community names, etc.) This wastes a lot of our time with fake deployments that we then have to reply to, close the account, cancel/terminate the service, refund the payment, etc etc.

3. We are currently working on this issue. The "Cannot get MAC/IP lease" issue can come from a number of sources, such as a Template or an Image that requests a specific IP address that is already in use; or if there simply are no IPv4 addresses available on that node (due to the way that the GRE and VLANs are placed.)

4. I am hoping to hire additional support staff, but it is incredibly difficult to find competent systems administrators (perhaps I place them at too high a requirement against my personal knowledge? I can't justify paying someone to do a job that I could already do, unless they can do it at least as good as me.)

All comments and criticism on our service is put right back into the service as improvements in how our systems is, or how we handle issues. We take reports of things we can improve very seriously and will start to implement all of your input immediately.

• Hello

I'm 28 days waiting for a solution on my problem and I only see his response this way "I will have Damon to update you shortly."

Who are you "Damon"? Because he did not fix the server that's down to 28 days?

Including invoices won and I had no concrete answer or solution on this fall.

Someone went through the same problem?
    I'm really trying to understand this now, because 28 days of server down with no solution is really worrying.

Proof of conversations:
    http://snag.gy/eH1Nj.jpg

Thank you.

• @Wagner said:
    Hello

I'm 28 days waiting for a solution on my problem and I only see his response this way "I will have Damon to update you shortly."

Who are you "Damon"? Because he did not fix the server that's down to 28 days?

Including invoices won and I had no concrete answer or solution on this fall.

Someone went through the same problem?
    I'm really trying to understand this now, because 28 days of server down with no solution is really worrying.

Proof of conversations:
    http://snag.gy/eH1Nj.jpg

Thank you.

Hello,

Your issue is regarding our "Chicago" issue that was dealt with via E-Mail some month ago.

Please check the E-Mail entitled:

Important Service Notice Regarding Your GoodHosting Account

We sent this E-Mail to you on 06/09/2014 02:55

This E-Mail (which was also posted here on LowEndTalk) contained instructions on how to remedy the situation, as well as an exact description of what happened with the issue in question.

I am restoring your VPS now.

• @Wagner said:
    --snip--

The restoration is complete. The image is your full name ending in .qcow2 and can be found on the "Images" screen in OpenNebula SunStone. This contains the primary disk of your previous Virtual Private Server before our storage malfunction disclosed in early September.

• GoodHosting said: The restoration is complete. The image is your full name ending in .qcow2 and can be found on the "Images" screen in OpenNebula SunStone. This contains the primary disk of your previous Virtual Private Server before our storage malfunction disclosed in early September.

Hello

Yes, I am aware of this problem, as I informed just do not understand why a company take 28 days to resolve a problem that I consider serious.

Because the support was always telling me "Damon will update soon" and I never saw a solution on this case until the moment.

Unfortunately I had to post this occurred on LET to seek a solution, you need to check this course your service and support that the case was not treated with the necessary priority, we are talking about 28 days espea about the correctness of your system and this is very time.

Some questions:
    How will the issue of my invoices?
    Will I get credit for nearly 1 month without access to the server?
    This problem occurred on my second pack with you after a few days, he was corrected on both servers?

I understand that problems in enterprise servers and can occur, but you need to understand that 28 days is a long time and this is something that makes me insecure about your company.

Thank you.

• @GoodHosting : do you provide ipv6 in chicago?

Are automatic rdns setup available for ipv6?

• right now i get

Error 521 Ray ID: 173c3cbca683e0s5
    Web server is down

• @dedicados said:
    right now i get

Error 521 Ray ID: 173c3cbca683e0s5
    Web server is down

This has been resolved for now, our main site is still under attack.

• @GoodHosting I'll ask again:
    Some questions: How will the issue of my invoices? Will I get credit for nearly 1 month without access to the server? This problem occurred on my second pack with you after a few days, he was corrected on both servers?

Thanks

• @Wagner said:
    GoodHosting I'll ask again:
    Some questions: How will the issue of my invoices? Will I get credit for nearly 1 month without access to the server? This problem occurred on my second pack with you after a few days, he was corrected on both servers?

Thanks

Hello,

Please open a Support Ticket so I can know what the issue is related to an account, otherwise it is not possible for me to know which account in our system (if any) you are speaking in regards to.

• @GoodHosting

Hello

My ticket is # BSY-3910-TJR where the employee says "Damon to update you shortly" and the error was never updated. See details: http://snag.gy/eH1Nj.jpg

I try to get in OpenNebula panel says invalid user and certainly my account was suspended and I'm on the subject, I was almost 30 days waiting to fix your server, and when you say that it was corrected my account was suspended for non-payment.

I guess I should have at least 30 days of use on this issue, I note that on average 28 days without access to your server due to your problem on your network.

Thank you.