Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSL Certificate - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSL Certificate

2»

Comments

• maybe try gogetssl or cheapssl (Who are part of the NC group yet undercut NC) either of those are usually pretty cheap for Comodo/RapidSSL or as others have said something like startcom or running your Own CA if it's just your own devices accessing it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
  • @netomx said:
    oh no, not you again!

Is he the one that called everyone the C-word?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomx said: oh no, not you again!

here you are

CentrioHost said: We are not a SSL provider for fraudsters! Get space elsewhere you moron.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yes, like Silvenga shows. I have it on all subdomains but each sub is its own cert. I have the base cert xxs.com, then a cert for each sub fun.xxs.com, not fun.xxs.com, etc

• does www subdomain need a separate cert than the base domain?

@Steven_F said:
    Is he the one that called everyone the C-word?

he called us a lot of words

• aFriend said: does www subdomain need a separate cert than the base domain?

Maybe, www is a subdomain - unless the www subdomain is included with the base name you will need another certificate.

Check the Subject Alternative Name field on the certificate. For example,

DNS Name=www.example.com
    DNS Name=example.com

Steven_F said: Is he the one that called everyone the C-word?

With his continuous advertising here, he also believes us to be idiots.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2014

You need a wildcard SSL cert. The cheapest wildcard SSL certs I'm aware of are $42 per year from SSL2Buy: https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php

• @BrianHarrison said:
    You need a wildcard SSL cert. The cheapest wildcard SSL certs I'm aware of are $42 per year from SSL2Buy: https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php

I really missed that danish offer , it was a 5 year wild card cert for under a total of $5 because of this douchebag @CentrioHost since I stupidly believed he would honor his commitment of renewing the ssl certs.

• @netomx said:
    he called us a lot of words

Were any of them nice? I'll call you words... Beautiful. Lovely. Smells-like-a-rainbow. :)

Thanked by 1netomx

@Steven_F said:

Oh I'm sorry, in already taken, you came too late :(

• @netomx said:

Dangit!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • On startssl, each subdomains gets it's own cert. not a big deal though, just save them to a directory and have them properly listed in the vhost conf file and there should be no issues.

If you are using shared hosting, it's still possible, I just haven't dug into it very much at this point. I have my main domain on shared hosting and ssl on the main domains but I haven't tried adding ssl to the sub domains on the shared hosting plan.