Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone 6* & Apple Watch Discussion! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iPhone 6* & Apple Watch Discussion!

Comments

• CPU might not matter because the OS only has to run on 4-5 devices, but surely if you have many apps running (does iOS support proper multitasking now?) you won't be able to keep as many apps alive as 2-3GB?

• peeyespeeyes Member
    edited September 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    A good majority of the Android market has already tried an iPhone

Any proof for this statement? market study anything like that?

disgustingly simplified interface

I like this!!! that's the reason it is for normal users not for nerds!

and you can break it in very fancy ways

O wait: it is for them too..but for real geek nerds!

Agree Apple realm is closed, the benefit? least bugs and almost no viruses, malware or anything like that. (I haven't even heard about any iPhone virus, if any one know please let me know :P)

I have Galaxy S4, Ace 2 X, iPhone 4s and iPad, all tried but never wanted to stick with Android. Having said that, it is just me each person has their own preferences.

• @peeyes said:

https://securityevaluators.com/knowledge/case_studies/iphone/

There are actually hundreds of exploits for iDevices , you just have to look for 5 seconds.

• compare that with Android exploits, it would be least for iOS. Apple mods/devs are dying hard to find an exploit for jailbreak purpose, and you can't really see any software unlock for iPhone yet for the latest versions.

http://www.zdnet.com/sorry-to-say-that-apple-platforms-are-still-more-secure-7000026880/

• Put down your phone and go outside.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @peeyes said:
    compare that with Android exploits, it would be least for iOS. Apple mods/devs are dying hard to find an exploit for jailbreak purpose, and you can't really see any software unlock for iPhone yet for the latest versions.

http://www.zdnet.com/sorry-to-say-that-apple-platforms-are-still-more-secure-7000026880/

That's just Apple telling you so. How can a closed OS be more secure than an Open-Source OS? It can't!

• peeyespeeyes Member
    edited September 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    peeyes

don't confuse between exploit and vulnerability, not all vulnerabilities are exploitable!

http://gcn.com/articles/2013/04/19/iphone-vulnerabilities-android-most-attacked.aspx

"Android’s market share and the openness of the operating system have made it the “go-to platform of malware authors,” according to Symantec research. Although the Apple iOS accounted for 93 percent of reported mobile vulnerabilities in 2012, Android accounted for 97 percent of threats. "

Source: Symantec Internet Security Threat Report 2013

@tr1cky said:
    That's just Apple telling you so. How can a closed OS be more secure than an Open-Source OS? It can't!

Symantec Internet Security says too...

• @peeyes: You should really read this article: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/just-how-safe-is-safe-in-android/

Now we talk about Malware, (allthough you talked about exploits all the time), which is probably impossible to get if you use your Android-device like your iOS-device, download apps through the official store.

• peeyespeeyes Member
    edited September 2014

@tr1cky
    well, xda-developers is an exclusive Android (may be some Windows) community/forum, having said that I will read it...

I was talking about malware too...check my earlier post. Exploit can be exploited by malware too!! After all all these virus/malware/spamware all a piece of code looking for any opening (a.k.a exploit) to act (in simple sense)

• Also keep in mind: Any security company wants to sell their stuff to you, Symantec would be pretty dumb if they would tell everyone, that it's nearly impossible to get Malware on an Android device if they also sell their security tools on Android.

• @tr1cky so you mean Symantec is lying and/or this is their business tactic and it is nearly impossible to get Malware on an Android device? You have doubt on the links I shared but not for yours from XDA which is an Andorid biased community, my friend.

anyway we can keep arguing on this and it will never reach anywhere.. at some point we have to believe something we found and move on which may be different for each one.

• Let's not fight folks, we all like what we like, and are prepared to pay what we're prepared to pay.

I've never had an android phone, but I've had tablets and they've always disappointed, which is why I stick to iOS.

Do I think it's worth getting the latest and greatest kit? Nah, I'm still on an iPhone 5 and it's just fine under iOS 8 so I'm sticking with it. Only if I think the 6+ will replace both my phone and iPad mini will I upgrade.

Thanked by 2netomx srvrpro
  • @peeyes said:
    tr1cky so you mean Symantec is lying and/or this is their business tactic and it is nearly impossible to get Malware on an Android device? You have doubt on the links I shared but not for yours from XDA which is an Andorid biased community, my friend.

anyway we can keep arguing on this and it will never reach anywhere.. at some point we have to believe something we found and move on which may be different for each one.

Of course there is malware existing for Android and it could be 10x more than there is for iOS, but still it's very hard to actually get infected, that's what I wanted to point out. Symantec isn't really lying, but they try to get customers.
    As mentioned in the post on xda (you know they also have an iphone site?), there is a lot of stuff that actually prevents you from getting infected, even without using a malware scanner for android.

I just think that the security-argument that is often used, is invalid. Both platforms are very secure regarding malware.

But let's take a look at recent events (The Fappening), where celebrity icloud accounts were bruteforced. You could argue that they used weak passwords, but you could also ask yourself, why it's even possible to enter a wrong password thousands of times.

Both systems aren't perfect but the security argument is pure bullshit.

Thanked by 2netomx ChrisMiller
  • KeltharKelthar Member
    edited September 2014

raindog308 said: And if they put a quad core in it at 2.8Ghz you would not be able to tell the difference.

It's a phone. Any app for it will be certified for the iPhone 6 and run as expected.

Addressed that previously, but I'll address it again: your software being downgraded in order to run properly in weak hardware is not something to be proud of. My Nokia 3310 perfectly runs the "apps" that were designed for it, and runs as expected. Doesn't mean it's not weak.

If they put a 2.8GHz Quad-core you'd see apps that were much more intensive, and that could drive the technology forward.

If your hardware is making devs go "Sigh, I guess we can downgrade to meet the standards" rather than "OH MY GOD IMAGINE HOW MUCH WE CAN DO WITH IT!", then you're nowhere near the vanguard, and not a flagship phone.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • If you're on the mobile share plan and you get an iphone6, that phone's monthly bill will go up $25/month

so ridiculous!

slickdeals.net/f/7196032-adding-iphone-6-to-at-t-mobile-share-value-plan-will-at-25-per-line-per-month?v=1

• When apple makes an iPhone with two flavours, iOS and Android, I might pick one up.

• Nekki said: Nah, I'm still on an iPhone 5 and it's just fine under iOS 8 so I'm sticking with it.

Exactly what I'm going to do.

• Sigh... still

• Painful, but I got through in the end to order a 128GB 6 for the missus.

Thanked by 2netomx ksubedi
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited September 2014

Nekki said: Painful, but I got through in the end to order a 128GB 6 for the missus.

Was able to Pre-order the 128GB iPhone 6+ though the Apple Store app.. I don't know if its because I am tired and didn't notice but some how its going to my PoBox...

Can't change it yet because the regular site is down..

• You'll have time to fix that before they ship I think, apparently the phones are already in the US, so I'm guessing they won;t be going out of the warehouses until early next week.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited September 2014

Nekki said: You'll have time to fix that before they ship I think, apparently the phones are already in the US, so I'm guessing they won;t be going out of the warehouses until early next week.

With my luck my order will be canceled before I can change it because they don't ship to po boxes then I will have to wait a month to get it because everyone else wanted it..... (Probably being a little overly pessimistic) I could call them but I would probably fall asleep before I could get though to anyone.

But anyways.. off to bed for me!

• Just pre-ordered. I had a long think about this one - the specs aren't great really but I really like the Apple Watch and iOS's user experience is just so, so much better than Android.

• Calling them to change my shipping address since their site says to do it I have to call them.. All their hold music about the sky and clouds. lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Oh yeah... Got the Address thing fixed.

So who else ordered the iPhone 6*?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @ChrisMiller said:
    Oh yeah... Got the Address thing fixed.

So who else ordered the iPhone 6*?

Nice! Enjoy your phone :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • black said: Nice! Enjoy your phone :)

Oh I will!