Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raspberry (Pi) Jam - Nottingham, UK - Anyone going? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raspberry (Pi) Jam - Nottingham, UK - Anyone going?

2»

Comments

• I would prefer it, if we did have this meet up, it would be somewhere where we could take ONE train / BUS from our local city. For example, Durham (near me) -> Manchester is a singular train. And takes I think, 2 hours?

Being that manchester is quite a large transport interchange (you can go from Durham -> Manchester -> Wales) -- It would be 'theoretically' better for all LET UK users.

We should migrate this into a new thread...

Also, @mrLadoodle -- Who cares about rough? We have a team of about, what, 40 'VPS' users, we'll just wrap them up with CAT5 cables and hack their WiFi networks, change the name to "Nuggets" and be on our way.

Sounds like fun.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

@eastonch said: Also, @mrLadoodle -- Who cares about rough? We have a team of about, what, 40 'VPS' users, we'll just wrap them up with CAT5 cables and hack their WiFi networks, change the name to "Nuggets" and be on our way.

We could just pop into McDonalds and ARP Spoof and change all the pictures.

(just kidding)

• @Jack said: Is that even classed as a 'City'?

Ofcourse it is.

• @MrLadoodle said: We could just pop into McDonalds and ARP Spoof and change all the pictures.

I tried that once here. Someone logged into my network and well i emailed them :L (Aswell as got there FB info)

• @liam said: I haven't been to mcdonalds in years lol

your not missing much. the food there (Can you call it food??) is disgusting., I only ever go there for free wifi :D but i usualy goto starbucks

• When I eat McDonalds, I can't look at the food.

It makes me cry.

• When I eat McDonalds, I can't look at the food.

Thats called macphobia :L

• Try working there @mrladoodle , @danielm :']

I am glad to say that my McDonalds is half-decent tbh.

• @eastonch said: I am glad to say that my McDonalds is half-decent tbh.

If we do the LET meet up, you must come along so we can use your McDonalds discount card.

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • @Jack I work in the one in Bishop Auckland. :']

And @MrLadoodle when it arrives, sure!

• @Jack yes. But I have a "posh" accent according to all of my friends, scary tbh, I grew up in Bishop Auckland, yet my dialect and speech is completely different to those of my friends. I blame the internet.

• @Liam Haha. According to HUKD -- We have the lowest petrol prices in the entire nation @ 123p/l on petrol @ Sainsbury.

• JacobJacob Member

I use my brothers discount card all the time, max of 2 meals per hour I think?

Expired like 4 Months ago.

• @Jacob -- Two meals per 4 hours :']

• TaylorTaylor Member

@eastonch said: I am glad to say that my McDonalds is half-decent tbh.

>

I will be joining the family could I say? :P Got my uniform today.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • @Taylor -- If you require any assistance with the learning experience, give me a PM -- I'm new myself, but I can give you some tips on your station, if you want.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited June 2012

@eastonch said: If you require any assistance with the learning experience, give me a PM -- I'm new myself, but I can give you some tips on your station, if you want.

@eastonch Thanks, have not even got my first shift sorted yet due to my store going through a refurbishment. Also during the Olympics I will be working full time I am told so its going to be a steam learning curve.

• Ouch, that's not a good time to start mate! Just take it easy, don't get nervous or stress, my first shift i was so shakey and panicky after the first half before my break, I had to go for a walk, and sprawl out on a bench lol.

Accept criticism, and ask for help if you don't understand, hoenstly, I still ask for help with some things. But I've learned most of it in 3 weeks. If you get FT hours, you'll learn it much quicker.

PRACTICE makes perfect.

• I would consider going, if I lived close to it in the UK...