Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to be OP on a minecraft server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to be OP on a minecraft server

Comments

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: I thought it was about lunch?

Damian, it's the same food photo you already posted in the past or it's your today lunch?

Thanked by 2netomx HalfEatenPie
  • DamianDamian Member

@prometeus: it's the same image.. I was looking through my images directory.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

I had a "dejavu" looking at that pasta :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@prometeus said: I had a "dejavu"

I got it with the sausage xD

• DamianDamian Member

My lunch is well known

• wiiguywiiguy Member

@jarland said: Looking to be CEO of company. Message me if you need a CEO. I'm a good CEO. I've CEO'd many times in past.

hmmm most people just stay CEO @ one place, if have been CEO multiple times im guesisng ya have been doing something wrong :D (i know it was a joke)

• Ok, done derailing? Let's know who can give me op on their mc server.

• @Luis123456

Honestly, you're talking in a lowendtalk forum, it's about webhosting, low end boxes, and virtual machines, Not Minecraft.

If you were any form of smart, you'd already be on the MinecraftForums joining servers and being a VITAL part of their community. OP is given over time, and showing dedication. I highly doubt you're 20, and if you are, you're severely lacking atleast 10 years of education / life.

And if you have a VPS, go use it! Instead of using it as a vanity pet.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@luis123456 hate to break it to you, but @eastonch is right.

I've personally asked questions about MC here before. Difference is: I've asked about setting up Minecraft... hosting multiple Minecraft servers on a dedi, and discussions regarding control panels. They're all to do with the management of the server holding the Minecraft instance.

You, however, have came and asked for OP on a server. That's the kind of thing a 13 year old kid will do in the playground. Go to a specific minecraft forum for that. The majority of people here, even if they do host minecraft, they simply do that; host it.. not play it.

I host a Minecraft server. Do I play it? No.

I'm younger than you, and whilst age rarely means anything, it's pretty obvious that you need to do one of the three following options:

1. Actually ask reasonable questions about MC
    2. Go to Minecraft-specific forums
    3. GTFO

Kthxbai x

• @luis123456 said: Why would I want to purchase one if I have a VPS capable of hosting a MC server?

I am trying to find a server where I can apply to be staff.

Why would you purchase anything, half your posts are bitching about something being not free

• TazTaz Member

@justinb yep.
    @luis123456 dude since you are no longer a teenager, why not stfu and spend money for things you want instead of asking for everything free? Hope you ate not living under bridge or free house( shelter).

• DamianDamian Member

@luis123456 said: Let's know who can give me op on their mc server.

Here's a concise list:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2012

OP only feels good when there are people to rule over amiright? Otherwise, the best server to be OP on is 127.0.0.1

Also not sure if you're aware, there's a single player mode.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • Wow.................

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited June 2012

End of Act 1.

• Try asking in gameserver forums or a minecraft-specific forum :)

• This thread is as ruthless as this one: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3349/big-providers-that-accept-lr#Item_56

Only that what I am asking is completely possible.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited June 2012

To be fair @luis123456, he was asking about dedicated servers and VPSes on a forum that mainly focused on LEBs (aka something that wasn't really in his scope to begin with) then shooting down every offer anyone even remotely tried to give him (and sometimes not in a nice way).

No offense, but your request was more random/out there than his. I mean even if I needed another staff member on a minecraft server I wouldn't go looking around on LEB, and obviously the staffer would be someone that's been on my server and knows the regulars there (aka a person who has already invested time into the community). Also, having someone brand new coming in to operate a community just isn't a good idea in general (community gets pissed). I mean @liam didn't get his position here just by (metaphorically) kicking down Chief's door and demanding he get the position (we're assuming that no-one on LET knows liam for this scenario... you know what this is a bad example but we're still going with it). He got it by being probably one of the best regulars here :P and its damn apparent to those new people who started coming here more often recently (like me).

• Guys Luis is a good guy, problem is that he doesnt know when to stop and what things he can ask for.

Almost always he wants everything for free (webhost, vps, dedi, etc).

He spend most of time in other forum(freevps) or fooling around with a boy (mtw) ..... anyway he has a real bad time on his real life. So try to understand him.

His only way to run away from real problems is internet (hosting, games, etc)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

or fooling around with a boy

Not sure this helps me put this thread in context.

• TazTaz Member

Are you talking about Huon or Luis here?

• Although I am looking for another Minecraft admin on PAGN, the way you ask here has already deterred me from even thinking about op'ping you @luis123456 .

• Please, give me a second chance.

• flyfly Member

inb4 this kid is 10 years old

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • KairusKairus Member

@luis123456 said: Please, give me a second chance.

I will give you a second chance since you said please.

• @luis123456 said: Please, give me a second chance.

Why do you want to be OP so badly? I run a MC server for a community that has around 30 active players, and even I don't want OP on it.

• I give you a second chance. Buy/ask for a free VPS and host Minecraft and be op on it :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@martip07 said: Guys Luis is a good guy, problem is that he doesnt know when to stop and what things he can ask for.

I'm pretty sure he was told exactly where he went too far by several people in this thread. If he then denies that is the case, it's no longer not knowing what he can ask for, but refusing to know.

Thanked by 1justinb
  • @Boltersdriveer said: Buy/ask for a free VPS and host Minecraft and be op on it :)

Well, can't anyone take me onboard?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@luis123456 said: Well, can't anyone take me onboard?

well, some guy here (tl;dr) said that you need to gain the community; and the other one, my minecraft server is for spanish speakers =P