Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big providers that accept LR? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Big providers that accept LR?

Comments

• PADPAD Member

They don't accept it in the EU at least. I probably want some servers in the EU.

• @PAD said: They don't accept it in the EU at least. I probably want some servers in the EU.

LR is unpopular in the EU since you can hardly tax it correctly.

• nabonabo Member

@DominicHakke said: It's not, it's a sIFR that allows to show the "non standard" fonts used on the website.

No it's not sIFR. sIFR would even be worse as it requires Flash and Javascript for text to be seen. Your site replaces the text with PNG-Images. The 'text' on your site is not selectable, nor does it wrap to the browsers windows width, nor does it render as text on mobile devices. It's simply several PNG-images replacing the original text. And therefore definitely not what the Internet and HTML was about.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited June 2012

Servermind offers Netherlands dedicated servers (which last I checked were in the EU).

I'd also ask @William. http://edis.at has some dedicated servers as well as VPS in the EU.

Edit: whoops. seems like you guys talked while I was writing that up.

• PADPAD Member

So looks like I could go with an USA-BurstNET + Serverminds EU combo.

Still looking for more providers.

• @nabo said: No it's not sIFR. sIFR would even be worse as it requires Flash and Javascript for text to be seen. Your site replaces the text with PNG-Images. The 'text' on your site is not selectable, nor does it wrap to the browsers windows width, nor does it render as text on mobile devices. It's simply several PNG-images replacing the original text. And therefore definitely not what the Internet and HTML was about.

You might be right about that, i don't know how it's being presented but an design company is working on a new website and it should be online within a week or two.

• PADPAD Member

I don't really care about designs when relating to hosts so it doesn't matter in this case. The best providers I've tried have the most basic designs, the most flashy designs are the crappiest hosts I've used.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited June 2012

@PAD said: And no information on what provider @FTN_Kevin runs.

Kevin just simply works for me at URPad.net I hate to plug my own company but since we were mentioned take alook at our latest Lowendbox offer.

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/urpad-5-72month-1024mb-openvz-vps-in-los-angeles-ca-new-york-city-ny-and-luxembourg/#comments

We do offer several options which are not listed in that offer which you are looking for, just contact our sales team at [email protected] and we will take care of you.

Thanks!

• PADPAD Member

Still looking.

• PADPAD Member

Not interested.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@PAD said: Not interested.

wanna service like gold? pay with gold.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • PADPAD Member

I have the money to. Who said I was looking for something cheap? Lol.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@PAD said: I have the money to. Who said I was looking for something cheap? Lol.

You're posting on a forum that is dedicated to low-priced low-end VPSes. What exactly did you expect?

• laaevlaaev Member

@PAD said: I have the money to. Who said I was looking for something cheap? Lol.

Post on WebHostingTalk.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@PAD I've seen people trying to help you and your replies a bit "rude"... As other suggested this is a site specialized in small low cost vps while you are willing to spend a lot of money (thousands? millions? billions? who know...) in dedicated and vps, so maybe you are in the wrong place ;-)

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Infinity
  • PADPAD Member

I've been pretty ruthless, yes.

Knowledge is knowledge, you'll all know just as much as anyone on Webhostingtalk. :)

• TazTaz Member

@PAD If you ask for Beef cooking tutorial on a Vegan Food forum, what would you expect?

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • PADPAD Member

Lol. Just because LET/LEB specializes in low end servers, it does not mean that you do not have knowledge on the server industry in general, if anything you know more providers.

• PADPAD Member
    edited June 2012

You guys are acting like you know French, and English, but because you choose to live in France, you've got no right to comment on anything related to English, in fact you could even go as far saying you know absolutely nothing about the English language.. what?

Oh and Jack, please stop stalking the thread and thanking anyone that posts other than myself.. you could have replied to my post but instead you chose the incompetent route of getting offended and not sticking up for yourself.

• PADPAD Member
    edited June 2012

And that just happens to be every reply? Your silence in this thread was only a sign of retreat after I told you why I didn't want a host like @DotVPS. I don't appreciate hosts ran by 15 year old's that can't be trusted - especially given the content I'll be hosting.

Here comes the classic 'go back and edit my post to a smiley face in hope of removing any possible embarrassment that may come from being shown up by a 3 post newbie'.

I've been very very harsh in this thread, but given that I'm pretty serious about finding a legitimate long term provider, I was merely trying to narrow it down to the ones that had the balls to stay on topic and give real recommendations, who thought it would have been so hard!

Looks like I'll be trying out Serverminds for now though.

• PADPAD Member
    edited June 2012

Technically I'm not, after all my reply was to your original post.. of which you deleted.

Then again, that would constitute as a sign of embarrassment, if you ask me. Which you do..

Care to shed a little more light on how I'm incorrect? You're 15, don't deny it just because you've said otherwise elsewhere.

• We thought the same "LR will be a trouble maker" when implemented LR as web hosting payment method but seems a lot of legit sales being paid with LR now.

• PADPAD Member
    edited June 2012

@qhoster

Woo! Finally. I've got friends that run providers and they'll experience tons of spam/fraud orders with PayPal/CreditCard/AlertPay - with LibertyReserve at least you can terminate the client if they are abusive and not have to worry about it coming straight back in your face when they get their panties in a twist.

@Jack

I use Santrex because they offer over 13 locations, they accept LR, which is what we needed for development, we hit the hurdle when we realized every IP they own is blacklisted permanently. They're great other than that, I don't need a company with great support, I'm not some sort of dumb client.. what I'm using the servers for constitutes that I probably know more about servers than the host does half of the time.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Most fraud/abuse/problems is always CC payment ... sad

edited June 2012

@PAD if you have friends that run providers then why don't you ask them for their help and their knowledge?

• @netomx said: wanna service like gold? pay with gold.

We accept gold on request, also Silver, collector coins, diamonds and other stones with certificates.... flexible payments :p

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@William said: We accept gold on request, also Silver, collector coins, diamonds and other stones with certificates.... flexible payments :p

I hope I transmit the message

edited June 2012

@William will you take payment in the form of cat pictures?

I have many. 100% guaranteed to be pictures of cats, we don't use imitation cat so you know you're getting the real deal!

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • PADPAD Member

@HalfEatenPie

I'm looking at other hosts that accept LR, friends have obviously not had any decent results so I'm posting here and a few other places. Think I found the host I'll be using though.