Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big providers that accept LR?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Big providers that accept LR?

PADPAD Member
edited June 2012 in General

I'm looking for some VPS/Dedi providers that offer LR.

Comments

• LR?

Thanked by 1PAD
  • Ahh

• PADPAD Member

No thanks. I'm LR all the way.

• PADPAD Member

And no information on what provider @FTN_Kevin runs.

• PADPAD Member

URPad.net definitely not what I'm looking for.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@PAD said: URPad.net definitely not what I'm looking for.

Then maybe be more specific what you are looking for

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • PADPAD Member

I'm looking for a big provider, that has a pretty good selection of plans and virtualization types (Xen, VZ, KVM optional) and also offers dedicated servers.

I've been using Santrex, they're not a good provider by a long shot but they have such a huge variety of offerings and payment methods that they accept.

Unfortunately, the support is incompetent and they're blocking all of my emails that I'm trying to send out via an EXTERNAL SMTP server so they've managed to delay development of my project by ~7 days now. (That's 7 days of telling them that they're still filtering my test emails)

• PADPAD Member

I know. They're idiotic. I've purchased from 6 different locations and every IP range has been blocked.

Bottom line :

1. We have a big budget
    2. Many servers (Xen+Dedicated Servers)
    3. Accept LR

System we're developing requires at least 2 dedicated servers and at least 2 virtual servers to start off.

• TazTaz Member

Why not contact providers? For example, we offer dedicated server on quote basis.

• TazTaz Member
    edited June 2012

My reply was to pad.
    And as a business no but as a person I do accept lr.

• 0: I know. They're idiotic. I've purchased from 6 different locations and every IP range has been blocked.

Where the IP's blocked when you received them?
    We have been accepting Liberty Reserve for a while now.

• PADPAD Member

@DominicHakke

Yes. I'm not spamming, I'm sending out 12hourly update emails which is a user-based preference, we haven't even got to the point where these emails are being sent because of Santrex.

I'll take a look at your site now.

• PADPAD Member

Checked it out, can't even get off the home page.

Moving off of 'SOLUTIONS' just removes the sub menu.

• https://www.serverminds.com/dedicated/united-states.html

You gotta be really fast when moving the mouse cursor, or else the sub-menu disappears again. @DominicHakke you might wanna fix that

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited June 2012

I doubt you will find a good and legitimate provider accepting LR. LR just screams trouble.

• nabonabo Member

@PAD said: Checked it out, can't even get off the home page.

The whole text is actually just graphics. Somebody just didn't understand HTML and the purpose of the Internet.

• PADPAD Member

LR screams no bullshit. Its probably the safest method of payment a provider can accept.

• PADPAD Member

Anyway, Serverminds is not what I'm looking for, don't offer any public packages for virtual servers and their isn't enough information on their dedicated servers.

• PADPAD Member

I'm not interested in purchasing from DotVPS. :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

None of the major providers accept LR.

However, any prefered locations?

• PADPAD Member

I'm not interested in any HF related hosts for something like this, nothing run by kids, I'm looking for a legitimate business which offers a wide selection of services. I know huge hosts aren't going to accept LR but I'm pretty sure there are SOME out there that will.

• Why would a legitimate provider accept a rather 'shady' form of payment?

• nabonabo Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Why would a legitimate provider accept a rather 'shady' form of payment?

You mean credit cards?

• PADPAD Member

It isn't shady just because you don't get screwed while using it.

Yes, I have no doubt that many people use it for illegitimate purposes, but at the end of the day money is money. Let me sign up for an AlertPay account with fraudulent information, go on a spending spree, and see the faces of these hosts when they wake up 30 days later and see that they've lost a few thousand in profit because of one asshat.

Now that's an extreme scenario, but with LibertyReserve what I'm giving you is what I'm giving you. I find it funny that a merchant would NOT accept LibertyReserve because of anything that may be associated with it, its probably the safest payment method a provider can accept.

Anyway, this is just derailing my topic, as you can see I'm looking for an LR accepting hosting provider, because the costs for my project will be quite large before I take it out of development, my budget is high, and I happen to have thousands stockpiled in my LR account.

• TazTaz Member

burstnet?

• PADPAD Member

@NinjaHawk

I've had lots of experience with them in the past, I love them. Do they actually accept LR though? I swear they didn't last time I checked (a year ago or so).

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

@NinjaHawk said: burstnet?

Might be:

Special arrangements can be made for custom billing requirements. BurstNET™ accepts Visa™, Mastercard™, American Express™, Discover™, Paypal™, Bank Wire Transfers, Western Union™, Company Checks, Personal Checks, Money Orders, Electronic Checks, and Cash.

http://burst.net/guide/faq.shtml#2

• PADPAD Member

Yeah, they don't.

• TazTaz Member

@PAD Yes they do. At least when I was using their vps for dns purpose, I saw that option.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: You gotta be really fast when moving the mouse cursor, or else the sub-menu disappears again. @DominicHakke you might wanna fix that

We are aware of this, a new website is being developed by a designer since 2-3 weeks.

@nabo said: The whole text is actually just graphics. Somebody just didn't understand HTML and the purpose of the Internet.

It's not, it's a sIFR that allows to show the "non standard" fonts used on the website.

@PAD said: Anyway, Serverminds is not what I'm looking for, don't offer any public packages for virtual servers and their isn't enough information on their dedicated servers.

https://www.serverminds.com/virtual/express.html
    https://www.serverminds.com/dedicated/europe.html