Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My DirtCheap Ninja have free webhosting now - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My DirtCheap Ninja have free webhosting now

2»

Comments

• Damn you @drserver

Just bought one, for absolutely no reason than I couldn't refuse.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • BradBrad Member

@linuxthefish said:
    How are you doing clustering with vestacp? Just offloaded MySQL?

Modifying the source a ton.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2014

@Brad said:
    Modifying the source a ton.

A task for which VestaCP is an incredibly appropriate choice. Finally, a control panel based almost entirely on bash.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • emreemre Member, LIR

@Jar said:
    A task for which VestaCP is an incredible appropriate choice. Finally, a control panel based almost entirely on bash.

so what do you mean ?

vestacp is good or bad according to you ?

being based on bash is a nice thing for my thinking..

@emre said:
    vestacp is good or bad according to you ?

I'll just say this and let you decide my meaning ;)

There is nothing in this world that makes as much sense to me as bash.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@linuxthefish said: How are you doing clustering with vestacp? Just offloaded MySQL?

1st we have created 3 machines MariaDB cluster, then we made one load balancer for mysql requests with failover and self healing with haproxy. Then we installed vesta on 2nd load balancer for http requests, we created distributed storage pool with self healing option, and 5 nginx servers to serve requests, again we created load balancer on vesta install, we modified code a little bit to suit our needs and here you go. System can take loss of 2 machines in every segment and still be 100% operational

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • @drserver So, whit that infrastructure, you will not lose data or face downtime if a HDD fails? Even if the HDD will be on load balance machine? I'm only saying that because, although those dedis are incredible for their price, they have some quite old disks and, as I saw in another thread here, some of them failed immediately after purchase (despite that, I bought 3 dedis and are working great).

But, have to give you kudos for one more time for your company! What a great thought using those machines for (another) contribution to the community! And nice clustering, too. Continue being a great guy!

@jvnadr Thank you for kind words, let me explain you how things are designed in this little cluster.

1st level of balancing is DNS which is currently onsite and offsite
    2nd level of load balancing is haproxy on 3 different places

DB cluster can survive loss of 2 machines and it will still be operational + Offiste backup for every database. Performance will be slower for that moment. We have option for n+1 and cluster have self healing option.

WEB cluster is put together with 5 machines with distributed file system. Each machine have access to files and it is real time replication across whole cluster. Again system is designed to sustain loss of 2 machines in every moment with self healing option + we can spawn additional servers in cluster basically it is n+1 configuration again like in DB cluster.

Only point of possible failure is Vesta Panel it self, but it will not disrupt anything except panel access. Again we have spare server always in place.

We host all backups on our Xenstorage cluster in Chicago. Backups are automated daily.

I am not sure that there is something free deployed in this way :) and i think that we have did great job with 20€ worth cluster.

Thanked by 2JahAGR jvnadr

Quite a simple yet creative setup.

• @drserver Alpine Linux would be perfect for the Ninja series. It's a hardened Linux distribution based on musl libc and busybox. The RAM usage is very low and it's supported in XEN Dom0 and DomU. Maybe you could consider providing it: http://alpinelinux.org

1. Is it possible to pay yearly?
    2. Where are the Ninja's located?
    3. The Terms of Service pages could not be found in http://dirtcheap.ninja/tos.html or http://dirtcheap.ninja/panel/Terms of Service
    Thanked by 1drserver
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Why not purchase a hosting account instead of using free hosting?

• DewlanceVPS said: Why not purchase a hosting account instead of using free hosting?

"Why not pay for something you can have a higher quality version of for free?"

Thanked by 1drserver
    edited August 2014

@DediHigh said: Is it possible to pay yearly?

Yes, you need to open sales ticket with that request. It is possible of course.

Where are the Ninja's located?

All ninjas are in Dallas for now.

The Terms of Service pages could not be found in http://dirtcheap.ninja/tos.html or http://dirtcheap.ninja/panel/Terms of Service

Thank you for this, it will be fixed.

Alpine linux question

It will be added to templates list later. Thank you for suggestion

DewlanceVPS said: Why not purchase a hosting account instead of using free hosting?

It is full featured WEB hosting with failover option. Would you be so kind and point me any problem in using free services so we can possibly improve our free hosting offer.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @drserver , Sir, when it comes to the term "free" it seems unreliable+less cared+huge possibility to lose data+No responsibility on users data loss...

Thanked by 1drserver
    edited August 2014

obakfahad said: Sir, when it comes to the term "free" it seems unreliable+less cared+huge possibility to lose data+No responsibility on users data loss...

This is not a case here. Thank you for explanation

• Jar said: Quite a simple yet creative setup.

Indeed. Although those machines are not top-noch hardware, the creativity of Dr.Server is extraordinary and the idea of not ultra fast but free and reliable hosting is nice. Kudos!

Thanked by 1drserver

jvnadr said: not ultra fast

Thank you for kind words

it should outperform some legacy cpanel servers in any way. server x5 for every http request and server x 3 for every mysql request

• @drserver , can i get one free account if i have a service with drserver instead of ninja ?

@obakfahad open ticket, someone will make you account

Thanked by 2obakfahad sonic
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@drserver still no SSL, what a pity.

Thanked by 1drserver

@Infinity580 said:
    drserver still no SSL, what a pity.

will be solved today

• did I miss the free webhosting, it keeps telling me " You must have an active product/service to use this code" i just signed up for the $0.50 package.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@drserver still no ssl :(

@infinity580 http://prntscr.com/4it168 - waiting to be installed. little bit more...

• how much would hosting for 20 domains, with 5gb of storage cost?

theduncan said: how much would hosting for 20 domains, with 5gb of storage cost?

You can host up to five domains on your ninja account. Please note that at this moment we are not offering commercial shared hosting.

• grabbed a 1usd webhosting package at dirtcheap.ninja
    waiting for the activation...