Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM fusioned with 123Sytems/ChicagoVPS (hijacked) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM fusioned with 123Sytems/ChicagoVPS (hijacked)

13»

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    It is really sad to see these petty attacks from the community trying to sabotage and take food off peoples tables over a bit of $7 butt hurt.

Scum.

It's been going around a lot lately though, our site is still taking on SYN flooding and WAF attacks (poorly written SQLi for archaic WHMCS versions, and people trying to access a non-existent /wp-admin/ directory.)

• GoodHosting said: people trying to access a non-existent /wp-admin/

This are the Wordpress admin login bruteforcers. Pretty common since it all started months ago with a security flaw in Wordpress that was fixed already but the bruteforcers hope to find someone :).

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited August 2014

rds100 said: It's not my busyness to give them ideas, but maybe they could setup some temporary domain, so at least people have access to their client area / billing / support / etc.

We took the box our site is hosted on offline shortly after the hijack to prevent anyone from using forgot password or other tools to access client data or servers. We are changing out every password and key we use for all of our systems and external services and are confirming no compromises outside of the domain occurred. We would rather play it safe than sorry...

0xdragon said: I agree. There is a ticket that I'd like to check.

Customers having issues or needing support while the site is in maintenance mode can PM me on here or email me at [email protected]

AnthonySmith said: It is really sad to see these petty attacks from the community trying to sabotage and take food off peoples tables over a bit of $7 butt hurt.

There were even some providers who proceeded to start emailing all of their customers about transferring their VPS from us. We certainly don't enjoy people twisting knives into our backs.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @BlueVM said:
    There were even some providers who proceeded to start emailing all of their customers about transferring their VPS from us. We certainly don't enjoy people twisting knives into our backs.

That's a little unacceptable, even for my standards.

Name and shame?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited August 2014

GoodHosting said: That's a little unacceptable, even for my standards.

Already have my lawyer looking into it... I don't play the name and shame game though.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

BlueVM said: There were even some providers who proceeded to start emailing all of their customers about transferring their VPS from us. We certainly don't enjoy people twisting knives into our backs.

So bad, you should name and shame, the way it was done it was obviously someone from this community trying to do maximum damage.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

BlueVM.com is back online