Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM fusioned with 123Sytems/ChicagoVPS (hijacked) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM fusioned with 123Sytems/ChicagoVPS (hijacked)

Comments

• linuxthefish said: You are seeing this page because website has reached CPU usage limit of the server, and it was temporarily disabled.

Lol too many visits

• StacyStacy Member
    edited August 2014

Interesting.

When I do a whois in terminal all I see is this.

BLUEVM.COM.LOVEIMAGELAB.COM

BLUEVM.COM.METASURI.COM

BLUEVM.COM

• It does indeed seem the DNS information was changed at the registrar.

• MunMun Member
    edited August 2014

NM, it is just the ip of 000webhost.com

• @BlueVM said:

Best of luck in dealing with the issue. Hope to see a notice out soon.

• StacyStacy Member
    edited August 2014

I'm thinking who ever is behind this social engineered the domain registrar into resetting the email/password. I've seen it happen before a few years back on some popular forums.

• Enom or Namecheap, Either one could have been potentially tricked.
    However Namecheap is the biggest Enom reseller, BlueVM possibly could have been registered there.

I'm thinking Namecheap because they have Live Chat.

• Keep in mind that they changed the MX DNS entries too.
    So do not send any mails to BlueVM.
    And do not open emails sent from bluevm.com

• There is effectively no way to cancel an account with them until this is resolved (no control panel access, no email access).

• 12+ hours and counting...

• No new updates at this time, 000webhost are cooperating with us and the fake page has been taken down. Waiting on Namecheap to cooperate.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• @BlueVM, Namecheap has two factor authentication which is quite easy to setup and effective (2nd factor requires code being sent by text message or automated phone call).

I highly recommend that you use it.

• StacyStacy Member
    edited August 2014

Would be nice if existing customers had an alternate way of using Feathur, such as via IP Address.

• Looks like they might be under a DDoS attack as well. My VPS kept timing out and that's when I turned to WHT and LET, and noticed this thread. I took a backup just in case the hackers do more damage.

• FritzFritz Veteran

What? Did you forget to renew the domain?

• Would be nice if I can cancel the server that's due to renew soon :-)

• @mpkossen said:
    Would be nice if I can cancel the server that's due to renew soon :-)

[sarcasm] just ask @jbiloh to pass the message along [/sarcasm]

• wychwych Member

Just looks down now.

Google Chrome could not load the webpage because bluevm.com took too long to respond.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I have never been down in Buffalo. I mean the KVM, the rest didnt check.

• @Maounique said:
    I have never been down in Buffalo. I mean the KVM, the rest didnt check.

My servers with them have been running fine as well AFAIK.

• Seems like only their domain and control panel etc are down. All my 7 servers with them are still up and running fine.

• I prefer CVPS over BlueVM.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2014

Still Maintance, but for a DNS hijack so long?

• It's only their domain got hijacked. It may take longer for them to bring it back, but I assume that user's data are safe.

• It's not my busyness to give them ideas, but maybe they could setup some temporary domain, so at least people have access to their client area / billing / support / etc.

• @rds100 said:
    It's not my busyness to give them ideas, but maybe they could setup some temporary domain, so at least people have access to their client area / billing / support / etc.

I agree. There is a ticket that I'd like to check.

• wychwych Member

Can you guys not just use the main IP of the site? (If anyone knows it).

• @wych said:
    Can you guys not just use the main IP of the site? (If anyone knows it).

I don't think anyone memorizes the main IP of BlueVM ;)

• @rds100 said:
    It's not my busyness to give them ideas, but maybe they could setup some temporary domain, so at least people have access to their client area / billing / support / etc.

I'd imagine they are deliberately not doing that to prevent a massive load of tickets coming in.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It is really sad to see these petty attacks from the community trying to sabotage and take food off peoples tables over a bit of $7 butt hurt.

Scum.

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A