Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 52
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• @nhocconan said:
    At least I can order the first promotion... But for 4814, do not think there is any chance it appears again :-(

Nothing is impossible. Just wait for next offer ;)

• @nhocconan said:
    At least I can order the first promotion... But for 4814, do not think there is any chance it appears again :-(

I agree, that was a pretty sweet deal :(

• What's so special with 4184, what is it BTW?

• @c1bl said:

Mmh, I might not sleep on Cyber Monday to see if there is any stock. Hope they restock some ....

• @nhocconan said:
    Mmh, I might not sleep on Cyber Monday to see if there is any stock. Hope they restock some ....

Just go to sleep, sweet things only appear in dream ;))

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @thehray said:
    What's so special with 4184, what is it BTW?

more storage probably. heard it is 1 TB SSD.

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited November 2014

@thehray said:
    What's so special with 4184, what is it BTW?

L3426 with 2x2TB hw raid for €19.99

• Thanked by 1netomx
  • @c1bl said:
    Just go to sleep, sweet things only appear in dream ;))

I am too busy with better things than these deals in my dream :lol:

• I got the 4814 and went with RAID-1 but the space is 1.7TB is that right? I thought I'll have 2TB?

• ankittulsianankittulsian Member
    edited November 2014

@JoeBiss said:
    I got the 4814 and went with RAID-1 but the space is 1.7TB is that right? I thought I'll have 2TB

Change the RAID-1 to RAID-0 and you will see the 2TB.

• Missed the dedibox 4814 offer as well :(

• JoeBiss said: I got the 4814 and went with RAID-1 but the space is 1.7TB is that right? I thought I'll have 2TB?

Mine says 1.7TB as well because it installed with a 200GB (!) swap partition even though I only set it to 8GB when going through setup -- have you looked at your swap partition size?

• @Dylan said:
    Mine says 1.7TB as well because it installed with a 200GB (!) swap partition even though I only set it to 8GB when going through setup -- have you looked at your swap partition size?

That's because a 2 TB drive is only 1.8 TB in size. Hard drive companies use 1000 = 1 ratio instead of the proper 1024 to 1 ratio.

Thanked by 2JoeBiss netomx
  • @Maounique said:
    Seems more than alright to me. I was able to run virtualbox gimp and a few other things:
    http://imgur.com/QAsiM4h

Which OS is that?

• hostnoob said: Which OS is that?

Debian?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @JoeBiss said:
    I got the 4814 and went with RAID-1 but the space is 1.7TB is that right? I thought I'll have 2TB?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/33817/reclaim-some-free-space-on-your-server-with-this-weird-trick-kvm-xen-dedi-only

• RizRiz Member
    edited November 2014

@hostnoob said:
    Which OS is that?

ubuntu I think.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2014

TarZZ92 said: Which OS is that?

The deskop is the awesome Xfce4 which I also use on all my GNU/Linux desktops. http://www.xfce.org/
    Hard to tell which OS, this looks to be just a default configuration of Xfce.
    You can get this in Debian: https://wiki.debian.org/Xfce
    Compared to the screenshot, personally I prefer to remove the bottom panel and move the top one to the bottom.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Support just told me this:

Unfortunately this was a limited edition, we cannot restock them
  • Wait for Easter, they will probably make a new promo then.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yes... too long. :D

• too late.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2014

nvm wrong thread, sorry.

• Just logged onto my dedi via ssh. And it shows 1028 failed login attempts. Pl help me how to block it. Currently I have shutdown my dedi to stop the attempt. Did anyone else also face such problem.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2014

rm_ said: The deskop is the awesome Xfce4 which I also use on all my GNU/Linux desktops. http://www.xfce.org/

Hard to tell which OS, this looks to be just a default configuration of Xfce.
    You can get this in Debian: https://wiki.debian.org/Xfce

Compared to the screenshot, personally I prefer to remove the bottom panel and move the top one to the bottom.

Yes, my default Debian RDP setting. Since I very rarely use the desktop on remote random servers (except my central workhorse), I dont customize it.

apt-get install xfce4 iceweasel mc xrdp

That is about it, then I add what i need, in this case neede dto take a screenshot, so added screenshootter and virtualbox-ose to check out how will windows 7 work.

It does work, you can run services on it pretty well, the UI is slow and RDP and vnc are not helping in that regard, final verdict: usable, I allocated to it 1 GB ram and max 50% cpu and did not use hardware acceleration.

• Use fail2ban and also setup a firewall.

@thehray said:
    Just logged onto my dedi via ssh. And it shows 1028 failed login attempts. Pl help me how to block it. Currently I have shutdown my dedi to stop the attempt. Did anyone else also face such problem.

• Congratulations to all of you who missed the offer last time, but got a server now.

I have been depressed since yesterday, because I waited 10 minutes before ordering one and then all of the servers were gone. However, I should not be depressed at all as I got two servers last time, but when it's possible to get a dedicated server and 100GB backup space for 1,99€ the brain simply short circuit. Greed is an awful feeling.

• @praveenbhat said:
    Use fail2ban and also setup a firewall.

Also use SSH keys. That will immediately stop any attempts by the Chinese, as they know its useless to try.

• @praveenbhat said:
    Use fail2ban and also setup a firewall.

@frank said:
    Also use SSH keys. That will immediately stop any attempts by the Chinese, as they know its useless to try.

OK. Will reach home and do it ASAP. Thank you guys.