Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Zurich down for more than 3 days now
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Zurich down for more than 3 days now

rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM

Hello

Does anyone know what's going on with BlueVM's Zurich nodes?
They are now down for more than 3 days and on the BlueVM website is only a little notice:

Zurich Outage
Dear Customer,

>

We are currently aware of an issue affecting all Zurich services. We are working with our >datacenter in Zurich to get this resolved. We appreicate your patience and will update/close >this when it is resolved.

>

If you are not in Zurich this does not concern you.

>

Thank you,

>

BlueVM Management

Does someone know what's with them?

Comments

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

I've submitted a ticket three day's ago and I got only this message:

We're aware of an issue with our Zurich location. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve it with our upstream. An alert has been opened and we will update/close it when this is resolved.

• MunMun Member

Then most likely that is all they can state. Maybe their upstream has issues.

• They have problems in Zurich quite a long now. If I recall well, they told here that even think to abandon this location, because of the problems with their dc

• I was just about to renew it two days ago, but something told me that this location may never come back and even if it come, there were nothing but problems all the time, so I rather submitted cancellation.
    Apart from short note in billing panel quoted above there seems now way to find out what's going on. Several days of outage and this is it... I will never understand how lightly some hosts take situations like this.

• BlueVM are the worst. It's not the first time a node is down for several days, especially in Zurich. And when it's up the network is terrible. Only thing that is worse is their communication, which in fact doesn't exist at all. I cancelled all my services with them now.

Thanked by 2k0nsl MrZodiac
  • Don't worry you will get moved to Buffalo soon!

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • LESLES Member

Never again... bluevm!

Thanked by 1k0nsl
    edited August 2014

My VPS is back :)

• I hope BlueVM expand to more EU locations soon.

• emgemg Veteran

See my negative review of BlueVM and related comments here:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31333/bluevm-review-definitely-not-recommended-avoid-bluevm

I would ask BlueVM if they have changed their Zurich datacenter provider yet. I bet the answer is no, and my question is why not? How much pain are they willing to let their customers endure before they change providers?

Disclaimer: I am no longer a BlueVM customer. Perhaps they have suddenly achieved greatness since I dropped them.

• emgemg Veteran

@linuxthefish said:
    I hope BlueVM expand to more EU locations soon.

I hope BlueVM achieves a modicum of reliability in their existing locations before they expand to new ones.

• Their NJ location was fine for me, though I used it for a short duration (1 month) and for development purposes.

• @emg

Thanks for the bump.

There never was an issue with our actual ZU location, just the node you were on (KVM). Since you have left though our DC have resolved this problem. It was apparently a MAC limitation which was constantly being exceeded which caused the network to drop.

As for the most recent outage which affected both OpenVZ and KVM customers, this is now fully resolved and we don't expect it to happen again.

Thank you.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

As for the most recent outage which affected both OpenVZ and KVM customers, this is now fully resolved and we don't expect it to happen again.

@BlueVM as transparent as always, best of luck.

Thanked by 3orak MrZodiac ATHK

BlueVM said: this is now fully resolved and we don't expect it to happen again.

Zurich is down again since 1 day. Is it the same issue?

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited November 2014

Good luck, I've just submitted a cancellation request for all my VPS's. BlueVM has gone to shit, they used to be very good with excellent support, even if it was a little slow at times.

Here's mine:

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@rauppe31 said:
    Here's mine:

Got to love that unscheduled uptime :p

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Got to love that unscheduled uptime :p

Definitely! If it weren't for unscheduled uptime there wouldn't be any uptime at all, with BlueVM

Thanked by 1ATHK

Message from BlueVM-Support:

We are aware. The datacenter is totally out.

• @BlueVM was saying how they wanna quit from ZU location an year back.. I dont understand why they are still there, when the provider isnt stable enough..

• I've had nothing but issues with my KVM VPS with BlueVM located in Zurich. So far it's been down 95+ days and every time I reply to my ticket to ask what's happening I just get a load of shit from some "engineer" (I use this word lightly) about how they do not have any staff at this location to fix the problem.

I then made a slight joke about having to celebrate with cake on the 100th day of downtime along with asking for more information regarding any refund or when the service will be back online and my ticket was simply set to the "Answered" state which I thought was rather rude and inconsiderate seeing as my server has been down for quite a while now.

One lesson I have learned from this - Don't pay up front for any long period of time as they will only fuck you over and leave you out of pocket.

Great job BlueVM, you are horrendous.

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited November 2014

Similar to @Cameron, Once had a VPS with BlueVM in Zurch and I can safely say it worked for about 7months then for 5months I wasn't able to even access, ping or use the VPS, it didn't even exist on the panel at times even though I'd paid. Safe to say I didn't renew any of my VPS with them although I had 5 due to the fact their network was never accessible whenever I needed to use it. "99.98" is what I appreciate but I was getting less than 90%? For Zurich, who knows? 20%? 10%? I didn't even try to find out.

The fact their Chicago nodes were down, they carried on leaving them down rather than fixing them, it's awful.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2014

@rauppe31 said:
    Message from BlueVM-Support:

We are aware. The datacenter is totally out.

Maybe everything goes over one switch and it turns the DC off, if BlueVM can't handle that, we should send Jesus to turn the Switch back on.

• hopefully they just migrate to premium buffalo

its practically EU anyways

• @Infinity580 said:

Maybe everything goes over one switch and it turns the DC off, if BlueVM can't handle that, we should send Jesus to turn the Switch back on.

• Zurich node still down..down..down...

• Same experience:
    https://vpsboard.com/topic/1893-bluevm-openvz-512-mb-ch
    Cancled my vps in August.