Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for investment suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for investment suggestions

You have internet access and about a 3000 $ in savings. How would you spend the money wisely to make more money from it - atleast 200 $ a month.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

You don't. That amount of money is not worth investing and if that's all you have the best "investment" is to keep it for an emergency.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Profforg
  • I don't think such an investment exists.

• Invest it in education to get a qualification and get a real job and make more than $200/month.

• Well lets suppose I don't need money for an emergency and I don't want to get an education and get a real job........

I am looking for suggestion on how to put my 3000 $ in right place to make more money from it.

• stallion said: Well lets suppose I don't need money for an emergency and I don't want to get an education and get a real job........

I am looking for suggestion on how to put my 3000 $ in right place to make more money from it.

Purchase 50 domain with Google Apps Standard Edition Accounts from me and sell them by making a website or through auction and make more than $200. LoL

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited August 2014

stallion said: I am looking for suggestion on how to put my 3000 $ in right place to make more money from it.

So, let's do the calculations.

$3000. $200/month = $2400/year. That's roughly 80% interest p.a.?

If any investment pays back that good without any risks, education or effort, we'd all be celebrating and the world would be a better place.

Or am I from a different world?

• Win a lotto, then you have more than 200$ / month.

• First off, big investments usually yield bigger returns (provided the investment is successful). In your case, you'd want to invest in your education and take Business/Economics courses and learn the Stock Market. Work the pole a bit, save some money to invest into the market, learn to buy low/sell high, there's your profit. However, you really have to know what you're doing in the Stock Market to make it big, because in the Stock Market, every winner means there's a loser.

• imperioimperio Member
    edited August 2014

You can purchase a web site having monthly revenue between $100-$200 for $3000.

https://flippa.com

• buy a website in a field you're interested in and develop it further.

usually sites for sale will have something like adsense on them and all other things being equal, you'd get a return on your investment after 1x to 3x years.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

give it to me and I will give you a $200 p month return for 12 months.

Thanked by 2orak switsys
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    give it to me and I will give you a $200 p month return for 12 months.

I'll do one better, give it to me and I will return $250/month for a full year (minus paypal fees).

Thanked by 2orak hashwaltz
  • I'm hoping you mean that you have $3k and are looking at adding $200/mo to some sort of investments. Because if you're trying to get $200/mo out of $3k, that's not going to happen.

Invest in the MCSI World Index fund. It's a diversified ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) of all the stock markets in the world.

http://www.ishares.com/us/products/239696/ishares-msci-world-etf

It's where most of my investment portfolio is.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

If you are thinking like invest in hosting 3000 and get out 200 P/M , sure that can happen, but there is risk and at the current market your odds are 30% for win / 70% for loose. If you are willing to risk i recommend you to buy your self server capable of doing 200 - 300 usd profits on ebay and pay colo/ips for a year. In one year you should get to the point that you will get 200 usd per month or loose everything.

• imperio said: You can purchase a web site having monthly revenue between $100-$200 for $3000.

Can you really?

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Try hyip but choose wisely.

Thanked by 1orak
  • NullMindNullMind Member
    edited August 2014

@stallion said:
    You have internet access and about a 3000 $ in savings. How would you spend the money wisely to make more money from it - atleast 200 $ a month.

Frankly, an easy 80% return on such a small investment is about 15-17 years too late, in the late 90's you could easily do that by day trading all day long, but it did meant 8+ hour work and many more in research, I did it for a few years before the bubble burst in 2000, and did manage to more than double my money every year, but I was dealing with allot more money, otherwise I would starve.

I did had pockets of 2-5K from family members who asked me to invest for them (hmm, I guess I was running my own small hedge fund :) ), and was lucky to have made (mostly) right choices, but today I am not sure I would attempt it, markets are allot more stable and people are more informed, back in those days information was available to the right people who knew where to find it, today it's all wide open.

But if you are asking, can I "park" this money somewhere that will give me an 80% return, no, no such thing exists, can you use that as funding to start a business that will give you even bigger returns, yes, but requires work and the right idea.

Thanked by 2stallion orak
  • ztecztec Member

If you mean spending $3000,- and get $200,- a month in return. I might be able to help you. PM for Skype.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited August 2014

Instructions to becoming rich overnight:

1.) Wait for the summer season.

2.) Buy a cheap box with ColoCrossing.

3.) Install SolusVM + WHMCS.

4.) Post ad on LE*.

5.) Watch the $$$ roll in.

• @stallion said:
    Well lets suppose I don't need money for an emergency and I don't want to get an education and get a real job........

If you're considering getting into the hosting business, then you may not be on the right track, and these $3000.00 might be your capital for 2~3 months if you want to offer something decent. If you truly want to "invest", then open an IRA or a savings account or something. Not needing the money right now is not a good enough reason to spend it. Sometimes the best investment is to not spend your money.

• BITCOIN!

• @Blanoz said:
    BITCOIN!

Sarcasm?

• If you really want to try your hand go into a room for the next week or so and write down every good and bad product or bussnes idea once you have one split ur budget into thrids. 1 for development (you will most likly need to do it ur self,) one for hosting ur company for the next year and one for marketing. if ur lucky you will have made something that will give you more money back.

• If you think you know what you're doing in the stock market, go trade on margin, CFDs, etc.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • No one can guarantee returns on such investment / and if you are actually looking forward to step into the hosting industry i'd suggest you first study the market , what they looking for , where are they looking for , how much do they expect it to be , how reliable they want it to get. These things matter , and for this I'd say 200$ is no where close to giving them what they want @ the price they are expecting / ( you'd be running in loss for atleast 3~6 months ) before actually earning anything.

• It typically boils down to more risk = more return. stick it in a bank account and you're lucky to get above inflation interest.

lump it all on a penny stock and you may lose all your money, or may make multiples of your initial investment.

I suggest buying a website because it's somewhat tangible.

• .. and within your control

• $200/month from $3000?

One thing came to mind, Forex trading. I use to trade, stopped due to my heart can't take all the excitement any more.

Or you can do Internet Marketing. Go to Warrior Forum or Blackhatworld. Do some research on how to make money, buy some guide/product and put your full time on it.

PPC, Adsense? Sure. Spin up a blog, invest on SEO,usually black hat method. Easier said than done though.

• EM5EM5 Member

A 8% bank interest would yield $20/m (for a $3000 deposit). You are expecting 10 times more. If you want $200/m , you have to do some work or have a $30000 deposit.