Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Question] Collection agencies worldwide - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Question] Collection agencies worldwide

13»

Comments

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited August 2014

This was never really a hidden thing.

Thanked by 1Wintereise
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited August 2014

@ihatetonyy said:
    This was never really a hidden thing.

Some people are somehow more blind than me, and I'm actually legally blind.

• It does not seem like there is much of a reason to have an issue with significant quantities of overdue invoices from the DNS service, but I believe he stated that the debts he is looking to collect on are from a different area of their business. I've found being less aggressive and contacting the customers persuasively is effective in closing a fair amount of otherwise unpaid invoices, just keep the tap running for enough time so that you can imply your intentions of non-interrupted customer service as the primary goal and appeal to their sense of fairness if possible, maybe remind them that you had already paid your bills in order to deliver the service they requested and received from you under an agreement that they would pay you, you can also offer to accept a slightly reduced amount as well. Sorry I don't have specific collection information for you, but I thought I would at least share what I've found as a strategy that can yield results without using intimidation / harassment.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

I think our pricing model is simple and transparent, there are no hidden fees and you can track your usage in almost real time (we refresh the stats every 5 minutes). As I said the DNS is just one part of our business, we have few more expensive services. @Wintereise - it's not new problem to us, in fact we have a problem with one of the collection agencies and want to replace it with other. @texteditor - if you do not like our pricing model or do not trust us there is whole bunch of other DNS providers. @Radical_Edward - true, that's exactly my point, unfortunately we have few customers which we are unable to contact (tried almost all traditional methods except smoke signs and Morse code on AM :)).

• The problem with international debt collection is that is it different within each country, dependant on local regulations. In many countries the level of debt will be too small to justify debt collections, and I have yet to see a decent debt collection agency that operates internationally.

Regarding your business model, its not the worst I have seen, but I still find slightly dishonest if there is no notice & opt-out option for a customer when they move from the free level to the paid level. My bet (from reading T&C and comments here) is that these debts would anyway be unenforceable in EU due to the EU Directive on Consumer Rights.

@8420PR - the request for debt collection agencies recommendations was sent from our financial team. I just looked into the numbers and the 50€ is just a filter value. From 12 customers 10 of them owe us more than 500€ and probably they were involved in some illegal activity (our financial team works close with authorities on this issue). Right now we have two options: sell the debt to collection agency or hire local lawyers. In our opinion selling the debt will be more cost efficient.

Guys - we are providing the service to you (even this forum use our DNS service) and I'm sure that all of you (maybe except @texteditor) know that we are not a scam.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited August 2014

I like the billing method of zonomi.com alot, you deposit a amount of money on your account and after that they charge based on the amount of active domain zones + records inside of it - you'd be paying a small price every x month. This way you never get surprised with a large bill because if you don't refill your credit they cut you off. On top of that they send you an email every time they bill your account, that email shows your remaining account credit.

• @gbshouse said:
    I think our pricing model is simple and transparent, there are no hidden fees and you can track your usage in almost real time (we refresh the stats every 5 minutes). As I said the DNS is just one part of our business, we have few more expensive services. Wintereise - it's not new problem to us, in fact we have a problem with one of the collection agencies and want to replace it with other. texteditor - if you do not like our pricing model or do not trust us there is whole bunch of other DNS providers. Radical_Edward - true, that's exactly my point, unfortunately we have few customers which we are unable to contact (tried almost all traditional methods except smoke signs and Morse code on AM :)).

What I am wondering though: Are you somehow counting differently to other providers? I moved from DNSmadeEasy and never had more than 1m requests per month:

Now with rage4 there are a lot more requests:

@tr1cky - from our experience it's related to differences in DNS server software used (including DNSSEC mode if used), caching, EDNS0 support and the scale of the network