Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr - Website revamp + $5 free credit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr - Website revamp + $5 free credit

J1021J1021 Member
edited August 2014 in General

Looks like the Vultr website has taken a revamp. Also a new offer of $5 credit for new customers, doesn't look like any payment is required.

Looking good @DaveA ;) Will the client panel be revamped in due course?

Comments

• peetscottpeetscott Member
    edited August 2014

It looks really really nice, I really like that kind of website design :)

• Yes my vultr will follow. Thanks!

• ztecztec Member

Doesn't look anything like DigitalOcean's site...

• IWMHIWMH Member
    edited August 2014

@ztec said:

I agree. Flat design :)

• ztecztec Member

@trexos said:
    You have to add 5$ PayPal or add a CC :(

Yeah, fake free credit. :(

• You have to add 5$ PayPal or add a CC :(

• @ztec said:

Well duh! One says "DigitalOcean" and the other says "Vultr"! (just kidding)

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited August 2014

trexos said: You have to add 5$ PayPal or add a CC :(

Nothing new then as they were running the double credit promo for an age. Looks like that is over now.

• activecouponactivecoupon Member
    edited August 2014

@DaveA: Double credit has ended ?

• @NodeKid said:
    added a cc then removed it without crediting account, used the 2 twitter promos and got $7 in total free credit; cheers for the heads up kcaj

Congrats @nodekid, a real sleuth!

• @nodekid - Sure, how much do you want?

• @NodeKid That's a bit much.

• @nodekid write a number on a sheet of paper. take a photo with your phone. copy it from your phone to your pc. upload it to imgur and send the link to dave.

• @DaveA, if I add a ballance using Paypal, but not using the service, or make one vm for testing and after finished I destroy it, will the credit remain on the system or it will be expired?

• @NodeKid said:
    DaveA I'm open to anything

So is the willing maiden.

• @activecoupon said:
    DaveA: Double credit has ended ?

it seems ended

• @ztec said:

Agreed, it just a standard template for all cloud hosting provider. :)

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    DaveA, if I add a ballance using Paypal, but not using the service, or make one vm for testing and after finished I destroy it, will the credit remain on the system or it will be expired?

+1

• n0myn0my Member

@activecoupon said:
    DaveA: Double credit has ended ?

@DaveA Can you please confirm?

• Vultr is decent. They sure witn @Pricing and Location Diversity. But the I/O does not outperform all the competition though :-)

• said: Also a new offer of $5 credit for new customers, doesn't look like any payment is required.

$5 to try our platform! - Link a valid payment method and we'll add $5 in credit to your account!

That is joke, My prepaid card has $4.85 in it. And when I add billing info it says;
    "Unable to process your payment: Credit Card number does not appear to be valid."

• @TheKiller - That's most unfortunate. We'll look into why your pre-card with $4.85 in it is being denied by our system....

• Payment is required. I think you need to add a minimum of $5.00 and they match it. When Vultr first launched, they matched any first deposit for up to $100.00 --- was a cool offer actually :)

• @DalekofSkaro - We do not require any payment to receive the $5 with a valid CC.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited August 2014

@DaveA - I just added a credit card (first time billing info) and did not get the $5.

• Not responsive :'(

• @dylan - Open a ticket and DM the Ticket Number to me so I can look at it.

• DaveA, any answer to my question? or any member can answer me?

• @erawanarifnugroho - If you added funds, lets say $10, and used a server for a couple days (let's say $1 in fees), you'd have $9 remaining. This money will remain on your account for your use in the future.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Thank you for the answer, I will add some funds at my account now :)

Currently I'm using iwStack, and had been there for more than 1 years, and my credit still there, so I need to make a confirmation.

Some other cloud provider did mention to me that my credit would expire if I don't have an active services.

• @DaveA said:
    erawanarifnugroho - If you added funds, lets say $10, and used a server for a couple days (let's say $1 in fees), you'd have $9 remaining. This money will remain on your account for your use in the future.

I'll gladly take $10 for my hobby projects. ;-)