Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what do you think of SolusVM 1.8?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So what do you think of SolusVM 1.8?

LV_MattLV_Matt Member
edited September 2011 in General

So just wondering what you guys think of the recent changes to SolusVM?

Just incase you havent seen the changes here is a few images:

Enhanced: http://www.soluslabs.com/screenshots/enhanced/enhanced.png
Clean Blue: http://wiki.solusvm.com/images/e/ef/Manage.jpg

So do you like / dislike the changes?

Edit: This is what we did as I wasn't 100% sure on the new SolusVM (http://mylovevps.com/sv)

Comments

• Personally, I think that looks worse than the current interface.

• kylixkylix Member
    edited September 2011

The new interface makes me have eye-cancer. The old version looks much cleaner and professional. The new one looks like a private bulletin board system. Really bad.

• Xeoncross said: Personally, I think that looks worse than the current interface.

kylix said: The new interface makes me have eye-cancer. The old version looks much cleaner and professional. The new one looks like a private bulletin board system. Really bad.

I have to agree on that I must say.

I spent a few minutes playing around with this and Sam Asante's cPanel Design and made this:

http://cl.ly/2o1U1J0d3q2b2y1v2J3g/o

I have permission for this obviously.

• That looks really nice. Even though I would make the blue buttons and the left side a bit lighter because it drives the attention away from the text. It always forces the eye to focus on the blue color. But in general much better!

• Absolutely horrible looks so old! This isn't 2003 its 2011.

• @Matt you should make the start stop restart etc buttons like the old solus.

• net said: @Matt you should make the start stop restart etc buttons like the old solus.

I will be updating it so thanks for the feedback.

kylix said: That looks really nice. Even though I would make the blue buttons and the left side a bit lighter because it drives the attention away from the text. It always forces the eye to focus on the blue color. But in general much better!

Thanks, ill pass that onto Sam for you.

• Same here. I really disliked the new SolusVM interface.

• Looks like I'm the only one who likes new SolusVM template :P

• It's a good beat and easy to dance to.

As an interface, I don't like the images either. I don't like tabs like that. Just makes things harder to reach by adding a click. Doesn't sound like much but when I'm on networks that take a minute or so to load....

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2011

The new design makes me want to puke, eat it, and puke again.

• Always knew that iKocka was the weird one of the bunch. :)

The sad thing is that someone somewhere thought this was a good idea.

• LongShotLongShot Member
    edited September 2011

Looks like a mobile media site for on-the-go management. Anyone taken a look at it on their Droid or iPhone/iPad/iPod?

• It looks like wordpress or blog.
    but it is ok when you use to it.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited September 2011

Indeed it's "illegal" :p Maybe the current design is the reason why most won't probably like that new thing.

I would suggest keeping the current widely-popular design, and adding just a few tweaks, e.g. gradients and/or glassy buttons, would probably make users happier than the other route.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Solus needs to stop wasting their time on things like this and work on more important problems like their piss poor implementation of ipv6.

It's crap like this that made us just say screw it and did stallion.

Francisco

• Argh. 123systems just updated to this ugly design. Time to cancel the VPS I have with them.

• @Francisco: It's crap like this that made us just say screw it and did stallion.

Can you post a screen shot of Stallion? Thanks!

• LongShot said: Can you post a screen shot of Stallion? Thanks!

Keep it on topic :)

kylix said: Argh. 123systems just updated to this ugly design. Time to cancel the VPS I have with them.

Cancelling just because of that wow.

• @kylix LOOOOOOOOOOOL cancer xDDD

Yes, is ugly :|

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

LongShot said: Can you post a screen shot of Stallion? Thanks!

For now it's just using a modified version of the old solus skin but one of our customers is finishing the touches on a completely new interface he designed for us.

I'll post screenshots when i get sent the PSD's ;)

Francisco

• Cancelling just because of that wow.

I wanted to cancel anyway. But this makes the decision easier. I actually hate it when companies change the GUI while a contract is active. I also don't change the way I pay during the contract.

• Vooservers also updated to this design.I didn't like it at all , if they want to do that at least add a link or setting to the old theme.

• @kylix The company in this case has no choice, Solus forces the new GUI to all hosts (which choose to update their SolusVM version to the latest version).

• kylixkylix Member
    edited September 2011

@rds100: That's even worse. Is there no way for the provider to install the old theme?

Vooservers also updated to this design.I didn't like it at all , if they want to do that at least add a link or setting to the old theme.

+1

• @kylix Alas, no. The old theme is still there but when you select it - it is totally broken, nothing works at all (probably because they got rid of speedy).

• cedriccedric Member
    edited September 2011

I still think Stallion is better.

C

• iKocka said: Looks like I'm the only one who likes new SolusVM template :P

I like the new one a lot better, it is very straight forward. I like the minimalistic approach.

• The new design is too much like a mobile site.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited September 2011

After checking it in real world, in one of my VPS, it's now better than the older theme in my eyes.

But hey, they say old is gold! So I'm not blaming all thoughts too ;)