Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpu prices are becoming cheper still no cheap Dedicated cpu in hosting world - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpu prices are becoming cheper still no cheap Dedicated cpu in hosting world

2»

Comments

• TACServersTACServers Member
    edited December 2014

@TheLonely - FDCServers, Chicago, IL.

• @GoodHosting said:
    We offer dedicated CPU power on all our OpenNebula Enterprise Cloud plans.

Yea, I can confirm that, abuse CPU 100% 24/7 and VPSes still perform well.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    ad0

What your suggesting is simply not possible for the reasons already stated. I mean I have a few old machines lying around that I was going to colo for something/anything than being wasted.

But I don't mind admitting I near shat myself when I powered up all the boxes with a meter on it, one was drawing 1.8A, the power cost kills it dead.

This is what I'm seriously afraid of when it comes to Colo.

• LeeLee Veteran

@0xdragon said:

I see a lot of people buying old kit from ebay and the like without considering power draw.

Don't get me wrong I got a few from there myself but you need to calculate the power not just on idle but when your cpu(s) plus drives are all running at a decent level to really know what you will need power wise.

I made that mistake the very first time I sent a server down to telehouse and after a couple of weeks I got a "yeah, going to need to charge you another £25 a month for power" email. Why? Because I only tested the power draw on idle.

• @W1V_Lee said:

Owch!