Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server + Foot == pain - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server + Foot == pain

2»

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I got run over on my foot by a VW golf today, while running to the synagouge to take my Geography exam..

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2012

:o
    You take exams at synagogue or you go pray before them ? I hope it is the latter.
    I was run over my foot by a small truck, about 2.5-3 tons (IS). Was not that bad, no blood and no pain after a couple of days.
    M

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

Nope it's the former, it's because my school is damn cheap and doesn't even have a proper hall, they rob me of £10K/annum. If I started a rant about my school it would last pages and pages.. Ofsted are coming tomorrow and they called us for an 'emergency assembly' to tell us what to say to the inspectors on how 'good' the school in and what to write in the questionaires they give us.. it's a joke.

Once I've left and got my references to my next school it'll be bye bye to their reputation and marketing team and senior managemement.. I think I should make a website exposing them but I'd need multiple class C IPs for SEO trololololol.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @bijan588 as a crazed lunatic, I reccomend running around, the pain may subside.

As somewhat, a sensible adult, I reccomend you keep it dry, lie on a bed and raise your leg to be atleast 1-2 feet elevation (to stop the blood..) Let it clot up, and clean the wound. If walking is extremely painful, get seen by a doctor!

Some aftermath; Your nail will bruise and fall off, this will be a horrible few weeks / month.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited June 2012

@Maounique said: In some situations might do more harm than good. I mean, dropping something so heavy might bend the steel and keep your toe squashed, imagine running to find a wrench or something to cut yourself loose...

M

Mythbusters

• @eastonch said: Some aftermath; Your nail will bruise and fall off, this will be a horrible few weeks / month.

:( Will that part hurt?

• Also, it keeps on opening up and bleeding if I walk on it..> wut do?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited June 2012

@bijan588 Ouch. I'd recommend getting a pair of steel toe work boots when lifting/working with heavy equiptment. I'd say you got off pretty lightly.

@bijan588 said: :( Will that part hurt?

No, shouldn't feel any pain but it will be annoying. It should go purple or black and fall/hang off after a few weeks, with a new nail growing underneath which should be good as new.

It's happened to me three times, once when I opened the freezer and a big ball of frozen chicken fell on my toe, another time when I caught it under a door, and also when I dropped a heavy marble ornament on my foot.

@bijan588 said: Also, it keeps on opening up and bleeding if I walk on it..> wut do?

Read this, you seriously do not want it becoming infected.

• JohnGJohnG Member

@bijan588 said: Also, it keeps on opening up and bleeding if I walk on it..> wut do?

Umm... don't do that?

• @bijan588 said: Also, it keeps on opening up and bleeding if I walk on it..> wut do?

Try to keep your foot as still as possible. Rest it on an elevated surface (foot should be above your heart) if you can, apply direct pressure and take it easy on the walking for now. I would also try to put ice on it to reduce any swelling or inflammation.

• @bijan588 said: Also, it keeps on opening up and bleeding if I walk on it..> wut do?

Give me your company for free!

Thanked by 1bijan588
  • @PytoHost said: Give me your company for free!

Fo sho, it took me forever to get on to the main section on MCF, not giving it up that fast :)

• Don't listen to @PytoHost! He's a phony!

• @bijan588 said: Fo sho, it took me forever to get on to the main section on MCF, not giving it up that fast :)

But....that $10 business certificate ;(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

only glancing off the steel toe to cut right above where it ended.
    Yeah, I rather cut a toe than a whole half of the foot.
    They might be right, tho, on an oil rig you are more likely to get your toe into something much worse than just a computer case falling over.
    M

• @bijan588 go see a doctor, if it's that volatile, you're going to need to see somebody, they'll bandage it properly, or maybe even just leave it to get air, but please, please make sure it never gets infected.

• yah go get a tetanus with the pertussis booster (Whooping Cough). Probably due anyways if you're over 20.

• Just to know: tetanus is unrelated to rust but strictly related to dirty.
    Sometimes rusted metal happen not to be sterilized.

• KMyersKMyers Member

We normally use Server + Head = PAIN