Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New GVH Deals! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New GVH Deals!

Comments

• please ban the OP.

has anyone noticed how calm and pleasant things have been around here since this shitty host has been banned ?

• @darkshire said:
    please ban the OP.

has anyone noticed how calm and pleasant things have been around here since this shitty host has been banned ?

which is bad, no? LETers love drama!

• gihangihan Member

Hey guys may i know why you all have banned GVH here?

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited July 2014

@wcypierre said:
    which is bad, no? LETers love drama!

no, its nice.
    its a nicer place now that they are gone.

• Who are the other 2 you would like to see gone?

darkshire said: no, its nice. its a nicer place now that 1 out of 3 scum hosts are gone.

• J1021J1021 Member

@darkshire said:
    please ban the OP.

Yeh, how pleasant.

• @darkshire Why edit your post?

• souensouen Member

gihan said: Hey guys may i know why you all have banned GVH here?

Assuming it is an actual question, staff banned the GVH account as sort of a way to let things cool down after a chain of events: technical issues with vps ip reassignment after a migration, multiple LET accounts suspected to be the same person (one of the accounts supposedly belonged to the new company CEO after an announced resignation), server breach (employee and customer db leaked), and suggestion of suicide (which got people concerned and asked police to check on the individual). That is the summary, for details a search will show the forum threads. The company has a ... distinctive track record and likely because of that some people are tired of seeing topics about it, like giving banned provider publicity/potential sales.

Anyhow, I don't think OP should be banned if he isn't affiliated, he probably didn't know as some people don't research before purchase or follow the provider news much.

• @souen said:
    Anyhow, I don't think OP should be banned if he isn't affiliated, he probably didn't know as some people don't research before purchase or follow the provider news much.

nope;
    OP knew:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/638455/#Comment_638455

Thanked by 2Licensecart souen
  • @souen said:

From what I understood, Jonny is banned - not GreenValueHost. In fact, the account named "GreenValueHost" was banned, but just because that account was being used by Jonny. GreenValueHost is free to have another representative here if he uses his own account.

Thanked by 1souen
  • BradBrad Member
    edited July 2014

EDIT:

12:31 AM (0 minutes ago)

to me

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited July 2014

@luissousa said:
    From what I understood, Jonny is banned - not GreenValueHost. In fact, the account named "GreenValueHost" was banned, but just because that account was being used by Jonny. GreenValueHost is free to have another representative here if he uses his own account.

• souensouen Member

The thread was about their community forum announcement and comments suggesting the employee is a potentially fake identity, it's not directly related to the ban? If he knew, well ... Maybe recourse would be to sink the thread to not give it publicity? Ban seems a bit much, but if there is already clear policy about such posts then certainly, it should be treated accordingly.

• souensouen Member
    edited July 2014

luissousa said: From what I understood, Jonny is banned - not GreenValueHost. In fact, the account named "GreenValueHost" was banned, but just because that account was being used by Jonny. GreenValueHost is free to have another representative here if he uses his own account.

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, that is how I understood it, the "account" is banned. However, I can't remember if it also came with any restriction regarding posting offers for a certain time, which might effect posts by representatives (again, not sure what the treatment would be for someone else posting for them other than it being frowned upon.)

Either way, I'm not bothered by it, just responding because someone asked. :)

• The only affiliation that I have with GVH is being a customer of theirs.

That said, it's become quite apparent that some of you really don't appreciate the fact that I posted the GVH offers email that I received, despite the fact that the provider (Jon, basically) has been banned from LET.

I've removed the post in question.

Cheers

Thanked by 3darkshire netomx Amitz
  • wychwych Member

What even is this thread?

• @wych said:
    What even is this thread?

I posted GVH's latest email with coupons for oversold servers for a discussion but apparently that's a no-no since the guy running the show was banned.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Why do people are too whiners?!

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Floris said:

That's what Jon said, but he is still here...

• W1V_Lee said: That's what Jon said, but he is still here...

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited July 2014

Fucks sake folks, it's a repost of a fucking offer email, no-one soils themselves over it being done for other hosts, even when said host was banned. All you've done is give GVH a bucketload more advertising by whining, you daft bastards.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: no-one soils themselves over it

I beg to differ, I spent 10 minutes cleaning my mess up.

• @ihatetonyy said:

dat react.

Thanked by 1Floris
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@W1V_Lee said:
    I beg to differ, I spent 10 minutes cleaning my mess up.

More than happy to edit my original post if I've caused undue offence.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    Fucks sake folks, it's a repost of a fucking offer email, no-one soils themselves over it being done for other hosts, even when said host was banned. All you've done is give GVH a bucketload more advertising by whining, you daft bastards.

Nekki, you've done it again :D made my day.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

darkshire said: dat react.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • That was the company, that once canceled all of their shared hosting account because "they were not making much money out of them" right ?

• @iClickAndHost said:
    That was the company, that once canceled all of their shared hosting account because "they were not making much money out of them" right ?

Yep and resellers and then started shared again, when a complaint comes in the same excuse comes out of that little boy's mouth.

Thanked by 1infolink
  • sepeisepei Member

@iClickAndHost said:
    That was the company, that once canceled all of their shared hosting account because "they were not making much money out of them" right ?

What they have done?

• LeeLee Veteran

@sepei said:

What they have done?

To be honest and like it or not, they are doing what most providers around here and on WHT can't do. Attract customers on a scale that causes a lot of envy.

Not saying it's right and I am not saying they are good, because they are not, but whichever way you look at customers still flock to them whilst others struggle to get a few.

Thanked by 1mpkossen