Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 per YEAR VPS? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5 per YEAR VPS?

1235»

Comments

• 96mb96mb Member

Seems all the comments posted by me have been removed on the WHT post as well. But the mods also removed any post saying they are linked to UptimeVPS....

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Oh this is starting to get good...

• Seems like WHT didnt accept the proof provided

• @JoeMerit said: Seems like WHT didnt accept the proof provided

The only thing shocking about that is you managed to get a response within a day. WHT is a complete joke.

Thanked by 2djvdorp klikli
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@JoeMerit said: Seems like WHT didnt accept the proof provided

That's one more reason why it's a good thing this was posted here.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • LESLES Member
    edited June 2012

@taipres said: WHT is a complete joke.

They've deleted all warnings.

Edit: The WHT offer is gone

• 96mb96mb Member

Now I am thinking if I should get a DDOS protection for my little site for this "marketing" effort, LOL :)

Thanked by 2djvdorp Liam
  • earlearl Member

For what it's worth I think all "too good to be true" offers should be posted on LET as this thread is a testament of the kind of scrutiny that we can put a host thorough..

Thanked by 1jar
  • lumaluma Member

@96mb Thank you for the heads up, Thank you for the info and Thank you for maintaining your little blog. I love reading it and it has helped me make some LEB decisions.

Don't let the jackasses get to you.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@JoeMerit said: But come on, the guy exposed LET users

Geee... So lets shut down the internet since it exposes ppl to scams... Or shut down life because that way nobody will ever be scammed...
    Ppl, i see this kind of talk mostly in environments where barriers are about to be put against free speech.
    We dont allow you to speak out because you can expose our users to you devious ideas and unholy thoughts.
    If we dont trust our users to make the judgement for themselves, even on a 5 buck scam, then why not ban everyone and protect the site with a password...
    I would like to think everyone here can afford 5 bucks for fun and nobody really moves their life on a vps hosted by a 2 weeks company. If they do, at least they wont do it next time, if they continue to do it, well, you cant save them from themselves, they will probably go to Nigeria to do oil business or get their inheritance they found out about in a mail.
    M

Thanked by 1Pats
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Maounique said: If we dont trust our users to make the judgement for themselves, even on a 5 buck scam, then why not ban everyone and protect the site with a password...

Are you defending a scammer here?

Please say i'm wrong.

Francisco

I am defending the LET users. I personally dont feel the need for a nanny, I bet many others feel the same.
    M

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Maounique said: I am defending the LET users. I personally dont feel the need for a nanny, I bet many others feel the same.

M

Aah this discussion again (not from you, others).

Some want the heads up, others feel like you do "Make your own mistakes"

It's not a bad thing to inform the community and show them what things to look out for :)

Francisco

edited June 2012

@Francisco said: It's not a bad thing to inform the community and show them what things to look out for :)

Correct, but Joe was talking about !informing the ppl in order to protect them.
    I dont agree with that.
    M

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • PatsPats Member
    edited July 2012

Ahh.. there goes another opportunity to buy... on 1st page i was looking up for link here & there (maybe cursing @96mb also) searched WHT also but not found...
    but at then end of my reading.. having a cup of coffee.. wanna have half-cup @96mb ? :)

• PatsPats Member

@Maounique said: I would like to think everyone here can afford 5 bucks for fun

i disagree.. i don't have 5 bucks for fun.. i have kept for 2 more 32mb from @Damian if i succeed on pushing my 1st 32mb to live :P

but rest of your post 'I Agree' :)