Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving to VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving to VPS

2»

Comments

• 96mb96mb Member

@Aldryic you should teach MBA courses! I am pretty sure it is not bad as a part time job, they probably pay better than Fran, LOL

• 96mb96mb Member

@bijan588 My 0.02: Linode sell their boxes for 20 bucks min and yet they sell thousands of them a year, BuyVM sell boxes for 15 a year and they are sold out all the time. Why? Because Linode is targeting to the high end market and they make sure their VPS and services are to that level, BuyVM, on the other hand, provide really nice boxes (minus the network, but network is better since the move :) ) at really great price.

The key is not to be the best, the key is to find an area you are good at, and focus on that area and make sure how much you charge shows that.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @96mb said: Because Linode is targeting to the high end market and they make sure their VPS and services are to that level,

agree. my bad experiences with linode it was only (as far as i remember) a couple hour downtime, and that was completely the HE.net problem.

@bijan588 my only advices keep focus on your product (KVM/OVZ/Xen/bla2), don't use (sell) multiple virtualization technology on the first time. and then you can provide better/great support base on your knowledge.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@bijan588 said: That node is boss, upgraded it to 32GB of ram, and its holding steady.

If your using it for MC, great, if you are going to use it of OpenVZ, get a raid card, or you will be in a world of pain as everyone complains of slow disk

Thanked by 1klikli
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

he is good at minecraft.... i think he mastered it.

• tmn29atmn29a Member

I'm gonna agree with the others. Either have a above average service or a below average price, but to answer your questions directly :

1.) What are some good prices

Depends, as said above.

2.) OpenVZ or Xen

OpenVZ (and later KVM)

3.) ipv6 opinion

Would be nice, but don't focus on it. As someone else said here, most users just want it because it's new. There's ATM no real use for it for most ppl.

• @miTgiB said: If your using it for MC, great, if you are going to use it of OpenVZ, get a raid card, or you will be in a world of pain as everyone complains of slow disk

The VPS nodes are going to be new, not going to get used ones of those.

Its running minecraft great though.