Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for customers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question for customers

13»

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Raymii said:

i said its under construction -_- please give some time the old domain has been cancelled i need to reissue ssl on the new one give me some time guys thanks

• xDutchyxDutchy Member
    edited July 2014

Raymii said: Your clients are not interested in this. Why do they need to change their kernel? They just want a VPS. Mention you use kvm, nothing more.

My guess would be that this is a 100% copy of the interwebs

@clouds4india you can restrict access to your website while it's under construction, it's advised to do so, since half a website looks very unprofessional.

EDIT: There we go, nearly exact the same text on the KVM website: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Main_Page

• ValdVald Member

http://pittas.me/envato/html/filoxenia/red/

honestly I am not a fan of templates, but I guess it wont matter for the end customers.

lol thanks i was gonna link it here

honestly I am not a fan of templates, but I guess it wont matter for the end customers.
    @xDutchy said:
    EDIT: There we go, nearly exact the same text on the KVM website: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Main_Page

Well what more should i write about KVM i didnt develop it

• @clouds4india said:
    Well what more should i write about KVM i didnt develop it

Copying exact text from your source just doesn't look good, use your own words rather than copy and pastes that make your solution look more generic than a white piece of paper.

@Rhys_quadex said:
    Copying exact text from your source just doesn't look good, use your own words rather than copy and pastes that make your solution look more generic than a white piece of paper.

I removed KVM description well as @W3Host said its not important for client

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Well, this one's a big ol' clusterfuck, innit?

@clouds4india - if you ever want to have even a shred of a chance of doing business here, I'd follow the advice you've been given and restrict access to your site now and give yourself a chance to sort it out, otherwise you're just going to keep having people coming it tearing strips off you.

• SunnSunn Member

@clouds4india said:
    how come ?? KVM resources being dedicated and raid 10 on a new node its as low as i can get

Max Offer Monthly on this forums is 7 USD Monthly, the promo code "LET30", gives it away.

@Sunn said:

i never posted that offer here

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited July 2014

@clouds4india said:
    i never posted that offer here

Then why LET30? "LowEndTalk30"?

How about "summersale" or "30OFF" or whatever, be creative.

@Floris said:
    How about "summersale" or "30OFF" or whatever, be creative.

i removed it anyway

https://www.vpsraid.com/

https://billing.vpsraid.com/login.php

finally got them done only terms , privacy and refund policy remaining

• souensouen Member
    edited July 2014

So the other pages are "done", while a number of suggestions here were ignored. It is a pity, as Nekki gave you some good advice. I will repeat it again: please consider putting a teaser/coming soon page until the site is complete. Do the development in a testing area then push it to production when ready so people won't see inactive links and other bugs while you're making changes. Only when all the basics are covered should you announce your update and start promoting the company.

On the front page I see no less than 6 punctuation, capitialisation and missing word errors, i.e. capitalised common pronouns after commas, "In Hosting Industry ...", "dont" hesitate to contact us, etc. The About Us description is awkward and has unterminated sentences.

The persistent errors do not reflect well on the staff and their ability to fix issues should any arise.

Anyhow, this will probably be my last post on this topic. Good luck with your venture.

Thanked by 1vedran

@souen said:
    So the other pages are "done", while a number of suggestions here were ignored. It is a pity, as Nekki gave you some good advice. I will repeat it again: please consider putting a teaser/coming soon page until the site is complete. Do the development in a testing area then push it to production when ready so people won't see inactive links and other bugs while you're making changes. Only when all the basics are covered should you announce your update and start promoting the company.

On the front page I see no less than 6 punctuation, capitialisation and missing word errors, I.e. capitalised common pronouns after commas, "In Hosting Industry ...", "dont" hesitate to contact us, etc. The About Us description is awkward and has unterminated sentences.

The persistent errors do not reflect well on the staff and their ability to fix issues should any arise.

Anyhow, this will probably be my last post on this topic. Good luck with your venture.

Thanks for pointers

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Why do you have a link to Twitter's homepage at the bottom? That is pointless! So many spelling errors and grammar fails it isn't even funny! And VPSRaid, how dumb is that? Will you raid my VPS and run away with all my data?

Thanked by 1Floris

haven't got a better domain , RAID -> implies redundancy

@shovenose said:
    Why do you have a link to Twitter's homepage at the bottom? That is pointless! So many spelling errors and grammar fails it isn't even funny! And VPSRaid, how dumb is that? Will you raid my VPS and run away with all my data?

could you kindly point out the spelling errors

edited July 2014

@clouds4india said:
    could you kindly point out the spelling errors

For $7/page.

RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID
    RAID (originally redundant array of inexpensive disks; now commonly redundant array of independent disks) is a data storage virtualization technology that ...

edited July 2014

@shovenose said:
    For $7/page.

which spellings are you talking about

kindly mention them

@clouds4india said:
    kindly mention them

I will rewrite your content without spelling errors for $7/page.

• wychwych Member
    edited July 2014

@clouds4india said:
    RAID (originally redundant array of inexpensive disks; now commonly redundant array of independent disks) is a data storage virtualization technology that ...

Try above that...

a rapid surprise attack on an enemy by troops, aircraft, or other armed forces.
    "a bombing raid"

conduct a raid on.
    "officers raided thirty homes yesterday"

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited July 2014

clouds4india said: which spellings are you talking about

kindly mention them

Well, looking at your site for a few seconds...

Don't think I'll bother scrolling past and continuing. You should hire an editor at least.

e: doh... spaces before commas...

@AThomasHowe said:

thanks alot i really appreciate your help