Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReverseHosts announcement - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReverseHosts announcement

Comments

• Hei Ihtasham i really like to answer my tichet #369975
    its one week old and my vps is offline since then

• Monsta_AU said: I voted LAX but only because I am in AU. The latencies once you get too much further east tend to be quite noticeable for me. Atlanta is especially noticeable from here.

Glad that LV is up and running, hopefully the latency is less than Dallas was.

Atlanta is like on the other side and Dallas is closer to the center. LV definitely has lower latency to Asia Pacific.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Manchester would be nice for a change.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Depends, which DC in Manchester ?

• UK. :)

• zevuszevus Member

Hmm, anyone know the name of a dedicated server provider in Michigan?

• UPDATE: Thank you for all your feedback. Most requested migrations have been completed. There seems to be a huge issue with migrating on the Demeter node so please open a ticket to backup your data because we are not able to resolve this issue without Calihop's support, which of course now is closed.

• zevus said: Hmm, anyone know the name of a dedicated server provider in Michigan?

Check here http://www.waveform.net/ or check with Srvis they have services out of that datacenter. They may have some dedis to rent.

• FritzFritz Veteran

@Ihtasham
    You gave me a used IP as Test IP for my New IP. Please look after it.

• @Ihtasham you should respond to ticket #369975
    Is legit request and i can wait another weekend

• CrabCrab Member

@Ihtasham Thumbs up for the operation well done. No data loss and the downtime was reasonable.

• adisaanadisaan Member
    edited July 2014

I want to know if there is anyone here in my situation?

I have a VPS server from Reversehosts is offline from July 3, 2014.
    I opened a ticket and the first time I hear something from the company is on July 9 that is posting here (for 6 days no answer and all my sites offline).

Meanwhile came the day of payment, but I said that it is pointless to pay for a nonexistent service. The next day the ticket are answered "Pay the invoice and once your service is reactive THEN I will move you to the node in LV"

I pay everything plus a late fee and wait impatiently for my server to be moved. I get the message that everything is ok and the new ip but ** my server is still offline ** and then no response from the company. There is someone in my situation?

Now passed and another 48 hours and I paid for a service that does not have access. And I just want to @Ihtasham respond my ticket.

• @adisaan I have answered your ticket but please do realize that we are having some crisis with migrating some machines and I'm trying my best to handle this situation so if we're taking some time please be just a little patient because at the moment it's only me dealing with everything. I know this is irrelevant to you as a client and that you pay us for a good service and as compensation I have credit you to make up for this let down. If you have any other problems, do not hesitate to open a ticket.

Thanks for your patience.

• UPDATE: Unfortunately the Las Vegas server is now full and I'm looking at bringing up another server in LV so if you're waiting on migrations please just hang in there because we just need to wait on getting a new server which should be very soon. In regards to what Calihop have said about "servers could go down at any time", it is really stressful logging onto our nodes and seeing if they still actually exist. Rest assured, we're trying our best to migrate people every single day.

• Monsta_AUMonsta_AU Member
    edited July 2014

Looks like Demeter is now dark. It is the only box I have a service on so I am not sure about the rest.

Don't worry about it @Ihtasham, there's nothing on it and it was only idling, so I am happy for someone else to take spots on the new LV server. Once you are all sorted out, I will raise a ticket and get you to provision elsewhere.

• UPDATE: Looks like all of our nodes hosted by Calihop are now offline and we were still waiting on the new node to arrive from QP. I am really unhappy with the way that Calihop has left things and this has ruined our business and also has frustrated our clients. If you were waiting on a migration the best we can now offer you is either a refund for your last payment or a fresh VPS on our new node. Please open a ticket with us and we will try our best to compensate.

• J1021J1021 Member

Why did you not take backups as soon as you knew of the impending situation?

• @kcaj said:
    Why did you not take backups as soon as you knew of the impending situation?

Node was full.

• @Jack said:
    Loss of data - priceless.

Well, not everybody can understand that as you can yourself here.

• Please note that we did try to take backups to another server but our San Diego nodes were being HIGHLY unresponsive and we were getting very bad speeds. Therefore we sent out emails and notices TWICE about doing your own backups. I understand that it is our responsibility to take backups but we did try our best to and considering that Calihop themselves DID NOT even tell us about their company shutting down, we were at very short notice. I actually found this news on another thread here, so please do try to understand the situation we were in.

• What is the current situation with another node @Ihtasham? Are you getting another in LV?

Also, what is the status of Seattle? Availability, limitations?

• @Monsta_AU: We have got a temp server in LV so we can start migrations and get people online. We have a permanent server in LV coming on around Wednesday so we'll migrate again (no need for IP changes). And we're thinking of getting another server again in LV and using that as a main location. Not looking for any other locations at this moment. All the Atlanta servers are fine and online. We have also taken measures to backup VM's but please note that in our ToS it says that we are not responsible for your data and this information has been there for a long time now. So although we are taking some backups, it doesn't mean that they will always be up to date and actually existent mainly because the SolusVM auto FTP backup feature is very bad and as far as I have read, r1soft is unsupported with OpenVZ.

• @Ihtasham said:
    Monsta_AU: We have got a temp server in LV so we can start migrations and get people online.

That's great. Is that a second server in LV?

We have a permanent server in LV coming on around Wednesday so we'll migrate again (no need for IP changes).

Excellent news - nothing worse than IP changes. The fact you have been able to achieve that is a big bonus. Well done.

And we're thinking of getting another server again in LV and using that as a main location. Not looking for any other locations at this moment.

So that would make three nodes total?

All the Atlanta servers are fine and online.

Sorry, I mentioned Seattle but it is of course Atlanta. Please correct me if I am wrong, IPv6 is not available in Atlanta? Part of the reason my service was in SD.

Will LV have IPv6 or is that on a 'coming' basis?

• Monsta_AU said: Will LV have IPv6 or is that on a 'coming' basis?

@Monsta_AU: I've asked QP if there will be any IPv6 support on the LV nodes. The first LV node "Hestia" doesn't have IPv6 support but I will check up on them to see if the new node can. I will update you as soon as I have information.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

Ihtasham said: I've asked QP if there will be any IPv6 support on the LV nodes.

Not yet. We may have it in the future, but there is no ETA at the moment.

• @qps said:
    Not yet. We may have it in the future, but there is no ETA at the moment.

Thats a shame. Hope you have it up and running soon.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • gracagraca Member

temp vm is worst, I can't re-install my container, still not getting my vps up

• @graca: I'm in the process of getting the new node up, once that is done I will transfer all the VM's from temp so you should have no further problems after that.

• netguynetguy Member

Sweet words only but my VPS is offline during more a week. ReverseHosts promised transfer to LV node but didn't do it. A new dream is Atlanta node. Still waiting. No support response. No transfer, no refund. Wonderfully!

• c0yc0y Member
    edited July 2014

You had a fast enough connection to do enough migrations until the LV server was full but not enough to take backups? Maybe you shouldn't have given up on backups just because you happened to try during peak hours.