Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any reviews aboutt chicagovps.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any reviews aboutt chicagovps.net?

I have a server donw 3 days .
send ticket.still not fix
scam?

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member

Never heard about this company. Where you found them?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Spirit said:
    Never heard about this company. Where you found them?

TROLL HAHAHAHAHAHA

@ttsaon before you get shitstormed, should you tell us what do you do in your VPS? It may be suspended for abuse

Thanked by 1Neoon
  • SweetSweet Member

inb4 chris comes and talks shit.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • blackblack Member

Screenshots please.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2014

I only read good reviews about them. Their famous CEO, Chris Fabozzi, is said to be a very honest, friendly and technically adept person. The company operates completely independent and is 100% owned by Mr. Fabozzi. No secret or hidden real owner behind it, which is a big plus. They offer very reliable servers that are never overloaded or oversold with stellar uptime. They love customer's privacy a lot. Their WHMCS database never leaked to the internet. How great is that? Another plus: They keep SSNs of all their employees. Even of those with two or more names. I would say that you simply cannot go wrong with those great guys! Just wait a bit longer, I am sure that someone will come back to your ticket very, very SOON [tm].

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @Amitz said:
    I saw only good reviews about them. Their main employee, Chris Fabozzi, is said to be a very honest, friendly and technically adept person. The company operates completely independent and is 100% owned by Mr. Fabozzi. No secret or hidden real owner behind it, which is a big plus. They offer very reliable servers that are never overloaded or oversold with stellar uptime. They love customer's privacy a lot. Their WHMCS database never leaked to the internet. How great is that? Another plus: They keep SSNs of all their employees. Even of those with two or more names. I would say that you simply cannot go wrong with those great guys! Just wait a bit longer, I am sure that someone will come back to your ticket very, very SOON [tm].

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

In short, I would say that they are good, you may try sending him PM here @CVPS_Chris

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ttsaon said:
    I have a server donw 3 days .
    send ticket.still not fix
    scam?

Why is it down?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I have a server with them. It's pretty awesome. Then again, I might be biased because I only have one server :P

• My server uptime 288days till now

• BoxodeBoxode Member

sedotan said: My server uptime 288days till now

proof?

• Boxode said: proof?

I'd suspect that it's the norm rather than an exception.

• joereidjoereid Member
    edited July 2014

@Boxode said:

[root@nj2 ~]# uptime

16:06:01 up 237 days, 21:04, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00

That's my cvps server in nj...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@joereid said:
    [root@nj2 ~]# uptime

16:06:01 up 237 days, 21:04, 1 user, load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00

That's my cvps server in nj...

Not enough proof, you need it give him a login to the VPS.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Any reviews about GreenValueHost.com ?

• @Nekki said:
    Not enough proof, you need it give him a login to the VPS.

IP: 8.8.8.8

Username: bitchplease

Password: iaintthatstupid

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

Nekki said: Not enough proof, you need it give him a login to the VPS.

Not me, but a trusted staff. CVPS are known to be idiots & swallow other brands.

• vedranvedran Veteran

I am not trusted.

@OP there are many threads about them here, with mixed feelings. Just look it up

• ttsaonttsaon Member

I order dedicated server .
    now they reply will pay $20 extra to fix.

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited July 2014

Can you provide some more information? What exactly is broken and what needs to be fixed?

Thanked by 1sharuu
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@ttsaon said:
    I order dedicated server .
    now they reply will pay $20 extra to fix.

So is this a case of you order server, you break server, you complain about a) CVPS not repairing what you broke quickly enough for you and b) CVPS wanting to charge you for repairing the damage you did?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Try to contact them again. It's an ok sized company, they should take care of you

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2014

said: I have a server donw 3 days . send ticket.still not fix scam?

I hate when people here are calling providers scam, etc., when they do not give us detailed information about the nature of their problem. Why the server is down for 3 days? Is it a provider's issue or something is broken? What did the provider answer? What is the installation and the use of the dedi? Did OP monitor the server and do he have any logs from the monitoring system? When and how did the server went off line and when did the OP opened a support ticket? Witch is the service? What kind of dedi and with what specs?

If anybody want to give a bad review, he should give full details of the problem and of the dialogs / tickets with the provider to support his claims. A simple post "me - server, is - down, send - ticket, they - scam", especially with reply "I order dedicated server . now they reply will pay $20 extra to fix." look like a scam post, not a scam provider.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

If it's a dedi - a $20 fee for even a tech to "review" the problem is godly, let alone fix the issue at hand. Techs charge $60 - $150/hr.

You broke it, you fix it.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

You can PM me with your ticket ID and I will take a look at it and get this situation straightened out.

Chris

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ttsaonttsaon Member

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Hello,

You can PM me with your ticket ID and I will take a look at it and get this situation straightened out.

Chris

I can not use my server 5 days. PM you please fix it and extend my server or refund.

• AvatecerAvatecer Member
    edited July 2014

My VPS with them still up and never have any bad trouble since I bought the vps. my last downtime was 26 of June 2014 and lasted for 9 minutes, not so that bad. I think they're good at managing uptime (it's 99,97%) overall for 25 days.
    But sometimes (it happened in the past, i think it was 2 or 3 months ago), i got my vps restarted for no reason, I don't know why.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Just to clear up the issue here. The OP got a dedicated server, used it for a few days and something stopped working. We told him that we need to attach a KVM to it and there would be a charge. He refused to pay the charge, and really didnt understand why there was a charge.

We have since found him a new system, and installing a new server. Moderator, you can now close this thread. @mpkossen

• rds100rds100 Member

CVPS_Chris said: we need to attach a KVM

What kind of server was it? I thought yours always come with built in IPMI.